• 204(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-03-10, 01:32)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 21:39)tromy Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 20:05)ARYEZ Wrote: I actually spent a decent amount of time when writing Aurora trying to accomplish exactly this, but none of the usual techniques seemed to work. It is possible that it is just a limitation in PTV/PTVL but for what it is worth my old Orange Crush skin used to autoscroll on the overlay window--then again that was built off ancient PTV code from about a year and half ago and PTVL has made a number of quantum leaps forward since those days.
OK Aryez,I will manually "shorten" the plots in order to fit in the window until someone finds a solution.
I tell you again.You have done great work with aurora.The colors are perfect and the images the way they appear is great!
Suggestion:I think it would be better for the "live channels"the overlay window to show the plot(taken from the xmltv file) vertical like the other skins do,because now i see some of the plot horizontally and at the second line the you tube fallback.At the local channels it's nice as it is, to see the rating ,director,etc..

Hey glad you like Aurora and thanks for all the kind words...out of curiosity do any of the other skins autoscroll the plot on the EPG screen? I honestly don't know and I'm not actually home to check, but if none of them autoscroll then I am guessing it must just not be possible. Also can you post an example of the issue you are having with the live channels? Just so I can see the problem you are experiencing?
As you can see in concast skin(and all other skins) I see the whole plot taken from the xmltv file.In aurora I just see the first line which is steady(not scroll),I would prefer to see the plot and not the you tube "fallback"..As for live tv i don't have things scrapped and aurora can't display informations(rating,director,etc) i think it would be better to display only the plot

P.S. Autoscroll in the epg window doesn't work in any skin in my set up
I'm messing something up with the donor features, but I can't figure out what.

Channels auto-tuned okay after I installed PTVL. Then I entered my donor username:password and got "Donor Features Activated/Updated". I did another auto-tune with "Plug-in Channels" and force-reset enabled, and PTVL loads the same as before (with no additional channels). So I went back and enabled "BringThePopcorn Movies", again with force-reset enabled. This time PTVL started parsing channels, and then I got the black screen.

I exited the black screen by pressing my computer's power button once and selected something off the pop-up menu. Now when I try to open PTVL again, it's completely unresponsive. Any ideas?

Log: http://tinyurl.com/qjbg839
(2014-03-11, 19:16)tromy Wrote: Image

Wow the plot font size is big........ Did you have to to apply a custom font to get it (i'm assuming Russian?) in your language? Or was the font to small from distance of your tv, and you edited it? I just realized that I had a custom font installed when i made the skin ( feel really stupid at this moment Sad ), possibly screwing up up the text, But it shouldn't be off as far as your picutre shows. Huh
(2014-03-12, 03:25)guttermonk Wrote: I'm messing something up with the donor features, but I can't figure out what.

Channels auto-tuned okay after I installed PTVL. Then I entered my donor username:password and got "Donor Features Activated/Updated". I did another auto-tune with "Plug-in Channels" and force-reset enabled, and PTVL loads the same as before (with no additional channels). So I went back and enabled "BringThePopcorn Movies", again with force-reset enabled. This time PTVL started parsing channels, and then I got the black screen.

I exited the black screen by pressing my computer's power button once and selected something off the pop-up menu. Now when I try to open PTVL again, it's completely unresponsive. Any ideas?

Black screen with popcorn, did you restart xbmc after activating donor features? are you using the latest git version?

plugin channels, currently offline while I update some of the features...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hi Luna

Can you please clarify the manual update procedure for PTVL. I ask because I read two conflicting instructions for settings.xml.

(2014-03-04, 05:18)Lunatixz Wrote: You never need to delete settings2.xml between versions.
Same goes for settings.xml, there maybe a few times I ask users to clear it... But on the average you just need to check between versions for changes.
...and from post # 1 (colored red for emphasis)...

MANUALLY INSTALL: Update by deleting the plugin folder and moving the new one in its place. After each master update you should always delete your PTVL "cache" folder and settings.xml (userdata/script.pseudotv.live/)

So I'm confused which one is the "standard" procedure (and would be very happy to avoid re-entering all the personalizations - like Donor info, API keys, etc. - every time I perform an upgrade).

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT:
Hmmm... any idea when this fix will be pushed ?

Code:
NameError: global name 'Donor' is not defined

...OR...

What I did to create this situation:

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION: The parameter "pControls" must be either a Tuple or a List

Thanks.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2014-03-12, 04:26)Redkiller223 Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 19:16)tromy Wrote:

Wow the plot font size is big........ Did you have to to apply a custom font to get it (i'm assuming Russian?) in your language? Or was the font to small from distance of your tv, and you edited it? I just realized that I had a custom font installed when i made the skin ( feel really stupid at this moment Sad ), possibly screwing up up the text, But it shouldn't be off as far as your picutre shows. Huh
It's a custom font. i use it at the whole xbmc because defaults fonts were too small to read in my tv.
My language it's not Russian, it's Greek,very difficult language...Confused
(2014-03-11, 19:16)tromy Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 01:32)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 21:39)tromy Wrote: OK Aryez,I will manually "shorten" the plots in order to fit in the window until someone finds a solution.
I tell you again.You have done great work with aurora.The colors are perfect and the images the way they appear is great!
Suggestion:I think it would be better for the "live channels"the overlay window to show the plot(taken from the xmltv file) vertical like the other skins do,because now i see some of the plot horizontally and at the second line the you tube fallback.At the local channels it's nice as it is, to see the rating ,director,etc..

Hey glad you like Aurora and thanks for all the kind words...out of curiosity do any of the other skins autoscroll the plot on the EPG screen? I honestly don't know and I'm not actually home to check, but if none of them autoscroll then I am guessing it must just not be possible. Also can you post an example of the issue you are having with the live channels? Just so I can see the problem you are experiencing?
As you can see in concast skin(and all other skins) I see the whole plot taken from the xmltv file.In aurora I just see the first line which is steady(not scroll),I would prefer to see the plot and not the you tube "fallback"..As for live tv i don't have things scrapped and aurora can't display informations(rating,director,etc) i think it would be better to display only the plot

P.S. Autoscroll in the epg window doesn't work in any skin in my set up

Hmmm yep I do see what you mean...admittedly I barely watch live tv myself so my skin is geared way more toward library content, but I agree it definitely needs to have the plot on the overlay for live tv. I'll take a look at updating it and see what I can do.
(2014-03-12, 07:28)gjwAudio Wrote: Hi Luna

Can you please clarify the manual update procedure for PTVL. I ask because I read two conflicting instructions for settings.xml.

(2014-03-04, 05:18)Lunatixz Wrote: You never need to delete settings2.xml between versions.
Same goes for settings.xml, there maybe a few times I ask users to clear it... But on the average you just need to check between versions for changes.
...and from post # 1 (colored red for emphasis)...

MANUALLY INSTALL: Update by deleting the plugin folder and moving the new one in its place. After each master update you should always delete your PTVL "cache" folder and settings.xml (userdata/script.pseudotv.live/)

So I'm confused which one is the "standard" procedure (and would be very happy to avoid re-entering all the personalizations - like Donor info, API keys, etc. - every time I perform an upgrade).

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT:
Hmmm... any idea when this fix will be pushed ?

Code:
NameError: global name 'Donor' is not defined

...OR...

What I did to create this situation:

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION: The parameter "pControls" must be either a Tuple or a List

Thanks.

That's an old update procedure, sorry about that. You don't need to delete settings.xml unless I request you do on certain updates.

Still getting donor error? Are you using latest build and activating donor features? Remember to restart xbmc after activation.
(2014-03-12, 04:37)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 03:25)guttermonk Wrote: I'm messing something up with the donor features, but I can't figure out what.

Black screen with popcorn, did you restart xbmc after activating donor features? are you using the latest git version?

I tried restarting after activating donor features... still no luck. I downloaded the latest master.zip from github ...have v0.3.5 installed.

Also, I get two messages when activating donor features: "Donor Features Activated/Updated" and "Not All Donor Channels Synced". Am I supposed to get that second message?
(2014-03-12, 15:01)guttermonk Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 04:37)Lunatixz Wrote:

I tried restarting after activating donor features... still no luck. I downloaded the latest master.zip from github ...have v0.3.5 installed.

Also, I get two messages when activating donor features: "Donor Features Activated/Updated" and "Not All Donor Channels Synced". Am I supposed to get that second message?

Channels synced has to do with plugin autotune which is currently offline. Which is why u see that error.

As for donor error I'll post a fix tonight.
Just downloaded the latest master and everytime I go to run PTVL, it loads the channels and then XBMC just freezes. Really don't know what I'm missing. I've downloaded all the dependencies and everything.
Quick question to those of you using Openelec with PTVL:

1. What would you recommend as hardware for standalone box?
2. How wife friendly is the experience?
Trying to runa fesh build on a MAC 64 and getting the same error as below, even after replacing file. Using latest from Git

Also I have a linux build xbmc runnin gon A MX2 Matricom, what OS should I be choosing in settings ?

Thanks,

Code:
Code:
21:45:32 T:8108   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: name 'ADDON_ID' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master/pseudotv.py", line 25, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.ga import *
                                              File "C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\ga.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                import EPGWindow
                                              File "C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\EPGWindow.py", line 31, in <module>
                                                from ChannelList import ChannelList
                                              File "C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 38, in <module>
                                                cache = StorageServer.StorageServer(ADDON_ID, 24) # (Your plugin name, Cache time in hours)
                                            NameError: name 'ADDON_ID' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

easy fix, my bad... lazy coding... I will update git later
::Update::
Try latest git or this updated file:
https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseudotv.live/raw/master/resources/lib/ChannelList.py
(2014-03-15, 00:59)privado Wrote: Trying to runa fesh build on a MAC 64 and getting the same error as below, even after replacing file. Using latest from Git

Also I have a linux build xbmc runnin gon A MX2 Matricom, what OS should I be choosing in settings ?

Thanks,

Code:
Code:
21:45:32 T:8108   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: name 'ADDON_ID' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master/pseudotv.py", line 25, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.ga import *
                                              File "C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\ga.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                import EPGWindow
                                              File "C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\EPGWindow.py", line 31, in <module>
                                                from ChannelList import ChannelList
                                              File "C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 38, in <module>
                                                cache = StorageServer.StorageServer(ADDON_ID, 24) # (Your plugin name, Cache time in hours)
                                            NameError: name 'ADDON_ID' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

easy fix, my bad... lazy coding... I will update git later
::Update::
Try latest git or this updated file:
https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseudotv.live/raw/master/resources/lib/ChannelList.py

I highly doubt you are getting this error... Post your log!
Ok I am way out of wack here, I still have version 0.2.3 and am just getting back into updating this. I have your repo installed but it must be an old one, because its emptyHuh

Can someone point me in the right direction please and thanks

Also, I cannot get my channel logos to appear on the guide, its simply just text of the channel names when using a custom folder with color logos. Any suggestions?
  • 204(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45