OS X Gotham beta 2 crashes on launch after fresh install
I have downloaded the beta 2, it now crashes about 1 second after opening. Everytime. I have also downloaded nightly builds, reinstalled frodo. I am running a 2011 Macbook Pro w/ OS 10.9.2. I can no longer get any XBMC version to work. They all crash about 1 second after opening. Included is a copy/paste of the problem report.

http://pastebin.com/ZL8Zs7gd

edit by memphiz: moved shit to pastebin
If you paste the crash report to pastebin and just post a link here it makes them much easier to read. You should also paste a link to your xbmc log.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-03-24, 17:36)FireManDan Wrote: I have downloaded the beta 2, it now crashes about 1 second after opening. Everytime. I have also downloaded nightly builds, reinstalled frodo. I am running a 2011 Macbook Pro w/ OS 10.9.2. I can no longer get any XBMC version to work. They all crash about 1 second after opening. Included is a copy/paste of the problem report.

http://pastebin.com/ZL8Zs7gd

edit by memphiz: moved shit to pastebin

remove your /Users/<yourusername>/Libraray/Application Support/XBMC/userdate/guisettings.xml and it should work again (it was crashing in the pvr manager - if you don't use pvr you should keep it turned off (pvr is the livetv feature).

Also never post those logs in the forum again but use pastebin.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
remove your /Users/<yourusername>/Libraray/Application Support/XBMC/userdate/guisettings.xml and it should work again (it was crashing in the pvr manager - if you don't use pvr you should keep it turned off (pvr is the livetv feature).

Also never post those logs in the forum again but use pastebin.
[/quote]

Hey, really sorry about that. It's my first time here.
Also sorry in advance as I am not great at computers. I can't find a library folder or an application support folder. Any idea where this would be hiding? I searched in finder.
(2014-03-24, 21:35)FireManDan Wrote: Hey, really sorry about that. It's my first time here.
Also sorry in advance as I am not great at computers. I can't find a library folder or an application support folder. Any idea where this would be hiding? I searched in finder.

Your user library is probably hidden. One way to access is- from Finder press Option key while pulling down the Go menu. Library should be one of the options available.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-03-24, 22:15)wgstarks Wrote: [quote='FireManDan' pid='1662303' dateline='1395689707']

Your user library is probably hidden. One way to access is- from Finder press Option key while pulling down the Go menu. Library should be one of the options available.

IT WORKED! Thank you guys so much!
@wgstarks could you do me a favour and test your soundsticks with this version and post a debug log? I wanna check something (might have figured out how to detect the supported sample rates for some special devices like sound sticks)

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-05-20, 08:39)Memphiz Wrote: @wgstarks could you do me a favour and test your soundsticks with this version and post a debug log? I wanna check something (might have figured out how to detect the supported sample rates for some special devices like sound sticks)

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg

Ok. I'll try and do it tonight, but it might be a couple of days. I've got a new unRaid server I'm trying I get setup.
@ Memphiz-
Just a couple of quick tests but it looks good. First debug is at 48khz.
48khz Debug Log

Second debug is at 44.1 kHz.
44.1 kHz Debug Log

This isn't really what I would call extensive testing. Smile But it's all I had time for tonight. Looks to be working though to me. Let me know if there are any specific tests you want.
sry i should have make it clearer ... you should not even test ... i was just interested in the enumeration at the start of the log Wink - thx a bunch ... i now know why that thingy reported samplerate 0 - just need to know how to handle it even more properly Wink.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham beta 2 crashes on launch after fresh install0