• 26(current)
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
(2014-03-16, 23:19)Memphiz Wrote: Well it won't help anything we are missing the hardware for reproducing the issue. If you wanna post a log - then you need to use something more official (e.x. beta2).
Ok will do. Might be a couple of days though.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
my proposition, maybe we could look at source code from AirPlayer from Enigma2 ?

http://www.airplayer.biz/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=821

Changes since 0.3.9:
- iOS7 detection improvements
- automatic installation of openssl0.9.8 if needed
- bugfixes

or other Airplay open-source implemention maybe some one resolve this problem
We have a fix ... are you sleeping? ^^
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
any hope to have a solution for raspbmc?
(2014-03-17, 13:24)Supersimo88 Wrote: any hope to have a solution for raspbmc?

Someone have to include the fix to raspbmc.
-> As you can see here they are working on it:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176043&page=61

I switched over from raspbmc to openelec some weeks ago.
Since yesterday i run Gotham Build #0315b
-> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1653595
And airplay works fine...
miappa's March 17 Gotham test build for Raspbmc includes the Airplay fix and it seems to work as advertised. Smile
Since there was no compiled test build 10 on the first post for Linux, I merged the commits of PR:4414 into the latest commit on github and compiled. Works perfectly. Like others have said, when first connecting iPhone to wifi it'll show audio only, but after waiting a few seconds (I assume for the next announce) it switches to video.

Thanks Memphiz for all your work on this. And thanks brownard for your insight! In hindsight it makes perfect sense...but then again, doesn't every bug.

Setup: iPhone 4s/iOS 7.0.4, Ubuntu 12.04 amd64. If anyone's interested, the latest xbmc code with the patch is at https://github.com/austin1howard/xbmc .
(2014-03-19, 10:21)magnesium Wrote: Since there was no compiled test build 10 on the first post for Linux, I merged the commits of PR:4414 into the latest commit on github and compiled. Works perfectly. Like others have said, when first connecting iPhone to wifi it'll show audio only, but after waiting a few seconds (I assume for the next announce) it switches to video.

Setup: iPhone 4s/iOS 7.0.4, Ubuntu 12.04 amd64. If anyone's interested, the latest xbmc code with the patch is at https://github.com/austin1howard/xbmc .
In my testing it seems that iOS 7.1 superficially behaves differently - in 7.0x when you had the Airplay tab open as Airplay devices came and went the list would dynamically update on its own. In iOS 7.1 Apple seems to have removed that - it takes a "snapshot" of known devices when the Airplay tab is opened but it will not dynamically update. This includes devices coming and going as well as XBMC changing from the initial audio only state to video after 10 seconds. I've confirmed this with other Airplay sources such as Reflector which we use at work.

So in iOS 7.1 when you first wake the iPad it will usually show XBMC as an audio only device but the list will not update automatically after 10 seconds - tapping on the XBMC entry will however cause it to update and display as video when it becomes ticked, so it's no big deal. (Or if you close the Airplay tab and open it again it will appear as video)

Not sure why Apple did this - I'm guessing that the auto-updating list became a problem in a large environment with dozens of different Airplay devices - at work we sometimes have a dozen or more Airplay devices (Reflector) active at once and if that list updates while you're trying to click on one you sometimes end up selecting the wrong one as the list changes just as your finger is about to touch it...

Quote:Thanks Memphiz for all your work on this. And thanks brownard for your insight! In hindsight it makes perfect sense...but then again, doesn't every bug.
Memphiz: what do you think the chances are of your fix being merged before the stable release of Gotham ? I know it may be a bit too close to the final release to go in but it would be a crying shame to see it missed out when it has been broken for so long (thanks to Apple) and a solution has now been found and tested. It's not like the current implementation is working for anyone except those still left behind on iOS 5/6, so the risk of a regression seems to be low when its not working for the majority anyway.

I'm assuming that Raspbmc and OpenElec stable releases will get the fix either way as they already run builds with a number of out of mainline patches included, but it would be a shame if the vanilla Windows/Mac/Linux builds didn't get it until 13.1.
(2014-03-19, 11:04)DBMandrake Wrote: Memphiz: what do you think the chances are of your fix being merged before the stable release of Gotham ? I know it may be a bit too close to the final release to go in but it would be a crying shame to see it missed out when it has been broken for so long (thanks to Apple) and a solution has now been found and tested. It's not like the current implementation is working for anyone except those still left behind on iOS 5/6, so the risk of introducing problems seems to be low when its not working for the majority anyway.

This.
Up to our release managers.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
1. Ipad2
2. IOS 7.0.6
3. No
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes

Have the log files for each event but since they work i figure there is no need for them (if you still want them i will post them)

Can you please explain to me though me one thing? Stupid question. I tried to Airplay some videos to my HTPC (host machine win 7 x86 gotham beta2). What i mean is on the ipad i have XBMC installed. For instance im watching a sports stream on my ipad. I go to the living room to watch it on my TV (host machine) Try to airplay it but only get audio. Is this how Airplay was intented to work? Or am i is there better way of doing this that im as usual not aware of? Thank you
don't get the question - please reformulate
(2014-03-20, 19:54)Audible101 Wrote: For instance im watching a sports stream on my ipad. I go to the living room to watch it on my TV (host machine) Try to airplay it but only get audio. Is this how Airplay was intented to work? Or am i is there better way of doing this that im as usual not aware of? Thank you

If the stream isn't in the correct format, i.e. something the 'Videos' app on the iPad could decode then you will only get audio. That is just how Airplay is. It is Apples creation and is still subjected to their 'rules'.

If you were streaming something using XBMC then probably better all-round just to load said stream up on the host machine anyway.
(2014-03-21, 00:31)Platypus2 Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 19:54)Audible101 Wrote: For instance im watching a sports stream on my ipad. I go to the living room to watch it on my TV (host machine) Try to airplay it but only get audio. Is this how Airplay was intented to work? Or am i is there better way of doing this that im as usual not aware of? Thank you

If the stream isn't in the correct format, i.e. something the 'Videos' app on the iPad could decode then you will only get audio. That is just how Airplay is. It is Apples creation and is still subjected to their 'rules'.

If you were streaming something using XBMC then probably better all-round just to load said stream up on the host machine anyway.

Since the YouTube app plays html5 video, which is natively decoded it works, but I'm trying to airplay mkv format which is not natively decode it won't play. I'm I understanding it correctly? So for instance if I had a HTML5 video would that airplay from my iPads xbmc app?

Is there an add on or guide you know of that would accomplish that?
(2014-03-21, 01:28)Audible101 Wrote: Since the YouTube app plays html5 video, which is natively decoded it works, but I'm trying to airplay mkv format which is not natively decode it won't play. I'm I understanding it correctly?

Yes, correct.

(2014-03-21, 01:28)Audible101 Wrote: So for instance if I had a HTML5 video would that airplay from my iPads xbmc app?

Should do - provided it is natively decoded.

(2014-03-21, 01:28)Audible101 Wrote: Is there an add on or guide you know of that would accomplish that?

To accomplish what? Sorry not sure what you want the addon/guide to do. If you want to convert the video then there should be loads of guides around online on how to do that. If you want an addon / guide to stream an mkv then your probably better off using the iPad as a server (turning on UPnP or FTP sharing) and connecting to it on the 'host machine' that way. Short of using airplay mirroring (unsupported by XBMC) I don't think its possible to stream content from the iPad to any other device in a 'like airplay style but not airplay way'.

Unfortunately this is getting extremely off-topic, if you want to ask about how to do something unrelated to getting Airplay working with iOS 7, you best create a new topic before Memphiz gets annoyed Wink
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices7