• 9(current)
Mod reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)
(2014-03-09, 05:52)fatal. Wrote: Although I don't use the Rasp Pi I updated to this skin since I use Refocus Big (reAlaska dark theme) and that skin currently does not work with Gotham.
What distribution/release are you using and what doesn't work? I'm running Gotham using MilhouseVH's OpenELEC builds from the test thread on here and it works great.
(2014-03-09, 13:41)spjonez Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 05:52)fatal. Wrote: Although I don't use the Rasp Pi I updated to this skin since I use Refocus Big (reAlaska dark theme) and that skin currently does not work with Gotham.
What distribution/release are you using and what doesn't work? I'm running Gotham using MilhouseVH's OpenELEC builds from the test thread on here and it works great.

for me as well using XBian 1.0 RC1 (latest Gotham nightly). I also received positive feedback from Android users.

(2014-03-09, 05:52)fatal. Wrote: 1. OSD options, can you bring back the options that were in the original Reforcus Big, when pausing I would like to see the poster/info etc.
2. On the home menu, pressing left using the remote brings up a popup window with some options (resume/suspend etc), is there a way to disable that? (don't remember if that was on the original skin or not)
3. Pressing Enter/OK on Music on the home screen takes you to options to select genres/artists/albums/songs/years/etc...but pressing Right on the remote takes you to the sub-menu...is it possible to take you to the sub-menu when pressing Enter on the Music item on the home screen instead of pressing right? Or an option to directly enter the Albums?
4. Under Customize home menu -> Settings the only option that has any effect is "[be careful!] hide system menu", checking/unchecking the other options don't hide/show anything.
5. Scrolling tv series/episodes and albums is very jerky (using Slide viewtype), although movies scroll fine, not jerky. I have smooth scrolling enabled in settings (if in any way it is related to this)

1. the OSD Poster option will be added back to the skin very soon.
2. intentional feature which replaced the Global Search Add-on.
3. you have to edit the skin manually if you want this. I'm sorry but I can't approve every request. I think there is as much freedom as possible, when you press right you can launch into different Music sub-directories.
4. You mean out of the approx. 50+ different options under "Customize home menu" only 1 is working?? honestly, not for me and many other users. (corrupted guisettings.xml?)
5. can anybody else confirm that scrolling tv shows stutters and movies are fine?
the "smooth scrolling" feature isn't the best currently, I have to admit, because it was directly taken from reFocus BIG and adds even more animations... so it's better to leave it disabled. I'll look into it and provide an update soon.

as always: If you have problems with the skin I need your system type/version, XBMC version and skin revision (+ sometimes a logfile). otherwise I can't help you because I haven't got my crystal ball yet..

(2014-03-08, 18:58)Appletalk Wrote: I am running OpenELEC 4.0 Beta 1, which includes XBMC 13 Beta 1. The skin I downloaded and installed yesterday, so it should be current.

Even more strange, I seem to only experience this (black screen) issue while I was doing the initial RPi setup on my 4:3 monitor @ 1280x1024. When I migrated the device to my 1080p TV it seems to boot fine no black screen or issues across a couple reboots.

looks like your 4:3 monitor doesn't report a valid EDID/display data to your Raspberry Pi so maybe it can't select a valid screen resolution or something like that. it was connected using a HDMI-DVI-adaptor, right? I'm glad it does work on your TV though Smile
you should take a look at the RPiconfig page the next you have a similar issue. I also had to add a few settings to my config.txt in order to get 1080p GUI on my Raspberry Pi.
I'll answer your PM later today, mate!
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
I use the slide view type on all screens (other than the home screen obviously) and I can say that it is as smooth as butter running on my Pivos....forward/back it doesn't matter it scrolls very smoothly while looking through my TV shows.
Sent two more pull requests, mostly bugfixes in the original skin but I also replaced the busy indicator with an animated gif: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14492

It doesn't look quite as nice but makes opening files noticabely faster. 70% CPU to animate a static image is crazy!
(2014-03-09, 14:03)freem@n Wrote: 5. can anybody else confirm that scrolling tv shows stutters and movies are fine?

I run on an ancient laptop and use XBMC for my daughter to watch shows and movies while I fart around on the internet, this is the first skin in forever that lets me do this and actually play games without my framerate being utterly mongled.

It runs so well my XBMC is hitting vsync cap while browsing menus all day everyday.
(2014-03-10, 00:26)st0nedpenguin Wrote: I run on an ancient laptop and use XBMC for my daughter to watch shows and movies while I fart around on the internet, this is the first skin in forever that lets me do this and actually play games without my framerate being utterly mongled.

It runs so well my XBMC is hitting vsync cap while browsing menus all day everyday.

Special thanks to spjonez for the last Pull request which includes a bunch of fixes for invalid includes from the original reFocus BIG skin and a new "busy" dialog (.gif instead of animation). everything is merged now.
however I'm not sure if the "busy" animation will stay as it currently is because the spinning busy wheel looks kind of broken on my Raspberry Pi due to the low fps of the gif... obviously increasing the fps of the gif is not an option because this would increase CPU load again. so I was thinking of replacing the spinning busy wheel with something else... ;-) I'll send you my mockup tomorrow which should decrease loading times even more.
(2014-03-09, 13:41)spjonez Wrote: What distribution/release are you using and what doesn't work? I'm running Gotham using MilhouseVH's OpenELEC builds from the test thread on here and it works great.

I'm using OpenELEC 3.95.1 Generic. When I go to "Salems Repository" for Refocus Big I get "add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met". I've also tried the Gotham version available here and even though it install and I can change the skin, as soon as I go to the home screen I get into a constant reboot cycle with XBMC, it just keeps restarting, black x, restart, black x etc.

The last lines in the log is as follows, and then xbmc restarts:
Code:
02:17:25 T:140149264369536   ERROR: Unmatched ]
02:17:25 T:140149264369536   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression [Container(9000).HasFocus(9) | Container(9000).HasFocus(10)]] + !Skin.HasSetting(home.widgets.noanimations)
02:17:25 T:140149264369536   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window musicscan
02:17:25 T:140149264369536 WARNING: Label Formating: $VAR[value_mainmenubg_settings] is not defined

################################################################################
# ... output of cat /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
# OpenELEC release: Generic.x86_64-3.95.1
#
################################################################################

(2014-03-09, 14:03)freem@n Wrote: 1. the OSD Poster option will be added back to the skin very soon.
2. intentional feature which replaced the Global Search Add-on.
3. you have to edit the skin manually if you want this. I'm sorry but I can't approve every request. I think there is as much freedom as possible, when you press right you can launch into different Music sub-directories.
4. You mean out of the approx. 50+ different options under "Customize home menu" only 1 is working?? honestly, not for me and many other users. (corrupted guisettings.xml?)
5. can anybody else confirm that scrolling tv shows stutters and movies are fine?
the "smooth scrolling" feature isn't the best currently, I have to admit, because it was directly taken from reFocus BIG and adds even more animations... so it's better to leave it disabled. I'll look into it and provide an update soon.

as always: If you have problems with the skin I need your system type/version, XBMC version and skin revision (+ sometimes a logfile). otherwise I can't help you because I haven't got my crystal ball yet..

4. No, I mean just under Customize Home Menu, then Selecting settings...there's 4-5 options on that screen, only the first one ("[be careful!] hide system menu") has any effect, the other ones do not hide if you check them.

Thanks
The reboots/black screens are caused by one of two things, a bad guisettings.xml (invalid video res) or an optimization on conditions. The PR for conditions is here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3677

You linked to RefocusBig not Refocus Light. On the first page of this thread there are links to Frodo and Gotham releases, download the Gotham release and delete your guisettings.xml. I fixed all but one of these bugs. The remaining one doesn't crash my box but I haven't figured out how to fix it yet either. The error points to a condition that is used ~20 times in the file and it doesn't print a line number so it may take me a while to figure out which one is actually the problem.
Updated Gotham Branch v0.90.4

Changelog since v0.90.3 (11 days ago):
  • removed background opacity option
  • removed home vignette option
    → should improve overall speed and smoothness
  • fixed bracket mismatch & missing includes
    → special thanks to spjonez!
  • additional adaptations for gotham + minor fixes

• all new busy dialog (inspired by BigNoid)

the spinning "busy circle" animation which caused high CPU load was replaced by a "Working..." label which updates only once a second. this should decrease loading times and doesn't look too slow or broken compared to the gif spinner.

(2014-03-12, 04:03)fatal. Wrote: 4. No, I mean just under Customize Home Menu, then Selecting settings...there's 4-5 options on that screen, only the first one ("[be careful!] hide system menu") has any effect, the other ones do not hide if you check them.

thanks for reporting...these options were gone out of use indeed, so I removed them.
The latest version is running so smooth!

Thanks for the work.....I like the new "working..." dialog it looks really nice.

I have found (at least) one place where the capitalization of the first letting isn't working. When I go to the "programs" menu under addons the "P" is in lower case. I will look around for more cases but I wanted to let you know so you can polish this amazing skin fully.

Thanks again.
(2014-03-16, 03:22)Scott00007 Wrote: I have found (at least) one place where the capitalization of the first letting isn't working. When I go to the "programs" menu under addons the "P" is in lower case. I will look around for more cases but I wanted to let you know so you can polish this amazing skin fully.

do you mean this?

because it looks fine on my system...
I meant the next menu after you click on the "Programs" that you are high-lighting in your pic. The screen that shows that addon's like XBMC Backup, artwork downloader ect.
(2014-03-18, 03:49)Scott00007 Wrote: I meant the next menu after you click on the "Programs" that you are high-lighting in your pic. The screen that shows that addon's like XBMC Backup, artwork downloader ect.

oh, you mean the window title. this is a bug indeed, but it has nothing to do with the capitalization option inside the skin settings. in fact window titles should always be capitalized. --> it has been fixed now on the gotham branch

quick announcement:

the Frodo branch is no longer maintained regularly as I'm focusing on the upcoming Gotham release. You may want to switch to the latest XBMC Gotham Beta 2 which was released yesterday, because there are already a lot of improvements that are only available through the Gotham branch of the skin (not mentioning the improvements for the Raspberry Pi in Gotham itself).
I updated the .xml file and everything is looking great! Thanks for the work.
Wow this is the most awesome skin. Nothing works in a TV more than this. Runs pretty good on a RPi too. Just wow
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)8