• 268(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Quote:About mouse navigation: this may be hard to fix. I will check if this happens in other skins (Nox, Ace, ...) as well. Maybe the real skinners are doing it better than me.

About screen going blank: Does it look like this? If so, I have no chance of fixing it. If not, I will need more information.

Thanks malte, you hit the nail on the head regarding the blank screen, I'll put some time into providing details as much as I can.

If there is anything additional you'd like to know about the mouse & image issue, let me know, I'll again provide what I can, thanks!
Hello

I am having issues with "Script Failed!: script.games.rom.collection.browser" error.

Windows 8.1, clean install of XBMC from official webpage. Both tried downloading Rom Collection Browser through XBMC and also install from ZIP.

Never been able to run it. Always get Script Failed! error Sad
Hello.

I have some strange bugs, but nobody else seems to have mentioned them, so I will.

When I select 'edit rom collection' from the context menu, I am taken to the edit window as expected. It defaults to the first rom collection (in my case Genesis), also as expected. However, when I try to change the rom collection to edit, all the option remain fixed on the first rom collection. Does that make sense?

Second, I have some SEGA Game Gear games showing up in my Amiga collection for some reason. Clicking on them tries to launch them with the Amiga emulator.

I am running the latest version 2.0.11 with Garbear's latest Windows test build.
HygSuperSlayer Wrote:If there is anything additional you'd like to know about the mouse & image issue, let me know, I'll again provide what I can, thanks!
I can't reproduce this issue with Confluence or Aeon Nox skin. What skin are you using?

bjornvil Wrote:I am having issues with "Script Failed!: script.games.rom.collection.browser" error.
Can you show me an xbmc.log?

Tomkun Wrote:When I select 'edit rom collection' from the context menu, I am taken to the edit window as expected. It defaults to the first rom collection (in my case Genesis), also as expected. However, when I try to change the rom collection to edit, all the option remain fixed on the first rom collection. Does that make sense?
I can reproduce this. This happens only on "Launch Games" tab. Others seem to work. I will see how to fix this.

Tomkun Wrote:Second, I have some SEGA Game Gear games showing up in my Amiga collection for some reason. Clicking on them tries to launch them with the Amiga emulator.
Always the same games or is there some variation? Can you check if they have been imported correctly?
Hi again Malte,

It seemed to be a random mix of games; I couldn't find any particular reason. Some were replacing Amiga games with the same name, but most were unrelated. I deleted the Game Gear collection and reimported it: so far everything seems OK. I'll let you know if I can reproduce the error.
However, I came across another, possible bug, but I think you are aware of it already: I know that RCB has had issues before with character encoding, for example accents, umlauts etc... These appear to be working well when they are in description fields now. However, when they are in other fields, for example:
Musician: Réné-Guy Tramis
It causes all subsequent information to be dropped.
I seem to have an issue. I went to import some SNES games and my power ended up going out a little ways through it. I can't seem to get the scraper to pick up any new games now. I even tried deleting the whole collection and re-adding. Any ideas?
Tomkun Wrote:However, I came across another, possible bug, but I think you are aware of it already: I know that RCB has had issues before with character encoding, for example accents, umlauts etc... These appear to be working well when they are in description fields now. However, when they are in other fields, for example:
Does this happen with offline scrapers? I will check if there is anything I can do. But encoding is a beast and everytime I touch it I break something else.

rjbogz Wrote:I seem to have an issue. I went to import some SNES games and my power ended up going out a little ways through it. I can't seem to get the scraper to pick up any new games now. I even tried deleting the whole collection and re-adding. Any ideas?
Can you show me a log after you tried to import games?
Hello everyone,

I managed to use RCB for many games and it works quite well! Thank you for that!
But I want to run my Steam Games from within XBMC,too.
I have tried all the ways described here in this thread and tried my luck with google. But I can't manage to start the games using the ".url" extensions...
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance
(2014-03-05, 21:14)knochentrocken Wrote: Hello everyone,

I managed to use RCB for many games and it works quite well! Thank you for that!
But I want to run my Steam Games from within XBMC,too.
I have tried all the ways described here in this thread and tried my luck with google. But I can't manage to start the games using the ".url" extensions...
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance

Honestly, I never did either. I found it just much easier to use RCB to boot into steam.exe and browse from there.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
(2014-03-05, 10:47)malte Wrote:
Tomkun Wrote:However, I came across another, possible bug, but I think you are aware of it already: I know that RCB has had issues before with character encoding, for example accents, umlauts etc... These appear to be working well when they are in description fields now. However, when they are in other fields, for example:
Does this happen with offline scrapers? I will check if there is anything I can do. But encoding is a beast and everytime I touch it I break something else.

Yes. Offline scrapers. I know you've had trouble with encoding before, so don't sweat it. Would it help if I sent you some samples?
(2014-02-28, 12:03)malte Wrote:
Tomkun Wrote:When I select 'edit rom collection' from the context menu, I am taken to the edit window as expected. It defaults to the first rom collection (in my case Genesis), also as expected. However, when I try to change the rom collection to edit, all the option remain fixed on the first rom collection. Does that make sense?
I can reproduce this. This happens only on "Launch Games" tab. Others seem to work. I will see how to fix this.
Strange. For some reason I cannot reproduce this issue anymore. Can you show me a log when this happens again to you? I will also test some more but right now it does not happen to me.
(2014-03-05, 10:47)malte Wrote:
rjbogz Wrote:I seem to have an issue. I went to import some SNES games and my power ended up going out a little ways through it. I can't seem to get the scraper to pick up any new games now. I even tried deleting the whole collection and re-adding. Any ideas?
Can you show me a log after you tried to import games?

I put the log here: http://pastebin.com/TLc6JHNE

Thank you!
(2014-03-07, 22:58)rjbogz Wrote: I put the log here: http://pastebin.com/TLc6JHNE

Thank you!
Looks like the games have been imported already and RCB won't do it again. Can you try to enable the option "Rescrape already imported games" in Addon settings?
Malte, I really want to use this plugin. I really like it. I'm a long time user of HyperSpin but want to just integrate everything into xbmc.

But the scraping is not functioning well at all. All my roms are no-intro naming standards. I tried scanning Atari 5200 in. RCB leaves so many missing fields of info like it will pick up the Manufacturer, but not the Year.

It cannot even scrape info for games like Pac-Man or DigDug for the 5200, yet if I go to MobyGames all the info is there and then some, and I copy and paste the same search command from the xbmc.log file RCB is using and paste it in my browser and it comes up with the website and game right away, but in the log is says ërror, cannot find Pac-Man (USA), or Dig Dug (USA).

I tried doing accurate/guess matching and manual and nothing works. Deleted the rom collection and rescraped everything back in. It just leaves holes of info all over the place. I'm using my own boxart and movies as well, but even when I tried using scraped artwork, so many files would be scraped but be corrupted, e.g jpeg's that were just blank and could not open in Image Viewer, and alot of boxart wouldn't be scraped but it's all there on the MobyGames.

Can you help me? I'm on the stable build of Frodo on Win 8.1 x64 btw.
New test version available: 2.0.12

List of changes:

General
  • Edit Rom Collection: workaround to update button labels with empty strings

Import Games
  • update moby scraper: reflect changes on page

Launch Games
  • add option to suspend audio before launching games
  • add option to toggle screen mode before launching games

This release should fix the mobygames scraper again. It may happen that it will break again as there are still some changes on the site.

The Edit Rom Collection fix is also meant to be a temporary one. There are some issues with deleting text in the Edit Rom Collection dialog. This is due to the behaviour of XBMCs Button Control as I posted here. I hope that this can be fixed in XBMC some day. For the time being I hope my workaround will suffice.

The new options in Launch Games have been added as some users reported issues with RCBs default behaviour. So, if you have trouble with launching games, these two options could be worth to play with.

There are still some fixes in my pipeline. I hope that there will be another release soon.

Note: I can't provide new RCB releases on Google Codes download page anymore. You should use the direct link above to download RCBs latest version or you can use RCBs repository to get latest test releases: link to repository

@trnzaddict: this release should fix you issues as well.

Previous version: 2.0.11
  • 268(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20