• 34(current)
Linux HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon)
(2014-03-09, 10:34)Ipaddle Wrote: Ok, switched to Gotham (Openelec 3.95.1) and got makemkv addon for Gotham. Still using the original makemkvbluray addon and is still playing my BD's. Smile

It doesn't work for me.

I installed makemkv from unoffocial repo and makemkvbluray-master from here (I also tried the old version, still no luck though)
(2014-03-09, 19:22)doucettom Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 10:34)Ipaddle Wrote: Ok, switched to Gotham (Openelec 3.95.1) and got makemkv addon for Gotham. Still using the original makemkvbluray addon and is still playing my BD's. Smile

It doesn't work for me.

I installed makemkv from unoffocial repo and makemkvbluray-master from here (I also tried the old version, still no luck though)
Remember making the settings.conf file in the .makeMKV (or .MakeMKV - can not remember now) directory? You will need the updated beta key.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
Sorry if this is constantly asked. I have been reading through the forums for the past 2 hours (so feel free to make fun of me if it is an easy find/I'm blind), but how do I set this up for Windows 7 64bit, is there a tutorial/link? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried the lifehacker explanation to no avail. I have also been trying to pieces together 3 different instruction sets with no success. Please help direct me. Thanks
Anybody?
I've just switched to linux, but prior to that i had this setup running on a windows 7 64 bit system by using the lifehacker way. Where is it in the guide you get triped up?
(2014-01-26, 16:01)X-dark Wrote: For those interested, you can grab a Gotham compatible release here: https://github.com/X-dark/plugin.makemkvbluray/releases
I have only bumped the Python API requirement. If you experience anything that was working with Frodo and no more working with Gotham, please let me know.

I will try to do some cleanup as well and look if it is possible to push this to an addon repository.

I am running Gotham 13 on Windows 7. I have the latest version of MakeMKV installed and it is working perfectly on its own. I installed the plugin.makemkvbluray.zip (latest version from your link) and go to setup and locate the MakeMKVcon for 64bit, as I run Windows 64. I then click on the Blu-Ray Player with MakeMKV addon and all that it shows is "Play File Location", "Brows File Location" and "Settings", there is no play disc option. With a Blue-Ray disc inserted in the drive I do get the Play Disc botton on the main menu, but when I click it, it does nothing but spin up the drive for a bit. When XBMC starts I also see the error of "The MakeMKV addon can not find MakeMKV. Please configure the plugin to point a it". I tried to set it to point at it using both the normal and 64 bit MKVcon.exe, but nothing works. I don't know what is wrong.
doucettom: I had the same Issue (same error messages in the xbmc log).

In my case makemkvcon was looking for the .Makemkv in the homedirectory. Xbmc is running makemkvcon as the linux user "xbmc" so I looked in the the /etc/passwd file:

xbmc:x:999:420::/var/lib/xbmc:/bin/bash

maybe it's enough to copy the .MakeMKV directory to your xbmc home directory mentioned in your /etc/passwd file.

Another way (which I chose) to ensure that the makemkv config files are created in the righ place:

-enable X11 forwarding on your xbmc
-set a password for xbmc user
-login from another linux host to your xbmc: ssh -X xbmc@xbmchost makemkv.
-the MakeMKV gui appears
-register MakeMKV with the betakey
-now every config file should be at the right place
Can not install plugin.makemkvbluray.zip

Which version did you try?
New small bugfix release: https://github.com/X-dark/plugin.makemkv.../1.1.3.zip
Thanks to ac3d912
https://launchpad.net/~xbmc/+archive/xbmch
On my machine (Zotac IONITX-P-E) Debian Testing it is
somewhat slow. The bluray is unwatchable, only stocking.
Also opening the stream with VLC is slow. I use a
LG BH16NS40 drive.
So it is not plugin related. Any suggestions?
Rainbow 
New small bugfix release: https://github.com/X-dark/plugin.makemkv.../1.1.3.zip
Thanks to ac3d912

He can play movie downloaded from torrent tracker?
BluRay in the catalog
Blu-ray Disc (custom) 1080p
(2014-06-05, 10:40)NoOneYouKnow Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 16:01)X-dark Wrote: For those interested, you can grab a Gotham compatible release here: https://github.com/X-dark/plugin.makemkvbluray/releases
I have only bumped the Python API requirement. If you experience anything that was working with Frodo and no more working with Gotham, please let me know.

I will try to do some cleanup as well and look if it is possible to push this to an addon repository.

I am running Gotham 13 on Windows 7. I have the latest version of MakeMKV installed and it is working perfectly on its own. I installed the plugin.makemkvbluray.zip (latest version from your link) and go to setup and locate the MakeMKVcon for 64bit, as I run Windows 64. I then click on the Blu-Ray Player with MakeMKV addon and all that it shows is "Play File Location", "Brows File Location" and "Settings", there is no play disc option. With a Blue-Ray disc inserted in the drive I do get the Play Disc botton on the main menu, but when I click it, it does nothing but spin up the drive for a bit. When XBMC starts I also see the error of "The MakeMKV addon can not find MakeMKV. Please configure the plugin to point a it". I tried to set it to point at it using both the normal and 64 bit MKVcon.exe, but nothing works. I don't know what is wrong.

You need to insert the beta key (that allows you to run the makemkv program) in to the settings.conf file. But as I use Openelec (linux) I would not know where the file has to be located. Google beta key for makemkv.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
Sorry, but how to play DVD from catalog VIDEO_TS?
Where to ask a question on this topic?
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon)15