• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
Hello everyone. First of all, thank you very much ASDE for the plugins you delivered, my BoxeeBox is not useless anymore. That being said, i have some issues with my chrome launcher plugin.

I read the discussion twice and I tried all the Script.sh files you guys posted. I am still not able to launch the Chrome Launcher via my XBMC program. When I try to launch the app, I get the following message:

Script failed! : plugin.program.chrome.launcher

I was able to download the XBMC Web Launcher addon so I am able to use NetfliXBMC perfectly on my PC (Since I can use this addon to browse the web). Although, I want the exact same setup on my boxee box in the living room. For some reason, I don't find the XBMC Web Launcher with my BoxeeBox... SO the problem is, I would need the chrome launcher to work.

I installed the netflixbmc addon, the addonscriptorDE testing repo aswell, the latest (I think) version of chrome launcher too on my boxeebox.
I installed this version of the chrome launcher on my boxee:

https://github.com/AddonScriptorDE/plugi...e.launcher

Thank you AddonScriptorDE for everything and I hope you or someone else can help me with that!

Thanks! Great forum and good job
Hi Guys,
I have got this addon working to a degree (on XBMCbuntu 12.3 Acer Revo 3600, using the 1.07 fork, with the script
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@" &
wait %2
kill %1

I am trying to use it to stream live NRL games through www.new.livestream.com/nrl which I added as a website and it opens Chromium up on that page (full address bar etc, mouse works ok)
Unfortunately video playback is just super choppy. I know I have enough bandwidth as I can stream them fine on my Windows Laptop. I tested a HD youtube video which played fine so I can only assume flash is working.
I found this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...3pid994231
I am wondering if maybe something like this could be implemented? And if it would actually help?
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I am all ears.
I know that this isn't really an issue with the script, more Chromium and how it is handling the videos but thought I would ask here and hope for the best!
Thanks in advance.
Justin
Hi Guys,

I have installed the plugin, but the chrome launcher doesn't work.

With the script
Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@" &
wait %2
kill %1
it will start nothing, only the error in german "Keine Verbindung zum Netzlaufwerk" appears.(Freely translated "No network connection")

The xbmc.log only appears:
Code:
18:57:46 T:2904542016  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
18:57:46 T:2921327424  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
18:57:46 T:2921327424  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:57:47 T:3006953280   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=no&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.de
18:57:47 T:3006953280   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=no&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.de) failed
18:57:47 T:2921327424  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
18:57:47 T:2921327424  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:57:47 T:2912934720  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Google Chrome is installed to:
/usr/bin/google-chrome
Chromium is installed to:
/usr/bin/chromium-browser

Without activating the custom chrome path,
google Chrome is starting in half screen and is not controllable. (mouse, testator and Remote are in the background -> i see it in the right half of the screen)
(I think it is because of the missing Openbox, or am I wrong here)

Could anyone help me please with this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
(2014-03-18, 20:02)thebeater Wrote: Could anyone help me please with this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

try the fork linked in post 80 of this thread with the script quoted on my following post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1625367

at least this worked for me
How do your run the custom script using openbox?
I run the custom script with the built in custom script parameter:

special://HOME/ADDONS/PLUGIN.PROGRAM.CHROME.LAUNCHER/SCRIPT.SH

I've scripted the script.sh with the upper script and customized it with tr -d "\r" < scriptold.sh > script.sh to delete the backslash r because I work with a mac osx over ssh.

BUT the solving of DaveNinja doesn't work for me .....
Noob question: I grabbed the repo. I have a fresh install of the latest XBMC release. I enable the depo and go to add the add-on, but it says it's been "marked as broken in the repository", "dependencies not met." I tried enabling debugging but nothing relevant appears in the log that I can see. I deleted addons15.db, hit force refresh a bunch, etc. and nothing changed that.

Any ideas? Is there some dependency I need to go manually install?
Does anyone know what window manager Steam OS uses?
(2014-03-26, 04:57)Nerdy3.14159265 Wrote: Does anyone know what window manager Steam OS uses?

Wrong thread mate, in fact wrong forum.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-03-26, 08:46)nickr Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 04:57)Nerdy3.14159265 Wrote: Does anyone know what window manager Steam OS uses?

Wrong thread mate, in fact wrong forum.

Sorry, I didn't think to elaborate for some reason. I posted before that I needed help getting this to work on Steam OS but no one responded. I was told in the NetfliXBMC topic that the problem I'm having is because I don't have a Window Manager running, which seems like is a common problem here. So to get this script working I need to change chromium to chrome, that's for sure. After that I also need to change openbox to the window manager that Steam OS has installed. That's the reason I asked, I guess I blanked and thought it was completely obvious what my intentions were.
I see.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
SteamOs uses steamcompmgr for both the steam + gnome sessions. What kind of troubles are you having and does chrome work from the gnome desktop session contained within steamos?
(2014-03-28, 03:20)teeedubb Wrote: SteamOs uses steamcompmgr for both the steam + gnome sessions. What kind of troubles are you having and does chrome work from the gnome desktop session contained within steamos?

When I am in the desktop session, I can easily launch and use chrome. However, when I use Big Picture mode, go to XBMC, and attempt to launch using this launcher it won't work. I end up with a narrow screen that I can't mouse in or type into. That's how I got redirected here, because someone said that it sounded like I don't have a window manager running and should attempt using the script from this thread.

From what I've gathered about the Desktop user session, it is a Gnome Desktop and it seems to use either Metacity or Mutter for the Window Manager. When I ran the command metacity --replace in console it ran and the desktop environment changed slightly but windows worked still.

When I configure Chrome Launcher to use this script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
metacity &
/usr/bin/google-chrome "$@" &
wait %2
kill %1

It ends up hanging with a little wait progress indicator at the bottom, and when that disappears nothing seems to have changed.[/code]

EDIT: I forgot to note, if it's at all important, that Netflix knows that I am not on Windows and won't let me stream when I'm in the desktop environment. I have to run it with an altered useragent like here: Pipelight FAQ. When I run it like that, it works fine.
So you're launching xbmc from with in steam bpm? Also isn't metacity 2d( I could be wrong there), so it may be better to use mutter.

It may be easier to configure gnome to autostart xbmc and then access xbmc by exiting steam to the desktop. Problem would be returning to steam BPM from xbmc as exiting xbmc will return you to the desktop. Maybe make a simple add on or use advanced launcher to run the 'return to steam' link (or even its contents) on the gnome desktop.
(2014-03-28, 04:07)teeedubb Wrote: So you're launching xbmc from with in steam bpm? Also isn't metacity 2d( I could be wrong there), so it may be better to use mutter.

It may be easier to configure gnome to autostart xbmc and then access xbmc by exiting steam to the desktop. Problem would be returning to steam BPM from xbmc as exiting xbmc will return you to the desktop. Maybe make a simple add on or use advanced launcher to run the 'return to steam' link (or even its contents) on the gnome desktop.

I do launch XBMC from big picture mode, it's a ton more convenient than having to switch to the desktop.

I think it's more likely the environment is running Mutter but I don't know how to execute that from commandline. EDIT: wmctrl shows that Mutter is the window manager.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8