• 26(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2014-02-22, 23:30)antihero Wrote: Can't get this plugin to work, I get a script error.

EDIT: Tried Unblockus-service and this works, so it's an smartdnsproxy issue.

I think this is my issue too. I use adfreetime in Canada to get US Netflix, and I get the same errors. I'm happy with the price/service though, so I'm not going to switch to Unblock-us. Any idea what the issues might be with other dns proxy services?
(2013-12-15, 20:48)presslab Wrote: I have a nuisance problem where upon returning from the browser XBMC displays the message "Remote Share" "Could not connect to network server", even though everything worked fine. I am using Gotham nightly on Ubuntu 13.10.

I got around to figuring this out. Here is my patch that fixes this.

Code:
--- default.py.orig    2014-02-22 21:55:45.555541349 -0800
+++ default.py    2014-02-22 21:51:40.000000000 -0800
@@ -653,7 +653,10 @@
     elif videoType == "movie":
         entries.append((translation(30122), 'RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=addMovieToLibrary&url='+urllib.quote_plus(url)+'&name='+urllib.quote_plus(name.strip()+' ('+year+')')+')',))
     liz.addContextMenuItems(entries)
-    ok = xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=int(sys.argv[1]), url=u, listitem=liz, isFolder=True)
+    if mode == "playVideo":
+        ok = xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=int(sys.argv[1]), url=u, listitem=liz, isFolder=False)
+    else:
+        ok = xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=int(sys.argv[1]), url=u, listitem=liz, isFolder=True)
     return ok

@@ -683,7 +686,10 @@
         entries.append((translation(30122), 'RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=addMovieToLibrary&url='+urllib.quote_plus(url)+'&name='+str(name.strip()+' ('+year+')')+')',))
-    ok = xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=int(sys.argv[1]), url=u, listitem=liz, isFolder=True)
+        ok = xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=int(sys.argv[1]), url=u, listitem=liz, isFolder=False)
+    else:
+        ok = xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=int(sys.argv[1]), url=u, listitem=liz, isFolder=True)
     return ok

@@ -718,7 +724,7 @@
         liz.setProperty("fanart_image", fanartFile)
     elif os.path.exists(coverFile):
         liz.setProperty("fanart_image", coverFile)
+    ok = xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=int(sys.argv[1]), url=u, listitem=liz, isFolder=False)
     return ok

params = parameters_string_to_dict(sys.argv[2])
(2014-02-24, 06:25)presslab Wrote:
(2013-12-15, 20:48)presslab Wrote: I have a nuisance problem where upon returning from the browser XBMC displays the message "Remote Share" "Could not connect to network server", even though everything worked fine. I am using Gotham nightly on Ubuntu 13.10.

I got around to figuring this out. Here is my patch that fixes this.

Code:
--- default.py.orig    2014-02-22 21:55:45.555541349 -0800
+++ default.py    2014-02-22 21:51:40.000000000 -0800
@@ -653,7 +653,10 @@
         entries.append((translation(30122), 'RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=addMovieToLibrary&url='+urllib.quote_plus(url)+'&name='+urllib.quote_plus(name.strip()+' ('+year+')')+')',))
+    else:
     return ok

@@ -683,7 +686,10 @@
         entries.append((translation(30122), 'RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=addMovieToLibrary&url='+urllib.quote_plus(url)+'&name='+str(name.strip()+' ('+year+')')+')',))
+    else:
     return ok

@@ -718,7 +724,7 @@
         liz.setProperty("fanart_image", fanartFile)
     elif os.path.exists(coverFile):
         liz.setProperty("fanart_image", coverFile)
+    ok = xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=int(sys.argv[1]), url=u, listitem=liz, isFolder=False)
     return ok

params = parameters_string_to_dict(sys.argv[2])

How to apply this patch?
(2014-01-23, 13:49)eirki Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 05:14)Mohrdain Wrote: Thank you for the plug-in; really like it.

The only thing that I have come across so far is that my system will go to sleep after 15 minutes when using this plug-in with Chrome. I do not experience this behavior with other plug-ins that I am using with XBMC. I am doing some work to see if this is a fault on my end from a settings point of view as I just installed Chrome on my system Monday of this week, however if this is a bug I wanted to provide the feedback.

I have a fresh installation from 2 days ago.

Windows 8 System
Frodo 12.0

Thanks.

This could possibly be due to system settings. I believe XBMC overrides the system (Windows) settings about when to go to sleep/turn the screen off/turn the computer off etc. However, when you are watching something using NetfliXBMC, XBMC is no longer the active window - Chrome is. Thus the system settings are back in effect. Could this be the reason the system goes to sleep?

Interestingly enough, I'm getting this behaviour too (Windows 7, Frodo 12.3). I've set my system go to sleep to 3 hours or something like that - yet whenever I start Netflix in XBMC, the system shuts down after 10 minutes.

If I close down XBMC, pull up IE, and browse to Netflix there - it works fine - no sleeping. So somehow XBMC and NetfliXBMC is calling the sleep routine - for the life of me I can't work out why.

Anyone else had this?
Hi - I'm trying to get this working on a Windows 7 machine. I am constantly getting the message "You are not logged in. Restart the addon!". I have reinstalled Frodo and tried the latest nightly build of Gotham and taken down windows firewall and my antivirus just in case. I have entered the username and password but no matter what I do I keep getting this message.

I followed the Lifehacker tutorial 3 times without any luck.

I am using Chrome and the only other possible thing is I am running XBMC as a shell, although I have explorer running when trying to get this going. I can log into Netflix fine from chrome.

Do you have advice?

Thanks in advance
Author hasn't posted in a month... Is this suddenly abandonware?
hi folks,
just installed this and configured to use internet explorer. i get the screen asking me "who's watching?", but no profiles are listed. i'd really like to get this working. any thoughts? thanks.

debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=139359
Sad 
I was just trying to setup the plugin and cant seem to get it to work.
I installed chrome and the chrome launcher and then netflixbmc.
I configured it with my username and password, and launched it.
When I select My list i get the error message "Info: You are not logged in. Restart the addon!"
I restarted xbmc and still not working, and verified the password. I have profiles setup in netflix so I tried turning off the SingleUser account option and selected to show the profile selection one each start. It pops up but the list is empty, so does
NetfliXBMC work when profiles are on still or do I have to delete all the profiles in Netflix ?

I have windows 7 running on an amd machine.

I posted my xbmc.log at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=139427, but really do not see anything helpful in it
Has anyone had any luck with the "You are not logged in" issue?
I'm getting the same problem - you are not logged in, and no profiles available to choose.

I'm running via an unblock-us VPN, which others seem to say should work.
Same question for me: You are not logged in. Restart addon! Pls supply workaround.
I'm using W7, Netflixbmc and Xbmc remote....
Hey Wotsie, and anyone else interested, I found an alternative that works, at least for me. I found a windows media center hack that lets you launch xbmc from within WMC. If you haven't tried it. WMC works great for netflix. The best Media center integration I've found thus far. I use netflix from within WMC, and when I'm done I just select XBMC and it automatically closes WMC and opens XBMC up. Makes it seamless if you're using a remote. Just thought I'd offer my current workaround. Let me know if you're interested and have any quesitons.
(2014-02-27, 15:34)Rickey527 Wrote: Hey Wotsie, and anyone else interested, I found an alternative that works, at least for me. I found a windows media center hack that lets you launch xbmc from within WMC. If you haven't tried it. WMC works great for netflix. The best Media center integration I've found thus far. I use netflix from within WMC, and when I'm done I just select XBMC and it automatically closes WMC and opens XBMC up. Makes it seamless if you're using a remote. Just thought I'd offer my current workaround. Let me know if you're interested and have any quesitons.

Thanks Rickey, pls give me your WMC hack. I will report,back if it solves for my problem.
Not mine, just one I came across. I'm not sure if I can post links on here, but let's try. It's http://xbmcwmc.teknowebworks.com/ Hope it works out for you.
Thx for url. I have installed WMC XBMC integration msi, started WMC, then XBMC, but helas I can`t open Netflixbmc. Error message `you are not logged in....' is still there. That is still the main issue. Thanks for help anyway.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7