• 51(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Edit: @Gymnae
Only XBMC builds from me, this needs to be adressed on the OS level.
Hopefully Sam will provide an update shortly, you could post in the Raspbmc forum to make sure it is not missed.
(2014-03-07, 08:30)miappa Wrote: @Mafarricos
Don´t know uf you missed the talk regarding the 'hibernate' function, try the absolute last build (xbmc-13-20140306-nc3b), it should work better.

Thanks miappa, when I posted I didn't saw the new post (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1645514)
Tapatalk didn't updated the thread when I posted Wink

I will update that one, and report if I see any problem.
@Atinkler
The absolute last build from last night has the hibernate commits removed, so install that one.
Will do - cheers

On a side note, I've did a manual TAR backup of my .xbmc folder end of Jan and have now used it following this latest crash.. but my Pi is crawling through library scans and also library navigation.

Do you think this would have anything to do with incompatibility?

I also deleted all the databases, thumbnails and texture db so could it be caching and will speed up?

Any thoughts?

I'm starting to wonder if the USB install is worth it now with the new file system.. my SD install on my 256 pi is faster and seems more stable than my USB install on my 516 pi.... and it is a good 3.0 USB stick
I am not sure I understand, but see to that you have "Extract thumbnail and video information" disabled.
And re-caching will certainly speed things up if it is not already cached. I recommend MilhousVH Texture Cache Maintenance utility.

A fast USB stick will probably still be the fastest option, but all my SD cards are faster than my sticks (USB3) so I personally don´t use USB installs at the moment.
Yes have that disabled... but my navigation and scanning was crawling along last night following my manual installation of an old .xbmc backup - I was just wondering if that old copy of the .xbmc folder would have caused any conflicts which would have made my pi slow.

I'm starting to think I need to have a go without the USB for a while

One last question - the SD install .xbmc back up much much smaller than the USB folder (don't have exact sizes to hand but I think the USB is MB while the SD is KB in size) .. any idea why it would be so different? I'm wondering if something odd is going on there.
.xbmc contains the userdata, so you can easily check why it´s smaller.
Addons and thumbnails is the ones that most of the time are the biggest folders.
Databases can also be quite big, and addon_data as well depending on what addon one uses (for example, if you use artwork organizer this is the default place it will store extracted fanart etc.).
The rest should be quite small as it is mostly xml files.

If the thumbnail folder is smaller/bigger it might be that everything is not cached, but could also be that a lot of art and thumbnails from addons etc. is cached/not chached.

It all depends on the setup and the usage.
Ah yes maybe the add ons could be the issue .. the databases are from the same sources so should be the same but the addons are different on each pi so that would make the most sense.

Cheers
(2014-03-07, 12:05)Gymnae Wrote: I have a HifiBerry DAC (not Digi) and also the same probs as ElectricPim, a module is missing:
bcm2708_dmaengine
Which kernel do you use?
Code:
uname -a
You can do an rpi-update, which will bring you to (raspbmc 3.10.32+) which offers working support for the HifiBerry in aplay and mpd.
It doesn't show up in XBMC though.
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-update

Be aware I have visual glitches in all video playback (DVDPlayer) with the new kernel

@miappa
Code:
aplay -L
iec958:CARD=DAC,DEV=0
    USB Audio DAC, USB Audio
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry
    snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac,
    Default Audio Device

I'm not sure f XBMC only enumerates audio devices on type DAC, because the HifiBerry is not a DAC but a `sndrpihifiberry` or a `snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac` Wink

Code:
aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: DAC [USB Audio DAC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac], device 0: HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0 []
(2014-03-06, 21:02)popcornmix Wrote: Even if you don't have a hifiberry, you can add snd-bcm2835 to /etc/modules and that should show up (and be usable).
I've tried that with Miappa's latest 6/3 build (super nightly Wink wow ). Not showing.
It is listed in aplay, but is not in XBMC nor in the xbmc.logs
I have Hifiberry working in XBMC!

Simply paste in gui-settings manually
Code:
<audiodevice>ALSA:sysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry</audiodevice>
Wink
Nice one, very good.
Still a bit stumped that you cannot choose it in GUI though. If anybody has an idea let me know.
(2014-03-07, 18:26)ElectricPim Wrote:
Code:
aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: DAC [USB Audio DAC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
card 1: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac], device 0: HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0 []

What's the other ALSA device? Does unplugging that make a difference?
(2014-03-07, 19:51)popcornmix Wrote: What's the other ALSA device? Does unplugging that make a difference?
An USB DAC,
Well unplugging makes it disappear, but no other devices show up.
The DAC doesn't show up when it's playing for MPD at the moment XBMC starts...,

The manual hack stops working/is overwritten at the moment you open up `settings` in system, so it's quirky.
(2014-03-07, 20:04)ElectricPim Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 19:51)popcornmix Wrote: What's the other ALSA device? Does unplugging that make a difference?
An USB DAC,
Well unplugging makes it disappear, but no other devices show up.
The DAC doesn't show up when it's playing for MPD at the moment XBMC starts...,

The manual hack stops working/is overwritten at the moment you open up `settings` in system, so it's quirky.

Try putting it in advancedsettings.xml it shouldn't be overwritten there
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15