• 43(current)
SortTV: Sort TV episodes, movies, and music into directories for xbmc (Linux/Win/Mac)
Yet another thing I've found: for films that are split on multiple files, matching doesn't work. Example:
Hubal.CD1.avi
Hubal.CD2.avi

Is not found - single file, Hubal.avi is processed without any problem.

Mind you, this is not a series - it's merely single movie split to fit on CDs.
(2012-01-03, 22:38)Solo0815 Wrote: For all who had issues with installing it on Debian Squeeze, try this:
Code:
apt-get install make build-essential libxml-sax-expat-perl
cpan File::Copy::Recursive File::Glob LWP::Simple TVDB::API Getopt::Long Switch WWW::TheMovieDB::Search XML::Simple
perl -MXML::SAX -e "XML::SAX->add_parser(q(XML::SAX::Expat))->save_parsers()"
This helped me to get this running without error.
Thanks for this, this fixed issues I was having getting sorttv running on a fresh ubuntu install
Is there any way this script could use MPAA ratings as a rename option? I am trying to set up a form of parental controls by creating folders based on MPAA ratings (so /PG13/moviename (year)/moviename.mkv etc...) and only adding the appropriate folders to each user's library. Would love to automate this with sorttv
Hello,
thanks for the script but i can't find to make it work. I'm pretty new to the linux world Sad
When i launch
Code:
perl sorttv.pl
I get
Code:
Can't locate WWW/TheMovieDB.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at sorttv.pl line 55.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at sorttv.pl line 55.

Thanks.
would there be a way to run this on a QNAP TS-421 in conjunction with transmission?

here is a link to the model http://www.qnap.com/en/index.php?lang=en...=18377&g=2

thanks!
(2014-03-09, 13:42)crampi Wrote: Hello,
thanks for the script but i can't find to make it work. I'm pretty new to the linux world Sad
When i launch
Code:
perl sorttv.pl
I get
Code:
Can't locate WWW/TheMovieDB.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at sorttv.pl line 55.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at sorttv.pl line 55.

Thanks.

You need to install the perl modules...what distro are you on?
I'm on xubuntu. I thought i had perl modules installed but then again, i'm a noob. How do i install it ?

Edit: I did it ! Just googled "install perl modules" and it worked !

Thanks for the answers.
Big Grin 
Hi folks,

SortTV 1.37 is now available.

Changes since 1.36:
  • --dir-permissions=[octal], thanks to Nicolas Leclercq for code
    Set permissions on new created directories (octal format : 0775)
    If no specified, uses system defined umask
    Nocolas submitted the code via the sourceforge fork and pull request (which worked well as a way of submitting code)
  • [RATING] can be used in movie naming, thanks to Justin Metheny for code
    Means you can sort movies based on MPAA rating, either within the filename or sort into separate folders for ratings
  • hints for installing on Debian in README, thanks Solo0815
  • --xbmc-remote-control-port configuration
    port number for the new xbmc communication
    You probably want to set this to "9090", if that doesn't work, try "80"
  • improved movie regexp to avoid year=1080
  • check for updates, includes a failure message if the result returned does not include a valid version
    This addresses a bug caused by the sourceforge update. If you are on an older version of SortTV it may not have detected that a new version was available

Download SortTV 1.37 from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sorttv/

Enjoy!
Thanks very much for this wonderful tool. My library looks better and my time is saved.

I was digging through the documentation, but I couldn't find anything related to documentaries. Currently they are treated as miscellaneous, but I'd like for them to go to a folder called "Documentaries".

Would/is this possible? I did a quick search on Google and this thread but didn't see a way to set that up.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

Justin
I have a question about updating the XBMC library.

I have set the "xbmc-remote-control" AND "xbmc-remote-control-port" properties with my XBMC IP address and it's port number.

When I run SORTTV I see all the "new" sorted files in XBMC, BUT only in the "file" section. My TV-Shows library and Movies library are not updated.

Only after I run this commend:
Code:
curl --data-binary '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.Scan", "id": "mybash"}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://localhost:9191/jsonrpc

I see only the new files in my "TV-Shows" and "Movies" libraries.

Is it the correct behavior or am I don't anything wrong?
Hi

I'm having some problems with sorttv on mac maverick.
When i type in the perl command in terminal, it outputs that the files are being moved.
example:
: sorting /Volumes/TV Serier/Nedlastingar/Family.Guy.S12E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE.mkv to /Volumes/TV Serier/TV Serier/Family Guy/season 12/Family.Guy.S12E15.720p.HDTV.x264-REMARKABLE.mkv

No error message is shown after it have sorted the files, but when i look in my download folder, non of the episodes have been moved from the download folder.

Anybody have a solution?
hi,

got a problem when sorting and renaming !

when renaming the show and create folders it pics up AVCHD which is not part of the show name

i got my config file and it looks like this where i rename the tv

rename-tv-format=[SHOW_NAME].[EP1][EP_NAME2]

DRYRUN MOVE EPISODE: sorting /mnt/unsorted/Sherlock.S01-S03.720p.BluRay.x264-XXX/Season.1/Sherlock.S01E03.720p.BluRay.x264-AVCHD/avchd-sherlock.s01e03.720p.bluray.x264.mkv --to--> /mnt/unsorted/tv/avchd sherlock/Season.01/avchd sherlock.S01E03.mkv

any ideas what this could be ?
I would like to see some additional features.

After running SortTV, I am left with a lot of folders with unwanted contents, sample files and releaser notes.

I would like SortTV to firstly delete all video files with the word 'sample' in the file name.

then perform a deletion of all folders with size < 500kb, excluding any folders with programs in it, exe or dll files.
thydzik,
for the sample and such look around row 80 in the sorttv.conf file and add something similar to the following
delete:*.nfo
delete:*.txt
delete:*.jpg
delete=*sample*

the second part I'm not sure, but look through the config file and maybe you find something.
If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)
(2014-05-23, 07:57)Fox Wrote: thydzik,
for the sample and such look around row 80 in the sorttv.conf file and add something similar to the following
delete:*.nfo
delete:*.txt
delete:*.jpg
delete=*sample*

thanks, will this delete all occurrence of these files or only these files located in folders that it found movies?
I run SortTV on my downloads folder, which may include software downloads.

I did put together a VB script that does what I am after;
  1. delete all *sample* files with video filetype (this reduces most of the empty movie folders to under 500kB)
  2. find all folders that doesn't have dll or exe files
  3. delete any of these folders under 500kB

http://thydzik.com/downloads/clean-empty-folders-v1.vbs

(run at own risk)
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SortTV: Sort TV episodes, movies, and music into directories for xbmc (Linux/Win/Mac)8