• 7(current)
Mod reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)
A couple of things that I have noticed are a bit on the slow side are clear art load time when I pause a video and the update library item stays on "stop scanning" well after the process is finished. Also the blue background for the settings menu/addon menu ect is slow to load. The background is black for a few seconds before the background loads.

Thanks.
Great fix on the busy circle!

I notice that the white highlight that is used on the main menu to navigate overlaps slightly with the item below. For example when I have Movies highlighted the white part goes slightly into TV Shows which is located below Movies on my home screen.
Thank you guys for the lovely birthday wishes!! :)

(2014-02-20, 04:11)st0nedpenguin Wrote: MANY thanks for your work on this skin though, words cannot explain how happy I was just to get a version of Alaska running on Gotham let alone this light version!

thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you enjoy it :)

(2014-02-25, 16:04)spjonez Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 02:03)st0nedpenguin Wrote: Are you running on a Pi? Every minute optimization really helps.
What can I say I want both features and speed, and I'm willing to help to make that happen :grin:

I'm pretty sure we will find a solution ;-) I have still a bunch of things on my priority list but when I'm done I may consider merging the option to set custom home menu items back into the skin as long as it doesn't use too much variables and stuff.

(2014-02-26, 14:50)Scott00007 Wrote: I like to use a custom folder to have fanart as the background image on the TV Shows/Movies menu on the home screen but I would like to shorten the time between changes. What .xml file do I need to edit to change this?

you mean a fanart slideshow? this is using way too much resources IMO, that's why there is no such option in this skin. you can of course add it on your own.. but I can't help you at the moment as there are still a lot of things to add or fix.

(2014-02-26, 17:35)Scott00007 Wrote: A couple of things that I have noticed are a bit on the slow side are clear art load time when I pause a video (...)

I have changed the ClearArt animation on the paused Videoplayer screen today. there is now a delay of 2s until the clearart fades in, this should hide the loading time and make things a bit smoother.
also try not to use HD Logos/ClearArts, because it takes longer to load and display them. offtopic: if someone knows how to tell the "Artwork Downloader" to only use SD Logos please drop me a line.
in addition you can use something like MilhouseVH's Texture Cache Maintenance utility to optimize your artwork cache.
I personally only use ClearLogos on my Raspberry Pi, but I have to admit the ClearArts actually look pretty ace ;-)

(2014-02-26, 17:35)Scott00007 Wrote: (...) the update library item stays on "stop scanning" well after the process is finished.

this has been fixed. only one small tag was missing but it took me almost one hour to realize this :D

(2014-02-26, 17:35)Scott00007 Wrote: Also the blue background for the settings menu/addon menu ect is slow to load. The background is black for a few seconds before the background loads.

I haven't noticed this on my system ever. can you please contact me directly with further information about this issue? (screenshot, tiny video clip, etc.)

(2014-02-20, 07:47)Scott00007 Wrote: The "working" circle that comes up when something is loading, say a YouTube video, shows up the in the upper left corner which is where the YouTube (in this case) name is located. If the coding isn't too much I think that it would be better in the upper right corner so nothing is obscured. Not a deal breaker but an improvement for sure.

fixed in the newest revision as well.

(2014-02-26, 18:01)Scott00007 Wrote: I notice that the white highlight that is used on the main menu to navigate overlaps slightly with the item below. For example when I have Movies highlighted the white part goes slightly into TV Shows which is located below Movies on my home screen.

okay, it was exactly the same as the parent skin. Now I have changed it slightly so it should be better separated from each other.

I have opened the "Issues" tab on the GitHub page so you can report bugs there directly.

luckily I also found out why some of you had problems installing this skin from zip. You are getting the "wrong file structure" error in XBMC because the zip-file from GitHub is holding an additional parent folder (skin.refocus.light-gotham)...not sure If (how) I can change this behaviour somewhere on Github..?! in the meantime you can of course unzip the file on your computer and copy the skin.refocus.light folder into the "addons"-folder of your XBMC device manually.
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
I am loving the new busy circle location...thanks.

The white highlight is looking great.....thanks again.

Thanks for the update library fix!

I think that I explained the background "issue" poorly. I use multi images for the background instead of a single image and I just want to adjust the time that the images are displayed on screen before it switches.....I just don't know what .xml file to edit to speed it up.
(2014-02-27, 05:03)Scott00007 Wrote: I think that I explained the background "issue" poorly. I use multi images for the background instead of a single image and I just want to adjust the time that the images are displayed on screen before it switches.....I just don't know what .xml file to edit to speed it up.

first, pull the latest changes from GitHub. then open up Home.xml

scroll down to the Multi BG fanart section and change the value of the <timeperimage> tag how you want it. for example "5000" would mean one new image every 5 seconds. you can also adjust the other settings to your liking.
Thank you!

That is exactly what I want.

The skin is running so smooth, thanks for all of your work.
Scott00007 Wrote:By favorite I mean that I could add something to my favorites, say a certain playlist or season of a tv show and then I would have the option to add a custom home screen item which would allow me to pick any of the things that I had favorited and put that on my home screen.
Did you put favourites on top or bottom?
---
As it turns out the vast majority of the weight from custom home items comes from the option of having them on top or bottom (it doubles the code in HomeMenu.xml). I've already forked and readded custom home items to the Gotham branch and I'm working with freem@n to optimize them now. Custom home items will return but they will always appear on top (the default in Refocus Big).
It is good to hear that custom home menu items will be coming back! I have my custom items at the bottom of my home menu. Freem@n provided me with an edited home menu. XML so that is what I have been using to have the skin look the way I want.
(2014-02-28, 22:37)Scott00007 Wrote: It is good to hear that custom home menu items will be coming back! I have my custom items at the bottom of my home menu. Freem@n provided me with an edited home menu. XML so that is what I have been using to have the skin look the way I want.

you can of course use this custom xml as long as you want. Smile spjonez and I, we just wanted to implement the option to set a custom home menu entry back into the skin so everyone (even unexperienced users) can customize the skin while keeping everything responsive and smooth.
I'm sure that everyone who uses the skin will appreciate all the work!
(2014-03-01, 14:58)Scott00007 Wrote: I'm sure that everyone who uses the skin will appreciate all the work!
Are you running Frodo or Gotham? All my Pi's are on Gotham. I can back-port my changes to the Frodo branch but I don't have any way to test them. Anyone want to be a guinee pig?
---
Pull requests sent for both branches!
I am running Gotham.
About the background issue. I have uploaded a log (# 141013) after changing screens a few times. The problem (and it's not a big problem) is that the blue background.png just loads slowly. For example when I go into the TV Shows menu the images for the various tv shows I have show up with the background black and then a second or 2 later the blue background loads. If I go into the settings menu all of the white settings options load with the background black and then the blue background will load in a second or two. If you want a video or something to get a better idea what I am talking about I can figure out how to do that.

Thanks.
Heart 
(2014-03-01, 15:33)spjonez Wrote: Pull requests sent for both branches!

everything merged successfully! :) Many thanks to spjonez for the nice colab work!! good job and a pleasure to work with you, mate. hopefully everyone enjoys the added options to customize your home menu.
I just installed the update and everything is running amazingly. I love the custom home menu items!!!! Thanks for all of your hard work.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)8