• 38(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080++
(2014-02-22, 16:27)LSU Jonno Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 12:57)im85288 Wrote: Strange...at least it's not just happening on this skin. If you post your debug log it may help reveal what is going on. Has this always been the case in Gotham? Is it the same with the Frodo version?

Don't all 3 of those skins share some code?

Even weirder, it doesn't happen on my Win8.1 machine that is also running my backend. It only happens on my client machines (3 of them, all Win7 boxes). What do you want to see in my logs? Should I just turn on XBMC pull up the EPG and then power down?

ETA: I never ran PVR in Frodo, too many missing features. So I can't comment on if it was an issue in Frodo. Can I just install 12.3 over my Gotham install to downgrade and test?

They do share quite a lot of code so maybe theirs something in that, but it's a strange one! You normally can install one version over the other without any issues.
(2014-02-22, 18:13)thrak76 Wrote: Could you post your git address so I can clone the repo instead of downloading zips?

Thanks for addressing the bugs I posted!

The GIT's not really up to date at the minute, the quickest way to get updates is when I push them to the repo...it's been quiet for a while so no update. But as long as you installed the repo from the first page you'll get the updates automatically so only need to install the zip once. Hopefully the next update will fix the bugs you mentioned Smile
im85288,

How to disable the name of the song that is going on in the center of the screen?
(2014-02-22, 22:25)im85288 Wrote: The GIT's not really up to date at the minute, the quickest way to get updates is when I push them to the repo...it's been quiet for a while so no update. But as long as you installed the repo from the first page you'll get the updates automatically so only need to install the zip once. Hopefully the next update will fix the bugs you mentioned Smile

Understand. We'll get the latest and greatest by using your repo.

Well, here's a couple more inconsistencies. Please tell me if this gets overwhelming, because - just ask the Aeon Nox guys - I can find lots of little bugs. Wink

Here I'm using the skin's default colors in the appearance-->settings. Notice how the panels and the text in the lower portion of the screen are easily readable, but the text in the upper corners blends into the background.

In contrast, with the same default color setting, flags and text on this video wall are easily readable.

Now, if I change the colors in appearance-->settings to say... white, then text is readable all over, but the flags on the video wall are now obscured. This is not consistent across all viewtypes because every other viewtype is whitish in the bottom portion of the screen. Only video wall is dark.

Also while going through all the viewtypes I noticed inconsistent methods for getting into the settings menus. Sometimes you press left. Sometimes down. Sometimes up. On panel wall you have to scroll all the way to the bottom until you can get into the settings menu. Just something to look over, and if you need, I can elaborate.

Thanks a lot! Let me know how I can help.
(2014-02-22, 22:25)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 16:27)LSU Jonno Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 12:57)im85288 Wrote: Strange...at least it's not just happening on this skin. If you post your debug log it may help reveal what is going on. Has this always been the case in Gotham? Is it the same with the Frodo version?

Don't all 3 of those skins share some code?

Even weirder, it doesn't happen on my Win8.1 machine that is also running my backend. It only happens on my client machines (3 of them, all Win7 boxes). What do you want to see in my logs? Should I just turn on XBMC pull up the EPG and then power down?

ETA: I never ran PVR in Frodo, too many missing features. So I can't comment on if it was an issue in Frodo. Can I just install 12.3 over my Gotham install to downgrade and test?

They do share quite a lot of code so maybe theirs something in that, but it's a strange one! You normally can install one version over the other without any issues.

Downgraded to Frodo on 2/3 of my machines having this problem. Installed WMC backend and all channel icons displayed correctly. Upgraded back to latest nightly gotham and all channel icons displayed correctly. Restarted XBMC and and PCs to make sure, and all channel icons still display correctly. Strange. Has anyone else had this issue with WMC backend displaying channel logos in this skin? It appears that if you had this skin and WMC backend setup in frodo and upgrade to gotham it will work. But if you upgrade to gotham and THEN download this skin, it has problems.
Make that 3/3 machines working now after downgrading to Frodo then upgrading back to Gotham. Weird.

I haven't read through this entire thread, but are you working on adding the series recording feature into this skin? This is one of the top 2 or 3 PVR skins out there. Great work.
(2014-02-22, 23:27)thrak76 Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 22:25)im85288 Wrote: The GIT's not really up to date at the minute, the quickest way to get updates is when I push them to the repo...it's been quiet for a while so no update. But as long as you installed the repo from the first page you'll get the updates automatically so only need to install the zip once. Hopefully the next update will fix the bugs you mentioned Smile

Understand. We'll get the latest and greatest by using your repo.

Well, here's a couple more inconsistencies. Please tell me if this gets overwhelming, because - just ask the Aeon Nox guys - I can find lots of little bugs. WinkI

Here I'm using the skin's default colors in the appearance-->settings. Notice how the panels and the text in the lower portion of the screen are easily readable, but the text in the upper corners blends into the background.

In contrast, with the same default color setting, flags and text on this video wall are easily readable.

Now, if I change the colors in appearance-->settings to say... white, then text is readable all over, but the flags on the video wall are now obscured. This is not consistent across all viewtypes because every other viewtype is whitish in the bottom portion of the screen. Only video wall is dark.

Also while going through all the viewtypes I noticed inconsistent methods for getting into the settings menus. Sometimes you press left. Sometimes down. Sometimes up. On panel wall you have to scroll all the way to the bottom until you can get into the settings menu. Just something to look over, and if you need, I can elaborate.

Thanks a lot! Let me know how I can help.

Cool, your on Aeon Nox fan that was the skin that got me in to xbmc. I really appreciate you reporting the issues here, as tbh I hardly navigate past the homescreen these days!

I should have some free time to start looking into these issues in the next week or two..but at the minute my times being spent on roku development...BUT I'm not abandoning this Smile)

(2014-02-23, 07:49)LSU Jonno Wrote: Make that 3/3 machines working now after downgrading to Frodo then upgrading back to Gotham. Weird.

I haven't read through this entire thread, but are you working on adding the series recording feature into this skin? This is one of the top 2 or 3 PVR skins out there. Great work.

Really strange, but glad you got it sorted and posted your findings for others if needed. I haven't got the series record feature in my todo list..basically because I'm not aware of it! I use the tv headend backend and it's not supported yet Sad But if you post a link of where/what needs to be done I'll put it in. As for top 2 or 3 PVR skin, thanks it's been the main feature of this skin from the start as for me at least it's the most used section in xbmc. Any tips/suggestions to make it even better are most welcome.
im85288,

You noticed my doubts on it? Is to disable the name of the song that is going on in the center of the screen?
  Another thing would to put an option to show the image of the artist and the translucent effect of music together?

see some examples :

(2014-02-23, 14:05)im85288 Wrote: I haven't got the series record feature in my todo list..basically because I'm not aware of it! I use the tv headend backend and it's not supported yet Sad But if you post a link of where/what needs to be done I'll put it in. As for top 2 or 3 PVR skin, thanks it's been the main feature of this skin from the start as for me at least it's the most used section in xbmc. Any tips/suggestions to make it even better are most welcome.

I'm not a coder so I'm not exactly sure what needs to be done. I've done some digging on the forums and it looks like each skin needs to create a custom window for each backend that reads a couple of xml files.

I use WMC Backend.

Check out this post.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=180967

The best thing to do might be to send a PM to KrustyReturns (the author of the WMC plugin)
http://forum.xbmc.org/member.php?action=...uid=135134

Lots of other backends have series record capability (Myth, NPVR, MediaPortal) so there are probably other users out there who'd like to see this implemented into this skin. It works on Confluence, Arctic and a couple others that I've tried.

Also check out this post by Margro showing off the dialog he made in confluence to enable series recording for the mediaportal backend.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176316
Hi im85288,

I once again did a clean install of the most recent version of OpenElec/Gotham (generic x86/x64 built 17780 as listed here http://snapshots.openelec.tv/). I then just installed your skin and weather underground - nothing more. But I still have the following issues which are quiet annoying. So I would really appreciate if you could have a closer look into it:

1. Lots of the menu itmes are missing in almost all settings menus and submenus (pictures see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1616029 ). It seems that it is related to the language selection for I am getting more itimes (not sure if all) when selecting English (standard setting) instead of German (which I would normally select).

2. I cannot select weather fanart. I can set the weather fanart path, but it only shows fanart for the first day then, not for future days and not in the main menu. This behaviour is the same like setting fanart path but not activating fanarts under the "old" XPerience1080++ skin for Frodo. In the Gotham version of you skin I do not seem to have the menu entry for activating/deactivating weather fanarts anymore. Maybe this is related to the language issue as well (see above), but I switched back to English and did not get the activation menu either. I finally found a work around then: I copied an old guisettings.xml from Frodo (including skin settings for the "old" XPerience1080++ version and activated weather fanarts) and suddenly fanarts where showing just fine. But the menu item for activating/deactivating still is not available.

3. Ever since built17742 of the OpenElec/Gotham-version I have a restart (not a total reboot of the system, just a respring of XBMC) when trying to enter the info-screen in Movie or TV-Show section. This is quiet annoying because I usually have the info screen as default before playing the respective movie/tv-episode. I now had to set playback to "play movie" (default) instead of "show info" to be able to start a movie or tv-episode again. Under confluence-skin info screen works just fine. I posted this issue also in the OpenElec-Forum but it seems those guys are not using XPerience1080++ (what a shame).

Another thing: Could you (re-)implement the option that the transition adjustments/overlays will also affect the background/fanarts in the subsections of movies, tv-shows, music etc. because currently it only affects the main menu. Also some menus still remain standard grey even if you select a different tile and/or menu color, which seems inconsistant.

Brgds,

FantasticN

Edit: As to topic no. 2 I achieved the same result by editing the new guisettings.xml and revising "<setting type="bool" name="skin.xperience1080plusplus.ShowWeatherFanart">false</setting>" from "false" to "true". However, there should be a switch inside the weather section to select this state, but it is not showing up for me.
im85288,

You could also pull the art of playing this cd?? I see which you've managed to do artdownload work early in the skin will be he could not work with junt script.extendedinfo pulling the art of playing this cd?
Hi im85288,

I'm just a noob with a new raspberry pi and I just installed openelec v3.2.4 on it 2 days ago. I'm trying to setup the RPi and I'd like to have the same skin as you have and have the settings the way you have them.
I've installed Xperience1080 from Settings - Appearance - Skin - Get More... - and selecting Xperience1080.

Is this the same Xperience1080 as yours (Xperience1080++). I'm using Frodo 12.2.
If is not the same, which repository should I add to find the correct one?
And is there a guide or youtube video that shows exactly how to setup it the way you have it?

Thanks for your help.
I've been using 1080 for a while and just came upon 1080++... This is a great skin!
Is there a way to replace the "TV Guide" tile function with the Dixie Dean TV Guide (or any other addon)?
(2014-02-26, 20:54)unlic3nsed Wrote: Hi im85288,

I'm just a noob with a new raspberry pi and I just installed openelec v3.2.4 on it 2 days ago. I'm trying to setup the RPi and I'd like to have the same skin as you have and have the settings the way you have them.
I've installed Xperience1080 from Settings - Appearance - Skin - Get More... - and selecting Xperience1080.

Is this the same Xperience1080 as yours (Xperience1080++). I'm using Frodo 12.2.
If is not the same, which repository should I add to find the correct one?
And is there a guide or youtube video that shows exactly how to setup it the way you have it?

Thanks for your help.

No, this is not the same version as Xperience1080. This is a MOD (= modified version) with some amendments, more features and more options.

You can grab the repo for Xperience1080++ in the first post of this thread. There you may also read about the major differences to the "regular" Xperience1080-skin. Since you are using OpenELEC 3.2.4 you are still on XBMC 12 ("Frodo"). This means you have to grab the repo 1.0.0 to get the appropriate version of this skin. http://im85288.no-ip.org/xbmc/addons/im8...-1.0.0.zip

Remember that the Frodo-Version of this skin will not be developed any further. The latest changes and modifications do all apply only to the new Gotham-Version. To make use of them you would have to install XBMC 13 ("Gotham"). If you want to try out XBMC Gotham you can always grab the latest releases of OpenElec (nightly builts) here http://snapshots.openelec.tv/ or here http://mirrors.xbmcnightlybuilds.com/ . Though they are still called "nightly builts" and have not even reached beta status yet they are mostly stable. If you tryout the nightlies you also have to use version 1.0.1 of the repo for the Gotham-version of this skin: http://im85288.no-ip.org/xbmc/addons/im8...-1.0.1.zip

Brgds,

FantasticN

Edit: By the way: I have a raspy for testing reasons as well and I find Xperience1080 (official or this MOD) running very slow on this machine. Therefore I once suggested to create a separate "slender" version of the skin which unfortunately has not been done yet. My personal experience is that the best performing skin for the raspy currently is Amber.
(2014-02-27, 05:44)DetrieZ Wrote: I've been using 1080 for a while and just came upon 1080++... This is a great skin!
Is there a way to replace the "TV Guide" tile function with the Dixie Dean TV Guide (or any other addon)?

Hi, yes you can replace any tile with whatever add-on/video node/function that you like.

@fantasticn - thanks for answering the above query Smile Your queries have not been forgotten! In the meantime I would suggest trying out this weather fanart pack: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1604625 It seems that people have found that not all the images were actually needed...so this pack is a lot smaller and it is more accurate. Am I right in thinking the weather fanart is displaying correctly in the widget on the home screen and the bottom panel when using the alternate metro view BUT not showing as a background when you access the weather section on the home screen? When I get the time I will do a fresh install to test out what you reported, I'm just wondering why no one else seems to have this issue..unless of course everyone is using english or upgraded frodo to gotham and kept some settings...
Hi im85288,

thanks for your answer and the link. I will try it out. Currently I have two different weather fanart packs installed. There is plenty of room on my SSDs since OpenElec/XBMC does not occupy much space incl. all addons. But I like new weather fanarts :-)

As to your question: There is no fanart displayed in the back of the weather section, no "small" fanarts (thumbs) above the forecast except for the current day, and there is no display of the fanart in the main menu (just the regular listing of temperature etc.). It is exactly the behaviour you would get, when you point to the weather fanart pack, but do not activate "show weather fanarts". This is because the option to activate the weather fanart is not displayed for me, so I cannot trigger it. Therefore I edited the guisettings.xmls file manually and set the respective option to "true". That worked out well. So now I have weather fanarts displayed correctly in main menu and weather section. But still the option for activating/deactivating them keeps missing. I guess doing it by editing the gusettings.xml is not the way it is supposed to work.

Also I am still missing a lot of items in the various sub-sections of the settings menu. However, that seems to be related to my selection of "German" as the default language. If I switch back to "english" (standard language selection) I get all settings correctly. But it would be very helpful if the missing sections would also be displayed when German language is selected.

Another thing is, that hitting the "favorites"-button does not bring up anything.

The worst problem right now is that fact that ever since OpenElec nightly built 764 (and all follow-up releases) the info-screen of movies and tv-shows does not work anymore. If I try to enter info-section XBMC suddenly restarts/resprings. Thats annoying because I used to have the info-screen showing as default before playing a movie or tv-show, which I cannot anymore right now. Using another skin on OpenElec (e.g. confluence) does not have this problem and info-screen works just fine. So it's just the combination of the recent OpenElec-releases and your skin.

Thanks for taking care and keep up the good work!

Brgds,

FantasticN
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080++9