• 203(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Two quick things - 1) Luna - love the new EPG window feature, totally rocks, and I'm sure the aspect ratio mismatches with the dynamic artwork can be worked out through the skins with a little tweaking. Works like a champ though.

2) One quick Gotham beta word of warning for others who maybe be thinking of switching over - on my test box, the one issue I keep noticing is some local media simply wont play via real time in a channel built from a smart playlist, it will restart from the beginning of the title most every time, like it doesnt know where to resume from. I saw this in the pre-beta nightlies as well. YMMV.
(2014-03-09, 11:27)tromy Wrote: Is it possible in the "epg window" the plot of a show-movie to be autoscrolled?
The skin(xeebo) has autoscroll setting but it doesn't seem to work with PLTV and it's skins.

I actually spent a decent amount of time when writing Aurora trying to accomplish exactly this, but none of the usual techniques seemed to work. It is possible that it is just a limitation in PTV/PTVL but for what it is worth my old Orange Crush skin used to autoscroll on the overlay window--then again that was built off ancient PTV code from about a year and half ago and PTVL has made a number of quantum leaps forward since those days.
(2014-03-09, 07:26)hewligun Wrote: Is there a bug for why the info screen and the EPG doesnt show art? When i change a channel it for a brief second shows the channel I was just on's art. Then it disappears and shows your placeholder images.
hewligun: Local movies and TV should show fanart. If you're missing fanart in PTVL for media in your library, make sure you have PTVL's default image files (i.e. poster.jpg, landscape.jpg, and logo.png) for the file you're trying to play. File names like MovieTitle-poster.jpg won't register with PTVL. Also, install and run the Artwork Downloader addon for XBMC. Once installed, it should be under Programs. Tell it to download tv/movie posters, fanart, landscapes, thumbs, clearart, and logos. Once it runs go back to PTVL and you should see the artwork displayed. It is required that you enable "local" artwork in Artwork Downloader's settings.

For Enhanced LiveTV, TVDB/TMDB API supplies Episode/Movie information (episode names, Season numbers, Movie plot, etc). Fanart.TV api supplies artwork.

Doing that should get you some artwork... but I'm just not getting the right artwork. For instance, Dark Knight Rises shows art for 300 (which isn't before or after Dark Knight on that channel). When I press the right-arrow once, the description is blank but it shows the correct poster. In my Movie Library, Dark Knight and 300 both have their correct artwork.

Not sure if this bug would be in a log, but I can provide one if need be. Anyone else having this issue?

UPDATE: was able to fix the mismatched posters by putting each movie file in its own folder. Then cleared my library, imported it again, and then used Artwork Downloader as described above. Then poured some scotch. Cheers!

(2014-03-09, 20:38)guttermonk Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 07:26)hewligun Wrote: Is there a bug for why the info screen and the EPG doesnt show art? When i change a channel it for a brief second shows the channel I was just on's art. Then it disappears and shows your placeholder images.
hewligun: Local movies and TV should show fanart. If you're missing fanart in PTVL for media in your library, make sure you have PTVL's default image files (i.e. poster.jpg, landscape.jpg, and logo.png) for the file you're trying to play. File names like MovieTitle-poster.jpg won't register with PTVL. Also, install and run the Artwork Downloader addon for XBMC. Once installed, it should be under Programs. Tell it to download tv/movie posters, fanart, landscapes, thumbs, clearart, and logos. Once it runs go back to PTVL and you should see the artwork displayed. It is required that you enable "local" artwork in Artwork Downloader's settings.

For Enhanced LiveTV, TVDB/TMDB API supplies Episode/Movie information (episode names, Season numbers, Movie plot, etc). Fanart.TV api supplies artwork.

Doing that should get you some artwork... but I'm just not getting the right artwork. For instance, Dark Knight Rises shows art for 300 (which isn't before or after Dark Knight on that channel). When I press the right-arrow once, the description is blank but it shows the correct poster. In my Movie Library, Dark Knight and 300 both have their correct artwork.

Not sure if this bug would be in a log, but I can provide one if need be. Anyone else having this issue?
The "300" and the "dark knight rises" posters are for live tv?Because in my set up i can only see "live" artwork for tv shows, not movies,and only landscapes and logos.
In my case, the "300" and the "Dark Knight Rises" posters are for movies in my Library.
(2014-03-09, 20:05)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 11:27)tromy Wrote: Is it possible in the "epg window" the plot of a show-movie to be autoscrolled?
The skin(xeebo) has autoscroll setting but it doesn't seem to work with PLTV and it's skins.

I actually spent a decent amount of time when writing Aurora trying to accomplish exactly this, but none of the usual techniques seemed to work. It is possible that it is just a limitation in PTV/PTVL but for what it is worth my old Orange Crush skin used to autoscroll on the overlay window--then again that was built off ancient PTV code from about a year and half ago and PTVL has made a number of quantum leaps forward since those days.
OK Aryez,I will manually "shorten" the plots in order to fit in the window until someone finds a solution.
I tell you again.You have done great work with aurora.The colors are perfect and the images the way they appear is great!
Suggestion:I think it would be better for the "live channels"the overlay window to show the plot(taken from the xmltv file) vertical like the other skins do,because now i see some of the plot horizontally and at the second line the you tube fallback.At the local channels it's nice as it is, to see the rating ,director,etc..
(2014-03-09, 20:38)guttermonk Wrote:

I guess I should have mentioned I am using the ptvl skin. My artwork is fine everywhere else but the latest version. If I roll to stable it works build. I don't see any option for local artwork. I see an option to download artwork again but all my artwork and extra artwork is downloaded.

Like I said I see the placeholder images from ptv. And when I change the channel it will show the previous channels logo real quick before it goes back to displaying the placeholder image.
edit: ignore just had to rename xmltv file correctly
(2014-03-09, 21:39)tromy Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 20:05)ARYEZ Wrote:

OK Aryez,I will manually "shorten" the plots in order to fit in the window until someone finds a solution.
I tell you again.You have done great work with aurora.The colors are perfect and the images the way they appear is great!
Suggestion:I think it would be better for the "live channels"the overlay window to show the plot(taken from the xmltv file) vertical like the other skins do,because now i see some of the plot horizontally and at the second line the you tube fallback.At the local channels it's nice as it is, to see the rating ,director,etc..

Hey glad you like Aurora and thanks for all the kind words...out of curiosity do any of the other skins autoscroll the plot on the EPG screen? I honestly don't know and I'm not actually home to check, but if none of them autoscroll then I am guessing it must just not be possible. Also can you post an example of the issue you are having with the live channels? Just so I can see the problem you are experiencing?
(2014-03-10, 01:32)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 21:39)tromy Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 20:05)ARYEZ Wrote: I actually spent a decent amount of time when writing Aurora trying to accomplish exactly this, but none of the usual techniques seemed to work. It is possible that it is just a limitation in PTV/PTVL but for what it is worth my old Orange Crush skin used to autoscroll on the overlay window--then again that was built off ancient PTV code from about a year and half ago and PTVL has made a number of quantum leaps forward since those days.

Hey glad you like Aurora and thanks for all the kind words...out of curiosity do any of the other skins autoscroll the plot on the EPG screen? I honestly don't know and I'm not actually home to check, but if none of them autoscroll then I am guessing it must just not be possible. Also can you post an example of the issue you are having with the live channels? Just so I can see the problem you are experiencing?

Yes it is possible! Here is a example I use.

First Hide the plot control.
Code:
<control type="label" id="502">
    <left>-10</left>
    <top>-10</top>
    <width>0</width>
    <height>0</height>
    <visible>false</visible>
</control>

Then use <info>Control.GetLabel(502)</info> for the text box.
Code:
<control type="textbox">
    <left>240</left>
    <top>600</top>
    <width>820</width>
    <height>85</height>
    <align>justify</align>
    <font>METF_PlotTextMedium</font>
    <textcolor>LowerText</textcolor>
    <info>Control.GetLabel(502)</info>
    <autoscroll time="4000" delay="8000" repeat="8000">True</autoscroll>
</control>

*Note: I use this with the original PTV but I can't see why it wouldn't work for the live version.

Edit: Replaced skin specific condition with true for autoscroll.
(2014-03-08, 08:42)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-03-08, 08:23)RockDawg Wrote: OK. Thanks for looking into it. One more thing, and maybe it's Gotham related too, but I've noticed some issues navigating the EPG. PTVL frequently hangs when scrolling through channels. If I scroll up or down 5 or 6 channels it will hang for 3-4 seconds before continuing. The background video will even stop for a second or two right before PTVL resumes from the hang. It's not real consistent in that some times it happens after scrolling just 3 or 4 channels and sometimes I scroll 13 or 14 before it hangs, but it will always happen at least once if I scroll through the EPG very far.

Just as with the interleaving problem, the original PTV does not exhibit this problem with the exact same channel lineup and configurations.

You can't keep comparing to the original Pseudo lol... I have enough new code so you're comparing apples to oranges.

Understood.

Quote:The hanging is due to dynamic artwork... Do you have it enabled?
I'm working on a caching solution.

Yes, I had it enabled. disabling it indeed eliminated the lag while scrolling through channels. Thanks! Hopefully your caching solution works. I really liked that artwork option.
@Lunatixz - I decided to set up a Veetle channel, which I got working successfully, but I was always wondering how ptv would handle the stream drop between episodes. I thought maybe you had figured out a workaround, but at the end of an episode the stream isn't reloaded and I have to change channels to get it to show the live feed again. Is there a certain version this does work with? I have a suggestion that might work(might require a new chtype), I have gotten uninterrupted playback by queuing the same feed a few times. Would this work/be possible?

Also, what happens to the xml entry if there is no current feed when trying to watch this channel type? Is it overwritten?No
Hi Lunatixz. Have a question. I know the xbmc favorites is on the to-do list, but I was wondering what needs to be in my favorites list for that to work when the time comes? What I mean is, right now I put a favorite from sportsdevil for baseball. It is actually under the vipbox sports link inside sportsdevil. I click on that and it takes me to the listing of games. Would the direct link to the game have to be listed as a favorite, or can they link I have now be put into the channel manager and then that will list the games that are going on?

I hope I explained myself. If not, let me know.
I’ve decided I’m of a mind to muck around with this incredible add-on’s innards. I’m looking to duplicate the way the bumpers work with the commercials with the hopeful end result being channel specific ads. Where should I start poking around?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
(2014-03-11, 16:36)IndolentShirker Wrote: I’ve decided I’m of a mind to muck around with this incredible add-on’s innards. I’m looking to duplicate the way the bumpers work with the commercials with the hopeful end result being channel specific ads. Where should I start poking around?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
You should be able to get away with just naming your commercials as bumpers. Enabling bumpers/pointing to the commercials folder that matches the channel name. If you also want the bumpers you could put them in another location. It would be nice to have 'genre' commercials/trailers.
  • 203(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45