Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 241(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2014-03-08, 23:26)giftie Wrote: Check out CinemaVison's Rating section for updated videos, those found on MediaFire are originally from one of the packs floating around.

Got them, thanks!
Do i need to change something to get them to work? I've changed the extensions to .avi but it seems to be only looking for mpaa ratings.
Hi,

thank you for the script.

Running XBMC on 13.0-BETA2 Git_20140306

Trying to playback trailer but XBMC gets crash and not further reaction.

My xbmc.log file

Thank you
(2014-03-09, 04:32)feliche Wrote: Hi,

My xbmc.log file

Thank you

Need a full debug log, not just a normal log.

(2014-03-09, 03:07)jelly Wrote: Do i need to change something to get them to work? I've changed the extensions to .avi but it seems to be only looking for mpaa ratings.

Normally you just need to make sure the setting is pointed to the correct folder. If this is the case, I need a full debug log to see the problem.
(2014-03-09, 04:36)giftie Wrote: Normally you just need to make sure the setting is pointed to the correct folder. If this is the case, I need a full debug log to see the problem.

I think i've worked out what the issue is, my movies are scraped from TMDB and the format is 'Rated XX', if i remove the 'Rated' they work.
(2014-03-09, 05:26)jelly Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 04:36)giftie Wrote: Normally you just need to make sure the setting is pointed to the correct folder. If this is the case, I need a full debug log to see the problem.

I think i've worked out what the issue is, my movies are scraped from TMDB and the format is 'Rated XX', if i remove the 'Rated' they work.

I'll add the testing to the next release..

My xbmc.log file

Thank you

Sorry I didn´t present a correct log file I hope now it´s good.

Is this one correct?

XBMC log

Thank you
(2014-03-10, 00:16)feliche Wrote:

My xbmc.log file

Thank you

Is this one correct?

XBMC log

Thank you

That is the correct one... Seems to be the increasingly common bug that should be fixed in the next version.
(2014-03-10, 00:35)giftie Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 00:16)feliche Wrote:

My xbmc.log file

Thank you

Is this one correct?

XBMC log

Thank you

That is the correct one... Seems to be the increasingly common bug that should be fixed in the next version.

Great Wink Thanks for your quick answer
(2014-03-07, 21:49)weirdinin Wrote: Fresh installation didnt make any difference. It seems to me that this is not just the way ce should work since no matter how long I wait, second session with ce fails. I waited 10 minutes after ending of playback. Looks like xbmc stays busy until it's restarted. And it stays busy only if ce has been used. Normal playback of movies doesnt arouse this problem. At least I think so, since xbmc quits fast and nice. But when ce has been used, xbmc wait some time before it ends, which tells that there's something going on that xbmc needs to end before quitting.

One thing that I noticed btw: if I use default settings of dialogvideoinfo.xml of transparency, it takes about 10 seconds before ce starts. I modified file from
Code:
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
                    <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
                    <onclick>RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
                    <visible>Container.Content(Movies) + Skin.HasSetting(CinemaScript_MovieInfo)</visible>
to
Code:
                    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <visible>Container.Content(Movies) + Skin.HasSetting(CinemaScript_MovieInfo)</visible>
The change of one line made the starting of ce much quicker. Perhaps I could make the ending of the script also happen by modifying the xml file. What that line <visible>some code</visible> does? Looks like a trial and error kind of thing if I try to fix this Smile. Well, there's plenty of time, whole night before need to go to work Big Grin

I assume this issue won't get fixed any time soon so I made a quite dirty workaround:
made a cmd file that kills xbmc.exe after movie theatre outro video. Then eventghost wait couple of seconds and restart xbmc. Quests won't notice the difference since transitions are smooth thanks to fast starting of gotham and to using eventghost as a shell instead of explorer.exe

If you need or want my xbmc debug log, tell me.

I'm having the exact same issue. I can get CE to start and run first time, but then after hitting Stop on a movie I can't do it again and no amount of waiting seems to fix it. XBMC also cant be closed normally and the process hangs around in the task manager until killed. So it does sound like CE never gets this notification that the playback has ended. Is this a change in XBMC or in the skin possibly? I'm on Gotham Beta1 and using Transparency! as my skin.
I have read the wiki and a few of the pages in the thread but havent found the answer. I apologise if this feature is already available and if so would be interested how.

I've been thinking it would be good to be able to have either a local library of trailers or a streamable library sorted into year or genre.
CE could then choose trailers at random from the same year the film was made or from the same Year/Genre folder and play them before the movie starts.

Perhaps the trailer websites have a suggestions of similar trailers that could be made use of for the streaming option. Perhaps for the more meticulous even use file tags to differentiate.

Love the plugin already though!
(2014-03-14, 19:02)syxrail Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 21:49)weirdinin Wrote: Fresh installation didnt make any difference. It seems to me that this is not just the way ce should work since no matter how long I wait, second session with ce fails. I waited 10 minutes after ending of playback. Looks like xbmc stays busy until it's restarted. And it stays busy only if ce has been used. Normal playback of movies doesnt arouse this problem. At least I think so, since xbmc quits fast and nice. But when ce has been used, xbmc wait some time before it ends, which tells that there's something going on that xbmc needs to end before quitting.

One thing that I noticed btw: if I use default settings of dialogvideoinfo.xml of transparency, it takes about 10 seconds before ce starts. I modified file from
Code:
                    <onclick>RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
to
Code:
                    <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
The change of one line made the starting of ce much quicker. Perhaps I could make the ending of the script also happen by modifying the xml file. What that line <visible>some code</visible> does? Looks like a trial and error kind of thing if I try to fix this Smile. Well, there's plenty of time, whole night before need to go to work Big Grin

I assume this issue won't get fixed any time soon so I made a quite dirty workaround:
made a cmd file that kills xbmc.exe after movie theatre outro video. Then eventghost wait couple of seconds and restart xbmc. Quests won't notice the difference since transitions are smooth thanks to fast starting of gotham and to using eventghost as a shell instead of explorer.exe

If you need or want my xbmc debug log, tell me.

I'm having the exact same issue. I can get CE to start and run first time, but then after hitting Stop on a movie I can't do it again and no amount of waiting seems to fix it. XBMC also cant be closed normally and the process hangs around in the task manager until killed. So it does sound like CE never gets this notification that the playback has ended. Is this a change in XBMC or in the skin possibly? I'm on Gotham Beta1 and using Transparency! as my skin.

Something does seem like it changed in XBMC. I've been changing the method the script uses to sense the end of a video(a special method is required for the trivia intro and for the Home Automation triggering) I never really liked how it was detected before. It seems to be working ok, and will be in the next release.
(2014-03-14, 23:51)itslilyitslily Wrote: I have read the wiki and a few of the pages in the thread but havent found the answer. I apologise if this feature is already available and if so would be interested how.

I've been thinking it would be good to be able to have either a local library of trailers or a streamable library sorted into year or genre.
CE could then choose trailers at random from the same year the film was made or from the same Year/Genre folder and play them before the movie starts.

Perhaps the trailer websites have a suggestions of similar trailers that could be made use of for the streaming option. Perhaps for the more meticulous even use file tags to differentiate.

Love the plugin already though!

Matching trailers by Genre is already available. The Year matching would be an interesting feature that I'll need to look into adding for the local folder/XBMC database scrapers..
I noticed in the poll there's the option "trivia intro fixed" I'm guessing this is about the trivia intro video being played and then the menu popping back up for a second before the slides start. I've had this problem on all my setups. (Frodo and Gotham) Is this the problem the poll is referring to, or is it unique to my setups?
If it is a common problem is it being looked into currently?
(2014-03-17, 10:00)zebrom Wrote: I noticed in the poll there's the option "trivia intro fixed" I'm guessing this is about the trivia intro video being played and then the menu popping back up for a second before the slides start. I've had this problem on all my setups. (Frodo and Gotham) Is this the problem the poll is referring to, or is it unique to my setups?
If it is a common problem is it being looked into currently?

The poll actually meant the actual video playing. I'm unable to do anything with the poll now. The quick flash(varies on each system) is caused by the time it takes XBMC to jump from the full screen video to the trivia. I have added a skin to the script, that just blanks the screen, that smooths out the transition. The next release will have this.
  • 241(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24