• 20(current)
[RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.1
I've implemented a change to optionally not show the EPG, in next release.
RTE not working is because the "swfurl" parameter is wrong. Fixed in next release.
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
I currently subscribe to Overplay to view AER tv on my ipad. I am about to install a Matricom gbox using XBMC to view IPTV and wonder how do I use this subscription on XBMC . I currently use a smart dns setting . Can this be set up on XBMC.
Version 2.0.12 released, new download url, see first post.

Update: Now available from my own repositories.

To get this version added to the official repo ASAP I would appreciate it if a couple of you could post here to let me know if it's working for you or not, and please say what OS you're using and which sections of the plugin (RTE Player, AerTV, etc) that you have tried. Thanks.

@mattybai I've added some extra debug logging that may help with your problem. Can please do a debug log with version 2.0.12?

Also can someone who uses Overplay/Smart DNS give some direction to Philmang?
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
yay my RTE is working again cheers so much for fixing it

im on frodo v12.3

did not have time to check aertv though

if I go onto the new gotham beta will this add on work with that or is it best to wait?

i noticed settings in there for bitrate on tg4 is it possible to change RTEs bitrate to give the highest quality possible aswell?
tv3 player + aertv also working fine Smile
Works fine with recent Gotham nightlies, no reason for me to think it won't work with Gotham beta.

"Piss poor" is the only bitrate available to the plugin from RTE Player. If you want better than that you'll have to use a web browser, I'm afraid.

Are you running XBMC in Windows?
(2014-03-02, 16:13)Philmang Wrote: I currently subscribe to Overplay to view AER tv on my ipad. I am about to install a Matricom gbox using XBMC to view IPTV and wonder how do I use this subscription on XBMC . I currently use a smart dns setting . Can this be set up on XBMC.

Hi Phil, I use the G Box and find it excellent. I think you are asking how to you change the DNS? If yes, then you need to do this?

Open the Settings on the device.
Select “Wi-Fi”.
Long press your current network, then select “Modify network”.
Mark “Show advanced options” check box.
Change “IP settings” to “Static”
Add the DNS servers IPs to the “DNS 1”, and “DNS 2” fields.
Press “Save” button, disconnect from the network, and reconnect for changes to take effect.

So just to reiterate, you need to make the DNS change to your G Midnight box, you cannot do this in XBMC. Hope this helps and thank you Mossy once again for the great add on and keeping it up to date.

Phil, if you need anything else, let me know? I will check back on here later.
I'm now in a position where I can add the AerTV Plus channels for subscribers but I need someone's login details in order to write the code.

If niallb or anyone else with an AerTV subscription is willing to give me their login details I can go ahead with that.

Similarly if anyone with Magnet broadband can give me their AerTV login details I can see about adding the Platinum channels for Magnet customers (verify first that you can get e.g. Comedy Central, in a browser on aertv)
(2014-03-05, 19:38)Mossy Wrote: Version 2.0.12 released, new download url, see first post.

Update: Now available from my own repositories.

To get this version added to the official repo ASAP I would appreciate it if a couple of you could post here to let me know if it's working for you or not, and please say what OS you're using and which sections of the plugin (RTE Player, AerTV, etc) that you have tried. Thanks.

@mattybai I've added some extra debug logging that may help with your problem. Can please do a debug log with version 2.0.12?

Also can someone who uses Overplay/Smart DNS give some direction to Philmang?

Thanks I'll give it a try Smile
OSX 10.9.2, XBMC Frodo 12.3. Plugin updated to 2.0.13

RTE:
All sections work with some errors in the Live stream section.
Checked individually; Search, Latest, Categories, Most Popular, A-Z, Classics, Live
RTE1 worked consistently in live stream.
RTE2 about 7 times out of 10, and the remaining channels not at all.
Streaming failed around this point. I can put up full logs tomorrow.

11:14:34 T:2958258176 DEBUG: Open - probing detected format [flv]
11:14:34 T:2958258176 DEBUG: ffmpeg[B0537000]: [flv] Broken FLV file, which says no streams present, this might fail
11:14:34 T:2958258176 DEBUG: Open - avformat_find_stream_info starting
11:14:34 T:2958258176 DEBUG: ffmpeg[B0537000]: [flv] decoding for stream 0 failed
11:14:34 T:2958258176 DEBUG: ffmpeg[B0537000]: [flv] Could not find codec parameters (Video: none)
11:14:34 T:2958258176 DEBUG: ffmpeg[B0537000]: [flv] decoding for stream 1 failed
11:14:34 T:2958258176 DEBUG: ffmpeg[B0537000]: [flv] Could not find codec parameters (Audio: none, 0 channels)
11:14:34 T:2958258176 DEBUG: ffmpeg[B0537000]: [flv] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
11:14:34 T:2958258176 WARNING: could not find codec parameters for rtmp://fmsod.rte.ie/live/ app=live playpath=newsnow swfurl=http://www.rte.ie/static/player/swf/osmf2_2013_06_25b.swf swfvfy=true live=true
11:14:34 T:2958258176 ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

A succesful play logged:
11:17:31 T:2711818664 DEBUG: Building didl for object 'rtmp://fmsod.rte.ie/live/ app=live playpath=rte1 swfurl=http://www.rte.ie/static/player/swf/osmf2_2013_06_25b.swf swfvfy=true live=true'

TV3:
All search and categories seem to work well.

AerTV:
All channels stream successfully. Attempting to fastforward or rewind within the livestream locked up XBMC.

TG4:
Search, Latest, Categories, Popular worked well.
Live failed with an error at this time - Item said (Now:Unknown, Next 11:00 Scannán: Flight of the Doves] even though it was already well past 11.
11:39:22 T:2967379968 ERROR: ShowEpisode : 'Error playing or downloading episode 2538842141001, TG4 Beo Ireland'
I can post a log after a more comprehensive run when it's not St Patrick's Day.

I also updated a raspberry pi running openelec 3.2.4 to plugin 2.0.13 and watched a live aertv stream until I pressed down arrow on the remote at which point it seized up.
I have purchased codecs on the device, and picture quality was excellent.
For Beautiful rock. Thank you for the advice on the DNS settings . I have followed your directions and set the DNS servers on the WIFI network as described. This allows me to us AERTV when using the WiFi connection . My question now is can I also configure the box to work over the ethernet hardwired connection . It works fine now with WIFI but not with the hardwired option. I have tried to set the Smart DNS address in the Ethernet setup but it will not accept the address. Any Ideas is this possible to do. Than you once again.
(2014-03-19, 23:55)Philmang Wrote: For Beautiful rock. Thank you for the advice on the DNS settings . I have followed your directions and set the DNS servers on the WIFI network as described. This allows me to us AERTV when using the WiFi connection . My question now is can I also configure the box to work over the ethernet hardwired connection . It works fine now with WIFI but not with the hardwired option. I have tried to set the Smart DNS address in the Ethernet setup but it will not accept the address. Any Ideas is this possible to do. Than you once again.

No problem, glad to help as I have been helped myself many times on here. I have not done the hard wire connection but would suggest the best way to do that would be to change your DNS settings, to the smart DNS, on your router. The website has a tutorial if you are not sure how to do this.

Am wondering how much better is the wired solution versus wifi on the gbox? Is there a noticeable difference?
:edit: Never mind! Wink
AerTV Wrote:Aertv is changing. Account holders will now be limited to 10 minutes of free TV per day on all devices. To access our full uninterrupted service, please sign up to Aertv Plus

This change renders the AerTV section almost useless right now. Thanks to niallb I can add AerTV Plus channels for AerTV Plus subscribers, will make a new release when this is ready.
AerTV still working fine through the addon this morning. The website is a different story however. Why not just leave things as they are and "forget" to remove the channels?
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.17