nbox 1.0 mod
(2014-03-14, 09:59)username145 Wrote:
(2014-03-14, 00:57)Kantana Wrote: - The main menu could use an indicator to show the other options (TV Shows, Movies, Music). Perhaps this could be an idea: http://imgur.com/8DsCYxu

I like this Smile

Maybe have the selected text coloured along with the theme? (eg "Movies" would be orange)

Well I checked this out, and must say that it would very complicated to implement. Puting a static menu like the one in the mockup is very easy, but that would mean that the labels would be placed in positions not consistent with the skin. So when navigating to Music for example the label would be far to the right and thus not aligned with the music panels.

This means one needs the labels to slide to the left every time one changes the menu item. That is actually pretty easy to do, but if done so you get the problem that you dont know which menu is on the left of the currently selected category. For example if you where to navigate to tvshows in the mockup and the label would slide into position , that would mean that the Movies label would simply disappear, thus you would have no visual aid as to knowing what menu is on the left, which is the same behaviour the skin currently has.

A solution for this would be to use a wrap list, that is a list that repeats itself in a loop, but if implemented this way there is the posibility that the same menu item would appear twice on the screen.

As you can see. It ist just simply not that straight forward. The main issue is the fact that the skin home screen is not symmetrical like confluence or Aeon Nox.

The best solution I see for this is some kind of icons list, maybe on the top left that let you know where you are currently in the menu.

I will try some ideas out
Hi Community ,

NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE.

I have corrected some bugs pointed out by some of you and others I have detected (thanks for the hints).
I have also added some new functions. Check the first post for the link and details

enjoy
would someone be kin enough to mirror this? I can not download the file from the link provided
@DjCisco

Excellent skin!
I looks and behaves even better than nbox, which was a good performer on it's own (when using Rpi's)

One question though..
I'm not able to download subtitles in Gotham..

Do you or anyone else have an idea why?

Thanks in advance,

best regards, Mark
ps. This skin deserves a name of its own. In my opinion it's an evolution rather than a mod....
Used it for the last couple of days, and am really pleased with it. Like nbox though, changing the colour scheme does not change it everywhere, and a lot of the default lime green is still present, but I don't know if this is intended. Also, any chance of having the option of plot text in the video info OSD? It's not a big deal for Films, but I think it's very useful for Live TV, in addition to now/next info etc.

Quote:Personally I think episodes thumbs are horrible,since they usually represent just some random moment of the episode, so there is no consistancy whatsoever among them. But I will check if I can provide that option.

Thanks for providing the option, it looks fantastic. Since thumbnails are scraped from the web rather than from actual files (at least in my setup), I don't find them too bad, but their mileage does indeed vary.

Quote:I suppose you mean the channel list, yes correct this was removed to keep the Skin consistant, but one can activate the video on background option which would show the video of the selected channel

Thanks, that works really well!

Quote:
(2014-03-13, 09:34)username145 Wrote: - Re-positioning the "current local time" in the video OSD so that it is more visible than video timers (in a separate corner perhaps). Edit: I think timers are missing the AM/PM where applicable too, but not sure on this

I will check this

Really appreciate this. nbox made the distinction rather well I thought by having time in the top-right corner of the video info OSD, and prefacing the end time with "End time:"

(2014-03-16, 02:26)mvanderberg Wrote: ps. This skin deserves a name of its own. In my opinion it's an evolution rather than a mod....

Inclined to agree Smile

(2014-03-14, 22:35)DjCisco Wrote:
(2014-03-14, 09:59)username145 Wrote:
(2014-03-14, 00:57)Kantana Wrote: - The main menu could use an indicator to show the other options (TV Shows, Movies, Music). Perhaps this could be an idea: http://imgur.com/8DsCYxu

I like this Smile

Maybe have the selected text coloured along with the theme? (eg "Movies" would be orange)

Well I checked this out, and must say that it would very complicated to implement. Puting a static menu like the one in the mockup is very easy, but that would mean that the labels would be placed in positions not consistent with the skin. So when navigating to Music for example the label would be far to the right and thus not aligned with the music panels.

This means one needs the labels to slide to the left every time one changes the menu item. That is actually pretty easy to do, but if done so you get the problem that you dont know which menu is on the left of the currently selected category. For example if you where to navigate to tvshows in the mockup and the label would slide into position , that would mean that the Movies label would simply disappear, thus you would have no visual aid as to knowing what menu is on the left, which is the same behaviour the skin currently has.

A solution for this would be to use a wrap list, that is a list that repeats itself in a loop, but if implemented this way there is the posibility that the same menu item would appear twice on the screen.

As you can see. It ist just simply not that straight forward. The main issue is the fact that the skin home screen is not symmetrical like confluence or Aeon Nox.

The best solution I see for this is some kind of icons list, maybe on the top left that let you know where you are currently in the menu.

I will try some ideas out

Appreciate this, thanks again for looking into it. I think it goes a long way towards the Wife Acceptance Factor Smile
(2014-03-16, 02:26)mvanderberg Wrote: One question though..
I'm not able to download subtitles in Gotham..

Do you or anyone else have an idea why?

Gotham has Change the way subtitles are implemented, and thus requires changes in the Skin, the currently available Version of the MOD has no Gotham Subtitles Support. I however have a Gotham Version of the Skin, with workin subtitles. I can provide this to you if you wish.

Please have in mind that I will not be officially developing the skin for Gotham until its stable Release. Everytime I make a change on the Frodo this will also be available under the Gotham Version, but if for some reason things do not work on Gotham, I will not yet take care of it. (except for subtitles which already work)

(2014-03-16, 02:26)mvanderberg Wrote: One question though..
ps. This skin deserves a name of its own. In my opinion it's an evolution rather than a mod....

I have thought about this , I just havent come up with anything.

To all the comunity, any suggestions for names?
(2014-03-16, 11:56)DjCisco Wrote: Gotham has Change the way subtitles are implemented, and thus requires changes in the Skin, the currently available Version of the MOD has no Gotham Subtitles Support. I however have a Gotham Version of the Skin, with workin subtitles. I can provide this to you if you wish.

I would like to test the Gotham version. if that's possible...

As for a name, maybe Squares or Sometro (as in a bit metro but not).
@DjCisco

I'd also like to test the Gotham version...

Thanks in advance,

best regards, Mark
(2014-03-16, 06:10)username145 Wrote: Used it for the last couple of days, and am really pleased with it. Like nbox though, changing the colour scheme does not change it everywhere, and a lot of the default lime green is still present.

It would be great I f you could tell me where did you see that behaviour
(2014-03-17, 09:20)DjCisco Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 06:10)username145 Wrote: Used it for the last couple of days, and am really pleased with it. Like nbox though, changing the colour scheme does not change it everywhere, and a lot of the default lime green is still present.

It would be great I f you could tell me where did you see that behaviour

Upon further investigation I just realised that the "Theme" setting is changeable, whereas it was not in nbox; knew it had to be a problem on my end if you weren't seeing it Big Grin . My apologies for the bogus bug report, it works perfectly. Regarding colour, the only inconsistencies I can spot are the progress bar in the main PVR window with the channel list (I don't see the greyish colour anywhere else in the skin) and that the date in the top-right corner is white, whereas the time and day are partially coloured.
Hi Everybody ,

An pdate is avilable due to the release of the Gotham version of the MOD

Update includes migration of some PVR Windows (see first post for download links and details)
Found a bug-- in a TV show's episode view, when you reach the end the list and push the "right" key, it simply selects the previous episode. Ideally it will go back to the beginning of the list, or do nothing. Or if holding the key, go back to the beginning of the list after a short delay.

And another suggestion (sorry Tongue ), in this particular view: http://i.imgur.com/W09BM62.png I think the 3rd item should be the one selected when scrolling through the list. I find myself staring at the far end of the screen when scrolling as it is currently, which I feel defeats the purpose of a nice cover flow.
(2014-03-17, 14:12)username145 Wrote: Found a bug-- in a TV show's episode view, when you reach the end the list and push the "right" key, it simply selects the previous episode. Ideally it will go back to the beginning of the list, or do nothing. Or if holding the key, go back to the beginning of the list after a short delay.

I corrected it, it will be available on the next update

(2014-03-17, 14:12)username145 Wrote: And another suggestion (sorry Tongue ), in this particular view: http://i.imgur.com/W09BM62.png I think the 3rd item should be the one selected when scrolling through the list. I find myself staring at the far end of the screen when scrolling as it is currently, which I feel defeats the purpose of a nice cover flow.

I will check it out, but It will probably wont look good, due to the alignment of the Text labels
Hi Community,

regarding the request on Home Menu Navigation, Here is what I have come up with.

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

any thoughts?
Option1 looks really nice and clean!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nbox 1.0 mod1