• 11(current)
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD
When I start XBMC 13.0 Gotham in Windows 7 I get an error message saying "Unable to create gui. Exiting."

Should I uninstall XBMC 12 before installing 13?
(2014-03-12, 11:23)robin8 Wrote: When I start XBMC 13.0 Gotham in Windows 7 I get an error message saying "Unable to create gui. Exiting."

Should I uninstall XBMC 12 before installing 13?

Update graphics drivers.
Hi,

Thanks for the new Gotham 13 beta version. I struggle with the option "keep the AV receiver alive". Tried "always" "off", problem is, my HTPC hibernate and when I use my HTPC again XBMC sends no audio signal to my AV receiver. I first have to close and start XBMC again, then my audio device receives the audio stream. Question: What option do I have to use when your HTPC doesn't shut down, but hibernates?

Thanks for the answer.

KNox
So what happens with Always selected?
(2014-03-12, 12:55)jjd-uk Wrote: So what happens with Always selected?

At first XBMC is working fine, when I play music or watch a video the receiver receives the soundstream. Then I let the HTPC go to hibernate, when the HTPC is started up again, no soundstream on music files and video.
Ok think I'm with you now, so are you saying "Always" and "Off" have the exact same behaviour when you hibernate of no sound when PC is resumed?
(2014-03-12, 13:41)jjd-uk Wrote: Ok think I'm with you now, so are you saying "Always" and "Off" have the exact same behaviour when you hibernate of no sound when PC is resumed?

That's correct. But shouldn't my receiver receive an audiostream if I choose for "always", even when I hibernate my HTPC?
Well I'd expect the AVR to get nothing while the PC is hibernated but for xbmc to start sending again once it has resumed.

Enable debug logging then do a hibernate and resume cycle to show the problem, follow these instructions for how to do this Log_file/Advanced (wiki)

Keep an eye on what time things happens as you'll need to check whether the xbmc.log file covers the whole time period, I'm not sure where the hibernate will cause xbmc to finish the current log then start a new one on resume, so you might need the xbmc.old.log file to show the time before hibernate.

Check also whether a crash.log is created.
(2014-03-12, 14:15)jjd-uk Wrote: Well I'd expect the AVR to get nothing while the PC is hibernated but for xbmc to start sending again once it has resumed.

Enable debug logging then do a hibernate and resume cycle to show the problem, follow these instructions for how to do this Log_file/Advanced (wiki)

Keep an eye on what time things happens as you'll need to check whether the xbmc.log file covers the whole time period, I'm not sure where the hibernate will cause xbmc to finish the current log then start a new one on resume, so you might need the xbmc.old.log file to show the time before hibernate.

Ok, i've got the log and also a crash log (date 11-3). What to do with it now?

Ok I get it, use this link:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QHJih6CB
(2014-03-12, 14:36)Knoxville144 Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 14:15)jjd-uk Wrote: Well I'd expect the AVR to get nothing while the PC is hibernated but for xbmc to start sending again once it has resumed.

Ok, i've got the log and also a crash log (date 11-3). What to do with it now?

Ok I get it, use this link:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=QHJih6CB
I'm not one of the dev's so I've had to ask one of the other Team members to take a look, the feedback is we need more information reported in the log, to get this could I ask you to test again with a video file, so the steps we'd like you to take are:

1. Enable debug logging.
2. Close XBMC and then start XBMC (this is to get a clean log with debug on from the start)
3. Play a video file.
4. Hibernate PC.
5. Wait a minute before resuming PC.
6. Once PC has resumed wait a further 1 minute before doing anything else (we think your audio devices are slow in recovering after the resume)
7. Play the same video file as in Step 3.
(2014-03-10, 19:16)LEDFan Wrote: It works now. It has been corrected with the latest nightly build of March 9. See bug ticket here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14964

Thanks for keeping on this. I confirm it is working on 0311 nightly for the "local info only" scraper. I'm curious if it also works for the "uni" scrapers, like in video library (local info found / use?). From looking at my logs it appears the way artist info is scraped, at least with local info scraper and local artist.nfo, has changed. It looks like it isn't scraped when I "scan item to library", rather when I first select "artist info" screen from the context menu on artist.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
It should make no difference at all what scraper you use. artist.nfo is read first - if found, we use it. If not, we go to the scraper. This occurs regardless of how the scan was initiated.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Refresh rate setting is broken on Beta 1 (also on the nightly)

I try and set my TV to 50HZ and it set to 60HZ, I try to 60HZ and it sets to 50HZ, its all over the place.

Debug log - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=148428
xbmc-xrandr - http://pastie.org/pastes/8913581/text

Video here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOfzdLT87Tw

if I set it via cli using something like "xrandr -d 0:0 --output DVI-I-1 --mode 0x281" it works fine.
Saner: Starting XBMC (14.0-ALPHA1 Git:6888884) <- not beta1

Also, what happens if you play a 50hz video with "adjust display to video" on?
It happens in both, must have just been the wrong log, I can pull one from Beta1 if its important, I just tried a nighty before reporting.

It still plays up with refresh rate set, I tried playing a ts stream at 25FPS and it set it to 60HZ

Quote:Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 3.93 GiB
Duration : 1h 16mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 7 316 Kbps

Video
ID : 5000 (0x1388)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=8, N=24
Codec ID : 27
Duration : 1h 16mn
Bit rate : 6 566 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : MBAFF
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.127
Stream size : 3.52 GiB (90%)
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

It set a 23.97 to 30HZ

Quote:Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 1
File size : 4.36 GiB
Duration : 1h 53mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 5 514 Kbps
Movie name : Donnie.Darko.2001.720p.Blu-Ray.DTS.x264-ESiR
Encoded date : UTC 2009-02-16 17:34:17
Writing application : mkvmerge v2.4.0 ('Fumbling Towards Ecstasy') built on Oct 11 2008 20:13:15
Writing library : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1
Attachment : Yes / Yes / Yes

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 10 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 1h 53mn
Bit rate : 3 885 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 544 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.233
Stream size : 2.98 GiB (68%)
Title : Donnie Darko
Writing library : x264 core 65 r1066M 045ae40
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=10 / deblock=1:3:3 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy_rd=0.7:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=2 / deadzone=9,9 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=3885 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=35 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:0.80
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

I didn't mv ~/.xbmc/ .xbmc-bak/ this time as it did the same (i wanted to make sure it was not an addon etc) , if you want me to do that for a cleaner log then let me know.

For what its worth, I installed Fernetmenta latest build (xbmc-fernetmenta-master) and it worked fine for setting the refresh rate.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=148480
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD2