Bug Video is not smooth after broadcaster switch 4:3<->16:9
XBMC 13 compiled today. TV channel is dvb-t, SD. Sometimes broadcaster switches video aspect ratio between 16:9 and 4:3. In this case, xbmc should change display according to saved video settings.

Since xbmc 13 (compiled today from latest master) after this switching, video is no longer smootch. I need to stop playback and start it again to make video playback smootch.

Unfortunatelly I don't have debug log. This was during live tv playback and I didn't have debug enabled. Anyone have the same issue? I'll try to enable debug next time I have the chance, to provide more information and I'll post debug log here. But I need to wait for broadcaster to emit such material again.
Bump... Gotham beta1, the same issue. Anybody?
You can enable debugging permanently without getting the debug information on the screen, see advancedsettings.xml (wiki).
Ok, so this is debug log:
http://pastebin.com/y1KEkM7a

I started Live TV, after a while broadcaster changed ratio from 16:9 to 4:3. After this, I have slideshow instead of video and I need to stop playback and start again.

Can anybody look into my log?
You could file a bug report on trac.xbmc.org, that should attract more developer attention. I took a quick look but can't make anything out of it.
tv headend does not report the change in aspect ratio. it should trigger reopen of decoder. If it did you would see those in the log
CDVDDemuxPVRClient::RequestStreams()

So report the issue to tv headend
Yeah I was searching for that too but couldn't find it. I guess we found the root cause.
@giaur I agree with FernetMenta, a quick scan of the code (I'm not that familiar with this area of TVH, having not had much call to touch it) that it does look like TVH does not output a substart message after an aspect ratio change. If you have channels where this is common what would really help is if a) you report on tvheadend.org, as suggested and b) you attach a sample stream that covers a change over. Only needs to be a short period either side.

Adam
Ok, so first I'm going to update to latest tvheadend (I have rather old version), then test again and report if this issue still exists. I thought this is caused rather by xbmc, so didn't care about tvheadend. I remeber it worked some time ago and then stopped to work.

It's not so common (almost all is 16:9) but very annoying.
@giaur the issue definitely exists, I've checked the code and discussed with Andreas. His take on it is that explicitly including this in the mux metadata should not be necessary, it implies a broken player. However as usual we'll almost certainly have to fix it rather than get XBMC to sort itself out. But I have started looking.
Is there any ticket for this on tvheadend that I can subscribe? I'm interested in update as soon as it's fixed. Or if it can help, I can report this and provide sample saved stream.

Also you are probably right about broken player, I can remember that older xbmc (12?) didn't have this issue. Also openelec on Raspberry pi is not affected, possibly because it uses omx player. That's why I assumed it's xbmc problem.
@giaur

hard to tell if we have an issue with the player here. You did not provide a debug log of a supported version of XBMC. The version you have used is build with external ffmpeg/libav.
--
(2014-03-13, 09:12)FernetMenta Wrote: The version you have used is build with external ffmpeg/libav.
Hmm. Not internal ffmpeg? I compiled it by myself and installed via make install. All default options for ./configure, something like this:
Code:
./configure --prefix=/xbmc --disable-debug
In configure summary I had "use external ffmpeg: no".

Also I don't have this bug anymore: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188443
sorry, I was wrong. misinterpreted the log.
Can you provide a recording with a change in aspect ratio?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video is not smooth after broadcaster switch 4:3<->16:90