• 147(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
(2014-03-04, 11:20)fritsch Wrote: Those clicks appear, when your video clock and audio clock go into different directions or when the audio sink is too slow (logfile will tell). If you for example play 23.97 fps at 60 hz it's quite bad for passthrough. When you really want this, set the sync method to "Audio Clock".

xbmc can decode every format, despite DTS-HD Master audio, here the DTS core is decoded and you get a 5.1 pcm signal.

I need:
xbmc.log (with debugging)
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr | pastebinit
Here's an example of audio problems with DTSHD-MA passthrough. I turned off 'sync playback to display', enabled passthrough for DTS and DTS-HD (only), and started "Monster's University" with a DTSHD-MA 7.1 track. Result was a lot of clicks.
xbmc.log
xrandr.out
Quote:The best experience concerning audio _and_ video and sync, when refreshrate does not match video fps, you get is: Video Clock with method resample audio. This will of course only work, when passthrough is disabled.
Maybe the settings for 'sync playback' and 'sync method' should apply only to decoded audio? The UI doesn't give me any indication that there could be problems with some of the settings for passthrough.
In this particular case, however, the syncing should have been disabled.
Settings are currently reworked and description is adjusted. Remember: Those are "advanced settings" out of a good reason.

Quote:DEBUG: Resolution HDMI-0: 1920x1080 @ 50.00Hz (18) not a very good match for fps 23.976 (weight: 0.043), trying 2:3 cadence

This can't work, really.

Despite that:
Quote:DEBUG: UPnP: Building didl for object '/auto/media/Videos/Movies/Monsters University (2013) - EN,DE - 1080p DTSHD-MA.mkv'

Do you have a network problem?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-03-04, 20:43)fritsch Wrote: Then disable at least "Sync Playback to Display" completely ...

I disabled "Sync Playback to Display" but this doesn't help.

I went back to my original settings.
Paththrough on, except DTS-HD and Dolby-True-HD, 60Hz

I have "played" a long time with different setting, but think my (and arkadi's) problem cannot be solved by configuration.
There is a bug somewhere in the software (Linux-Kernel, Mesa-driver, XBMC, ...) but I don't know where.
It is not the hardware configuration; I had installed (for testing) Windows 8.1 with AMD driver and XBMC 13
and DTS-HD and Dolby-True-HD worked fine.
(2014-03-05, 10:31)fritsch Wrote: Settings are currently reworked and description is adjusted. Remember: Those are "advanced settings" out of a good reason.

Quote:DEBUG: Resolution HDMI-0: 1920x1080 @ 50.00Hz (18) not a very good match for fps 23.976 (weight: 0.043), trying 2:3 cadence

This can't work, really.
hmm, I am almost certain I saw "60Hz" on my receiver. This is what I set the resolution to in the settings.
the very next line in the log says:
Quote:22:55:05 T:139949336676096 NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : HDMI-0: 1920x1080 @ 59.94Hz (19) (weight: 0.000)
Not sure what that means, and what the result actually was. My projector cannot do 24Hz, so I let the player (BluRay, Dreambox, or xbmc) convert that to 50-60Hz.
Quote:Despite that:
Quote:DEBUG: UPnP: Building didl for object '/auto/media/Videos/Movies/Monsters University (2013) - EN,DE - 1080p DTSHD-MA.mkv'
Do you have a network problem?
Not that I noticed. I don't actually use upnp. Let me disable the xbmc media renderer and test again.The movies are mounted via nfs from a NAS.
(2014-03-01, 23:36)fritsch Wrote: Force it to another resolution - but you can do that yourself. We are spamming 100 of thousands of people that use that thread :-)

try to change the refreshrate after it came up like this.

You can do the rest alone, I am sure.

so... out of curiosity i installed a cheap discrete Radeon HD6450 card (based on Caicos chip) and completely disabled the SUMO integrated graphics from my APU. that immediately fixed both problems i was having (one of which i erroneously thought was caused by my TV).

1) first problem was of course the TV detection issue you helped me with the other day. now i'm able to power on the PC and TV in whatever order and i always get a working video output. no "no signal" and no corrupted image.

2) with the integrated SUMO graphic i was getting some severe jerkiness (not sure how to call it: it was like some severe framerate drops that lasted 5 seconds or so and repeated regularly, despite codecinfo window never showing anything wrong) when playing my own 23.976 fps encoded blu-ray rips at 23.97608 Hz (confirmed by xbmc-xrandr). i had to force a 24.0000 Hz output through advancedsettings.xml for 23.976 fps encoded videos otherwise they were totally unwatchable. this after trying every possible setting combination inside XBMC.
i thought it was caused by my TV but now, using the HD6450, they play just fine at 23.97608 Hz (according to xbmc-xrandr)... smoooooth and all.

could these be considered bugs in the radeon driver specific to the SUMO platform? i would report them but i'm not sure where and more importantly what kind of log to provide, especially for the second one.

tia Smile
Looks like that -> bugs.freedesktop.org
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Is any of the ppa's going to follow the beta series of gotham or is that the mainline ppa's only? All the others go straight ahead towards 14 alpha?
(2014-03-06, 08:53)laric Wrote: Is any of the ppa's going to follow the beta series of gotham or is that the mainline ppa's only? All the others go straight ahead towards 14 alpha?

team xbmc unstable ppa has the beta(s)
never mind.
Switched my PPA over to team-xbmc/unstable and upgraded to 13 Beta. So far so good, only change I had to make was re-enable system keys during full screen to allow me to switch over to desktop 2.

Still running the stock 13.10 kernels though.
update to the openSUSE howto here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1546145

##### Recent CHANGES ######
- switched to gotham git branch for xbmc 13 beta
- if you need temporal de-interlacing you might not want to switch from 13.1 to tumbleweed. Some users reported it does not work anymore.
######################
Fusion E-350, 4 GB RAM, SSD, openSUSE Tumbleweed 64bit KDE, Mesa-10.2.3, latest stable Kernel, XBMC FernetMenta-Git
Hello, I have 2 issues with xbmc. First : if I try to used vdpau xbmc crashed.
http://pastebin.com/P4zd7Lh4
Code:
glxinfo | grep vdpau
    GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_NV_vdpau_interop,
    GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_NV_vdpau_interop,
I am using a debian sid with experimental package (for mesa). It was working with a previous alpha of xbmc. But when I tried a new one, I had several issue. So I updated everything go to the beta and tadam.
I think there is something missing in my mesa package because IIRC, when I installed the mesa 10.0.2 for the previous gotham I had to rebuild mesa package to have a missing library. But I don't remember which one.

Also, I have a tearing issue when I'm playing some video file :
http://pastebin.com/5Wc7tcvr
I think the issue is not inside xbmc (I did not have any tearing with a previous gotham alpha) but rather in the radeon driver/configuration. But I don't know what to check :/ adding the option EXAVSync to my xorg disminish the tearing but it is still present and sometime, xbmc crash :/

Thanks in advance Smile
Xorg 1.15? Provide xorg.0.log - smells like backing store issue.
hi fritsch,

yesterday i've updated to the 14.04 and as i've read everything regarding this topic should work now out of the box. in my case it doesn't ;-) can you please check my logs to see what i've done wrong

thank you

dmesg - http://paste.ubuntu.com/7054651/
xbmc.log - http://paste.ubuntu.com/7054653/
Xorg.0.log - http://paste.ubuntu.com/7054657/
mesa - http://paste.ubuntu.com/7054669/

vdpauinfo
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error creating VDPAU device: 1

EDIT:
i've fixed it installing additional packages
Here is the Xorg.log : http://pastebin.com/VvuXXk07

I don't know which update went wrong between january and now :/
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26