OS X Gotham beta 2 crashes on launch after fresh install
I have deleted the old Gotham nightly as well as ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC and re-installed the beta 2 app but it still crashes when I try to launch it.
Crash Report
I'm open to ideas.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Please also Post a debug log (wiki) and Tell something about your used hardware (any Special audio setup?)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-03-18, 09:47)Memphiz Wrote: Please also Post a debug log (wiki) and Tell something about your used hardware (any Special audio setup?)

Sorry, no log. XBMC crashes on launch.
Sys info:
OS- 10.9.2
CPU- Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Computer- MacPro (2008)
GPU- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

No external hardware. This is just a computer I'm using to test with so I don't run into problems when I update my primary HTPC. I'm currently running a nightly from about 3 weeks ago (13.0.alpha12) on this system with no problems (restored from backup).

Thought maybe I had not installed the beta2 correctly? I deleted all prior XBMC installs and just used the installer (drag XBMC logo to Applications alias).
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Are you sure it hasn't created a xbmc.log file prior the crash?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-03-18, 13:45)Memphiz Wrote: Are you sure it hasn't created a xbmc.log file prior the crash?

No. Honestly I didn't check.Blush
I'll retry again later today.
(2014-03-18, 13:55)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-03-18, 13:45)Memphiz Wrote: Are you sure it hasn't created a xbmc.log file prior the crash?

No. Honestly I didn't check.Blush
I'll retry again later today.

Got the log. No debugging though. Don't know how I could turn it on in this situation.
XBMC log
Your default audio device is called "SoundSticks" and that one reports no valid sample rates - please change your default audio device to internal speakers for a test. Looks like a broken driver for that soundsticks device.
Thanks. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Hopefully this gets resolved though. I'll be left with only the internal speaker. On a MacPro that speaker is somewhat less than effective.
That problem is not on our side if you ask me. That audio device doesn't report any samplerate - so it is a broken driver (doesn't matter if this worked with the old engine - the new audio engine uses the low level coreaudio api - and we can't switch back to any higher level api which might have worked in the old engine - because it is just not sufficient for our needs. We already spotted a soundblaster card which also has broken core audio drivers and there fore won't work with XBMC).
Thanks. The speakers are rather old and HarmonKardon hasn't made them for quite a few years. Looks like it's time for a change.
Edit: have there been any problems with using optical out? I've got an old Onkyo AVR that I'll probably scrounge a pair of old speakers for and use it at least temporarily.
Speakers? I am talking about audio devices (something that is called "soundsticks" as of the log file). Not sure if i follow you.
Soundsticks are the HarmonKardon USB speakers I have attached to my MacPro.

Wow those really look like p0rn accessories Wink - well nothing i can do for you sadly.

Code:
21:39:05 T:140735145607952   DEBUG: EnumerateDevices:Device(SoundSticks)
21:39:05 T:140735145607952   DEBUG: EnumerateDevices:Format([lpcm] Mixable Interleaved 2 Channel 24-bit Signed Integer LE (0Hz))
21:39:05 T:140735145607952   DEBUG: EnumerateDevices:Format([lpcm] Mixable Interleaved 1 Channel 16-bit Signed Integer LE (0Hz))
21:39:05 T:140735145607952   DEBUG: EnumerateDevices:Format([lpcm] Mixable Interleaved 2 Channel 16-bit Signed Integer LE (0Hz))
21:39:05 T:140735145607952   DEBUG: EnumerateDevices:Format([lpcm] Interleaved 2 Channel 24-bit Signed Integer LE (0Hz))
21:39:05 T:140735145607952   DEBUG: EnumerateDevices:Format([lpcm] Interleaved 1 Channel 16-bit Signed Integer LE (0Hz))
21:39:05 T:140735145607952   DEBUG: EnumerateDevices:Format([lpcm] Interleaved 2 Channel 16-bit Signed Integer LE (0Hz))
(2014-03-19, 19:53)Memphiz Wrote: Wow those really look like p0rn accessories Wink - well nothing i can do for you sadly.

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Optical out would be the way to go.
I would hate to see the star(?) who used these. Thanks for the input. I really hate to get rid of something that works. Had these things for many years and they've always worked great, but I guess it's time. I'll have a hard time matching the aerodynamics though. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham beta 2 crashes on launch after fresh install0