• 6(current)
12.3 libnfs update breaks NFS on Windows
@brazen1 - use the build in post #65 above and then clean your library a bunch of times.

Ideally from a wireless or slow device, seems to promote the problem....

(When I installed Frodo 12.3 I didn't notice the issue for a couple of days on my wired machine, but the library is dumped 100% of the time on my laptop)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Hi bossanova808.

I installed the build from post #65 on 2 different W7 x64 clients and repeatedly cleaned the library. All titles remained scanned in and all NFS sources stayed connected. This also included waking the server from hibernation and doing the procedure to ensure that sleep/hibernation did not interfere. Imo, this fix should be included in a nightly whenever convenient. When and if it is, post such and I will test the nightly.

Thanks for your attention.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
moved the post to a different thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188811
Do a bug report to https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs with that error message you got ... also your issue is unrelated to the one we are discussing in this thread and so it would have been better to open a new thread where it belongs to (e.x. in the android forum). But since this is your first post and i hope you don't highjack this thread even more i won't blame you Wink ( - yeah and now i blamed you ... sry ...). Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Fair enough, here is my post in the android forum:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188811
And here is the bug:
https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/issues/60

But actually I'm posting here to emphasis that Windows may not be the only victim OS.
If we decide to downgrade libnfs, we may need to do it for other affected OS.

Anyway, it's not yet clear if android is also suffering from the same issue -- I didn't try to maintain a library on my pad and only found this thread after I met my issue.
Maybe I can try out on the music library since it happens to be accessible.
Looks like jmarshall merged the libnfs downgrade on Windows. Gets us out of jail for Gotham at least!

Thanks @Memphiz and @jmarshall for being so responsive!
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Stop stalking :p
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

tell that to git's notification system which makes messages pop up on about 5 devices in my house...!
Is this now fixed in the official download of Gotham now?, Or do I need to download the special one a few posts back. Just curious as I have been waiting to upgrade due to this issue
There's a good chance it made it into todays (11th) nightly build, but if not it'll definitely be in tomorrows (12th).
(2014-03-11, 13:48)jjd-uk Wrote: There's a good chance it made it into todays (11th) nightly build, but if not it'll definitely be in tomorrows (12th).

Excellent! Thanks!
Another quick question.

Since this problem exists on 12.3 Frodo, would the downgrade file posted by Memphiz in post #65 work for Frodo 12.3 on Win 7 64Bit as well?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1645065

Just curious in case one wanted to stay on a stable build.
should work aswell
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-03-11, 19:30)Memphiz Wrote: should work aswell

Thank you!
Hi, seems the right place to ask this so,

Ive been using NFS shares from my 2008R2 box for a while now with no problems reading and using library from 12.3 on W7 HTPC, dual boot W7 & W8 laptop, Nexus 7 and Nexus 4.

I use MySQL on the server and XBMC is in portable mode so I can copy the folder to a new machine for easy setup.

Last night I copied my HTPC folder to my server after upgrading to 2012R2 and a GFX card (for HDMI) Im now getting BSOD for nfssrv.sys when doing doing anything on the Server install.

Would the downgrade file in #65 fix this?

Or

If I change the source paths to local paths rather than nfs paths on the server install, would the library still be synced or would XBMC/MySQL see them as different sources altogether and sync would be lost?

As the server is 24/7 with Sickbeard doing the organizing it makes sense to have XBMC running to update the library in the background even if no other clients are connected.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
12.3 libnfs update breaks NFS on Windows0