• 65(current)
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
Can anyone explain what those MCE remote registry things do? Can't seem to figure out why i should use it.
Will it improve my Harmony, loaded with a mce remote profile, remote controls since now not all buttons work.
Is there a way to handle applications like an emulator?

I would like to launch ZSNES through Advanced Launcher and give the focus to ZSNES. After quitting, XBMC should regain the focus.

Any ideas?
(2014-03-09, 18:09)schumi2004 Wrote: Can anyone explain what those MCE remote registry things do? Can't seem to figure out why i should use it.
Will it improve my Harmony, loaded with a mce remote profile, remote controls since now not all buttons work.

The mce remote option works better with the custom keyboard.xml file. For configuring mce remote you can try mce remote mapper in my signature.

(2014-03-10, 00:27)Evin Wrote: Is there a way to handle applications like an emulator?

I would like to launch ZSNES through Advanced Launcher and give the focus to ZSNES. After quitting, XBMC should regain the focus.

Any ideas?

Never tried emulators. If it is exe file then add it to external player list and enable focus of external player.
Anyone else have trouble with XBMC starting up after suspend too quickly? I force XBMC close on sleep and reopen after sleep to eliminate an issue with dropped frames after sleeping. This seems to work well with Launcher, but every third time or so I resume XBMC has the Windows 8.1 taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Focus management fixes that, but there's another issue.

When the above occurs, WASAPI access to my HDMI output device is missing from XBMC's system config, so I lose all HDMI sound. If I close XBMC and restart it, it works fine again. I infer from this that maybe XBMC is starting back up before my HDMI device is ready?

Any ideas?
Add a startup delay
(2014-03-12, 11:06)baijuxavior Wrote: Add a startup delay

Wow. Sorry about that. That one was really staring me in the face, wasn't it. I'm not usually that careless. Many apologies.

One further thing I'm struggling with: after resume XBMC was starting up windowed, so I set the fullscreen advancedsetting option to true. Now occasionally when I resume the machine XBMC thinks it's fullscreen but it's actually taking up a small portion of the display. If I then toggle fullscreen mode manually, the resolution of my entire Windows desktop is reduced to something like 640x480 and I have to reboot to fix it.

Any suggestions? I'm currently using explorer as the shell. Should I switch to XBMCLauncher? Maybe that would help? Is that the recommended shell selection anyway?
If i press Win+s an error message appears:

Failed attempt to launch program or document:
Action: <C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMCLauncher \XBMCLauncherGUI.exe>

The autostart of apps is also not working for me. Any advise how to fix this? Seems like theres a blank space too much in the path. I use XBMCLauncher v4.1.

Thanks in advance!

//edit: XBMCLauncher.ahk line 1801: run %A_ScriptDir% \XBMCLauncherGUI.exe could this be the problem?
(2014-03-13, 07:26)gizmotoy Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 11:06)baijuxavior Wrote: Add a startup delay

Wow. Sorry about that. That one was really staring me in the face, wasn't it. I'm not usually that careless. Many apologies.

One further thing I'm struggling with: after resume XBMC was starting up windowed, so I set the fullscreen advancedsetting option to true. Now occasionally when I resume the machine XBMC thinks it's fullscreen but it's actually taking up a small portion of the display. If I then toggle fullscreen mode manually, the resolution of my entire Windows desktop is reduced to something like 640x480 and I have to reboot to fix it.

Any suggestions? I'm currently using explorer as the shell. Should I switch to XBMCLauncher? Maybe that would help? Is that the recommended shell selection anyway?

I once experienced it when I switched off the tv. When switched on again, the resolution changed to 640x480 making xbmc window small. I think it is a problem with windows and hdmi.

(2014-03-13, 14:56)neeb Wrote: If i press Win+s an error message appears:

Failed attempt to launch program or document:
Action: <C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMCLauncher \XBMCLauncherGUI.exe>

The autostart of apps is also not working for me. Any advise how to fix this? Seems like theres a blank space too much in the path. I use XBMCLauncher v4.1.

Thanks in advance!

//edit: XBMCLauncher.ahk line 1801: run %A_ScriptDir% \XBMCLauncherGUI.exe could this be the problem?

Can you compile the source code and replace the existing exe file? There is a whitespace as you have pointed out, but the code works in my Win 7 32 bit system.
(2014-03-09, 16:53)mkt85 Wrote: Hi. I'm new to this forum, so hope it's OK to ask questions in this thread.

Just installed win 8.1, XBMC and XBMCLauncher. Set everything up as explained here:http://mymediaexperience.com/windows-8-xbmc-appliance/ but XBMC does not start on boot. I have also disabled UAC. What am I missing?

(2014-03-09, 17:19)baijuxavior Wrote: Start XBMCLauncher GUI or the context menu and check the settings:

1. Shell > should be XBMCLauncher
2. Startup Settings > StartXBMC when Windows starts
3. XBMC Path > Select the correct path

Run XBMCLauncher as admin if it doesn't work.

I have used these settings, and rechecked the path. I have also tried to run XBMCLauncher as admin and XBMC starts fine. But when I reboot, it still starts in metro. I´m totally blank for ideas.
(2014-03-14, 09:52)mkt85 Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 16:53)mkt85 Wrote: Hi. I'm new to this forum, so hope it's OK to ask questions in this thread.

Just installed win 8.1, XBMC and XBMCLauncher. Set everything up as explained here:http://mymediaexperience.com/windows-8-xbmc-appliance/ but XBMC does not start on boot. I have also disabled UAC. What am I missing?

(2014-03-09, 17:19)baijuxavior Wrote: Start XBMCLauncher GUI or the context menu and check the settings:

1. Shell > should be XBMCLauncher
2. Startup Settings > StartXBMC when Windows starts
3. XBMC Path > Select the correct path

Run XBMCLauncher as admin if it doesn't work.

I have used these settings, and rechecked the path. I have also tried to run XBMCLauncher as admin and XBMC starts fine. But when I reboot, it still starts in metro. I´m totally blank for ideas.

have you enabled the option, it boots directly on the desktop?
Pleas add Countdown Timer to XBMCLauncher.
XBMC 13 beta compatibility problem "restart xbmc" not gowning

Thx for XBMCLauncher nice tools
What is the purpose of adding countdown timer?

I will look at the restart code.
(2014-03-15, 17:45)baijuxavior Wrote: What is the purpose of adding countdown timer?

1 . please add an option as on the picture.
2 . if to use "XBMCLauncher 4.1" that on "XBMC 13 beta 3" the computer isn't switched off.
I write through the translator

Thanks

Forum:http://xbmc.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=4065
XBMC 13 beta 3 portable: https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=XGH...nJf3LEs%3D
I have problems to configure XBMCLauncher.
I ticked Start XBMC when Windows starts, start Windows explorer when XBMC is closed and using XBMC as shell

When I close XBMC, it goes back to metro UI interface, not windows explorer, why ?
Plus, I add programs to launch at startup with XBMC but they go in first plan, how can I do to have XBMC on first plan and not see these programs ?
(2014-03-16, 12:09)RussakHH Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 17:45)baijuxavior Wrote: What is the purpose of adding countdown timer?

1 . please add an option as on the picture.
2 . if to use "XBMCLauncher 4.1" that on "XBMC 13 beta 3" the computer isn't switched off.
I write through the translator

Thanks

Forum:http://xbmc.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=4065
XBMC 13 beta 3 portable: https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=XGH...nJf3LEs%3D

I have updated the installer with modifications. Please download and test.

(2014-03-17, 00:05)bobby8921 Wrote: I have problems to configure XBMCLauncher.
I ticked Start XBMC when Windows starts, start Windows explorer when XBMC is closed and using XBMC as shell

When I close XBMC, it goes back to metro UI interface, not windows explorer, why ?
Plus, I add programs to launch at startup with XBMC but they go in first plan, how can I do to have XBMC on first plan and not see these programs ?

I think by default when explorer starts, the metro ui is also started. I will check if there is an option to hide the metro ui once explorer is loaded.

Can you explain your problem with additional programs?. I can't understand what you are trying to say.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more20