• 40(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
I do not fully understand your request..
Could you explain it by using an example and the idea behind it?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Sorry i'll explain a bit more. Current TMM writes my UK certification as something like;

<certification>GB:15/UK:15<certification>

I believe this method was used because different skins use different prefixes to determine which ratings to apply. However this conflicts with the Cinema Experience when pulling ratings videos (minor niggle, I know). I've been in the process of individually editing my nfo to just the prefix UK: I then remembered that the Universal Movie scraper has the option to choose your own prefix. I guess this would help if a new skin decides to implement yet another prefix to pull ratings information.
ok, after looking into the CinemaExperiance source, i can see the 'rating' problem Big Grin

I did a small change on that:
When certification language = US, then the MPAA rating strings (like "Rated PG") are written to the XBMC <mpaa> field (without US: prefix); <certification> field stays as is.
When certification language = GB, then we solely write now UK: prefixes (although GB is offical, no one uses that anyway)

It's not 100% correct, since its an mpaa field and we cannot map other certs 1:1 into that scheme... but the most skins & co don't care anyway....

hth
Myron
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2014-03-20, 00:56)myron Wrote: ok, after looking into the CinemaExperiance source, i can see the 'rating' problem Big Grin

I did a small change on that:
When certification language = US, then the MPAA rating strings (like "Rated PG") are written to the XBMC <mpaa> field (without US: prefix); <certification> field stays as is.
When certification language = GB, then we solely write now UK: prefixes (although GB is offical, no one uses that anyway)

It's not 100% correct, since its an mpaa field and we cannot map other certs 1:1 into that scheme... but the most skins & co don't care anyway....

hth
Myron

Thanks for the prompt response Myron, i appreciate it! Big Grin
I have a problem I hope someone can help me with.
I have all my 300+ movies as single files in one directory. What is the quickfix (if any) to have tiny mediamanager to treat each file as an induvidual movie.

Or if it is possible to sort the files out in induvidual folders via the CMD command.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks
Alphahelix
there is the "detect multiple movies per folder" checkbox within the movie settings. (default off)
You might want to activate this, and do again an "update datasource" to detect them Smile

Do a "rename & cleanup" after scraping, to get them into own folder... (optional)
thanks, Smile

And what do you know... 303 movies now in the libary. Only 6 was not reconized.

SWEET, nice little program. I recomend using it.

/Alphahelix
Hey guys, first of all, very nice work. Second, I have been using ViMediaManager for years and I just discovered Tiny today. I was thinking of moving over for one big reason and that is the fact that it is being constantly developed and improved on. VM has been great for me and Vidal did a kick butt job maintaining it, however i'm looking for something a bit faster. Anyone in here ever use VM before and if so can you tell me how it compares to tiny.

Question for Dev: I have my VM database with thousands of movies and tv shows with good metadata, if I add my source to tiny, will it scrub the pre-existing data and start new or use current data?
Thumbs Up 
(2014-03-21, 15:52)Alphahelix_DK Wrote: thanks, Smile

And what do you know... 303 movies now in the libary. Only 6 was not reconized.

SWEET, nice little program. I recomend using it.

/Alphahelix

I agree, its faster then all the others I have tried out there and now I have a clean setup going.
thanks to the Developer, great job.

Fast, Light and does the job.. what more could you want?Nod
I am also in agreement that tmm is lightning fast. I've recently switch over from media companion but the one thing I miss about mc is that it gives you the option to select different artwork (both for covers/posters and fanart). Adding that option would be the cherry on top for me. Wink

To the tmm devs, great job and thank you for the program.
Would it technically be possible to get this running on a synology NAS? This seems to me to be an ideal "self-contained" solution for scraping media stored on my NAS, instead of having to use a different computer to scrape everything over the network.
(2014-03-23, 17:26)JxPx Wrote: Question for Dev: I have my VM database with thousands of movies and tv shows with good metadata, if I add my source to tiny, will it scrub the pre-existing data and start new or use current data?
Never tried Vi, but TMM just reads all the .nfo files and builds its own DB
Just give it a try Smile

(2014-03-24, 05:48)blueturtles Wrote: the one thing I miss about mc is that it gives you the option to select different artwork (both for covers/posters and fanart)
It is already possible?
On scraping you should get prompted with all found posters & fanarts?! No?
Either that, or you have the "automatically download images" checkbox activated within movie settings ^^

(2014-03-24, 08:44)phool Wrote: Would it technically be possible to get this running on a synology NAS?
Well, kinda Smile
Dunno if already a java version is available for your Syno box, but if yes, i guess it would work.
Only in commandline, of course, so no GUI. But scraping & co is all possible on commandline, see here
(We might need to tweak the TMM updater, and the mediainfo detection, but should be all possible)
Wasn't sure where to post feature requests and bug reports and i didn't want to start a new thread for it, so I give it a try in here:
  • please add the option to downscale utterly large posters just as you do for fanart. Maybe also make the quality factor adjustable. It's insane to store a 3 MB poster along a movie - especially when using those files on low power devices like the PI
  • please sort the movie sets alphabetically in all dropdowns (like movie edit window) - you can't find a thing when ordered by uid
  • I've configured the video scraper to use "folder.ext" and "movie.ext" naming for posters - but this is not working at all. I always get poster.jpg and sometimes changes are not applied (no files (over)written)
  • don't try to extract mediainfos from .iso and .disc (stubs) files. ISOs don't seem to work anyways and stub files won't have any
  • add an option to cleanup the library OR automatically remove movies within a given share that where no longer present when share got rescanned (when rebuilding the entire library you'll loose all movie set info as well, like tmdb ID, which is not that nice when you renamed stuff)
24.03.2014 - version 2.5.5
+ enhanced writing of certification to the XBMC NFO
x fixed media info loading problems for some users (JNA update to 4.1)
x fixed a bug where an invalid config.xml prevented tmm from starting
x fixed a bug when building the TV show tree
x fixed a bug where some settings got lost when updating
x fixed writing of the watched flag to the XBMC TV show episode NFO

@da-anda
- if I got you right: we do only downscale artwork for caching inside tmm; we do not reencode/shrink artwork except the extrathumbs (because thumbs should be as small as possible). If you want smaller images, just change the poster size in the settings
- good point - noticed
- it was a bug and should be resolved with 2.5.5
- I'll have a look at this; IIRC we already disabled MI for disc images
- with a scan for your datasource there is already a cleanup - moved/deleted movies will get removed from the tmm database.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
@mlaggner
- as for the ISO MI - every time I rescan the folder it tries to get MI from isos and it's taking ages - so doesn't look like those are skipped
- as for image size - I set posters to 1000x1500, but sometimes get larger ones by the scraping process (or there are only larger ones or way too small ones). Larger ones should be rescaled to configured resolution (intelligent ofc - so within aspect ratio)
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7