• 25(current)
Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.0
Transparency! long been a favorite skin; I tried Aeon which is nice but a bit too intense for me. I'm about to reharden my setup and think I'll go back to Transparency from confluence atm.

The one thing I really liked about Aeon was how music auto went to fullscreen and auto pulled the lyrics? Could we get that or the option to do that in Transparency? Right now it takes several remote clicks from playing song to getting lyrics up.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
(2014-01-06, 13:58)ajaydarez Wrote: Hi all, I just started using transparency and it is an absolutely gorgeous skin. I am trying out the different customizations. I love the cover flow view for my movies and tv shows. Can I set the cover flow as the default to use always instead of the list view (currently I have to go into each menu of each add on and set the view to cover flow, else it shows as a list )

nope, that ain't possible.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-01-07, 01:40)capfuturo Wrote: @ronie: XBMC 12.3 (Git-20131212-9ed3e58)'s repo marks Transparency! as broken, even after forcing refresh. Any non-svn link to .zip?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/skin.transparency/
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-01-07, 01:44)transcender Wrote: Transparency! long been a favorite skin; I tried Aeon which is nice but a bit too intense for me. I'm about to reharden my setup and think I'll go back to Transparency from confluence atm.

The one thing I really liked about Aeon was how music auto went to fullscreen and auto pulled the lyrics? Could we get that or the option to do that in Transparency? Right now it takes several remote clicks from playing song to getting lyrics up.

the latest version of cu lrc lyrics will handle all that, no skin changes needed anymore for that.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147340&page=23

it's made for xbmc gotham (install from zip in xbmc frodo will fail),
but if you manually unzip it in your addons folder, it should work on frodo to.
(2014-01-07, 04:21)ronie Wrote:
(2014-01-06, 13:58)ajaydarez Wrote: Hi all, I just started using transparency and it is an absolutely gorgeous skin. I am trying out the different customizations. I love the cover flow view for my movies and tv shows. Can I set the cover flow as the default to use always instead of the list view (currently I have to go into each menu of each add on and set the view to cover flow, else it shows as a list )

Oh unfortunate. Is it possible to change it in the code somewhere ? If you can give me a quick hint on where I might have to look I would like to do some tinkering around Smile
(2014-01-07, 05:34)ajaydarez Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 04:21)ronie Wrote:

Oh unfortunate. Is it possible to change it in the code somewhere ? If you can give me a quick hint on where I might have to look I would like to do some tinkering around Smile

change the defaultcontrol in MyVideoNav.xml to 55:
Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">55</defaultcontrol>
(2013-10-20, 17:22)ronie Wrote: yes, the main 'Music' menu item now takes you to artists.
Any way to change this? I would much prefer it to go to albums, and am too lazy to go into the submenu to select it. Big Grin
Thanks for all the hard work ronie. Using the latest Gotham nightly with 6.0.4 and the Now Playing menu option is missing from the sidebar. It's visible when using confluence, so it's a skin-specific issue. Any chance of it being resolved in the future? Smile
(2014-02-04, 05:55)rdaun Wrote: Thanks for all the hard work ronie. Using the latest Gotham nightly with 6.0.4 and the Now Playing menu option is missing from the sidebar. It's visible when using confluence, so it's a skin-specific issue. Any chance of it being resolved in the future? Smile

thanx, should be fixed now!
(2014-02-01, 00:42)barcoboy Wrote:
(2013-10-20, 17:22)ronie Wrote: yes, the main 'Music' menu item now takes you to artists.
Any way to change this? I would much prefer it to go to albums, and am too lazy to go into the submenu to select it. Big Grin
Figured it out myself. If anybody else wants to modify this, change line 2745 of the "Includes_Home.xml" file from:

<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,artists,return)</onclick>

to this:

<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,albums,return)</onclick>
Where do I look if it doesn't play TV themes? I don't need to be in kiosk mode do I?
(2014-02-21, 00:10)cbr600ds2 Wrote: Where do I look if it doesn't play TV themes? I don't need to be in kiosk mode do I?

skin settings > addons > enable tv tunes addon

that should be all.
Hey Ronie.. Great work on this skin.. Thank you for your work on it.

The Xperience1080 skin has a feature in Skin>Views>"Play Trailer on opening movie information". This will auto play a trailer in a minimized window when you look at a movie's info.

Is there any way to incorporate this feature into Transparency! ?

Thanks again for your work
Awesome skin! I just upgraded to gotham beta from gotham alpha + aeon nox 4.x. Just wanted to give you props and after trying out your marvelous skin, I doubt I will go back to nox any time soon. The vibrancy and ease of use really jumps out at you and the emphasis on fanart is a family pleaser.

I do have one gripe, that tiny power button icon is killing my wife for not having perfect 20/20 vision like myself Tongue, is there a way to add "shutdown" to the main menu, similar to the way nox handles it?
(2014-03-12, 15:31)QueK9 Wrote: Awesome skin! I just upgraded to gotham beta from gotham alpha + aeon nox 4.x. Just wanted to give you props and after trying out your marvelous skin, I doubt I will go back to nox any time soon. The vibrancy and ease of use really jumps out at you and the emphasis on fanart is a family pleaser.

I do have one gripe, that tiny power button icon is killing my wife for not having perfect 20/20 vision like myself Tongue, is there a way to add "shutdown" to the main menu, similar to the way nox handles it?

with a bit of manual labour, it can be accomplished.

you'd need to add this line to your favourites.xml file:
<favourite name="Shutdown">ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</favourite>

then you can map that favourite to one of the custom menu buttons (in skin settings > menu)
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! v5.0.0 for XBMC Frodo 12.03