• 58(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
I'm probably missing something, but how do I enable shuffle? I can't find it in XBMC Audio options, nor in Spotimc.
just installed this on the latest version of Frodo....i'm on W7 and using the Aeon nox skin
it seems to install fine but when i try to launch it i get an error 'script failed spotimc.py'

this is what it spits out in the log;

http://pastebin.com/n96bzFc4
I'm on Beta5, and music is playing - brilliant... slight snag - the audio quality out of the analog jack is appalling. far worse than if i was streaming from Radio or watching movies.. disapointing.

I've bought an ALSA USB dongle, so am looking into how this integrates... As ever never really sure what the chances of breaking anything will be - i'm running Gotham beta... and booting with this puppy connected i get extra output device choices:

PI: HDMI
PI: Analogue
ALSA: Default (USB PnP Sound Device Analog)
ALSA: USB PnP Sound Device, Analog
ALSA: USB PnP Sound Device S/PDIF

Just realised i'm getting similar poor audio out of the analog jack when listing to Chill via the Radio add on. Good Old BBC stations like 6 Music are fine. Maybe it's a wierd Codec??

edit - OK so sources that sound good are WMA variable bitrate. Sources that sound ropey are 44.1Khz MP3... including spotimc
The sound quality of the analog jack on a Raspberry Pi is poor, period.

Have a look at the circuit diagram and you'll see why. Nothing that software can do about that. Use HDMI or an external DAC.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
(2014-03-31, 01:37)DBMandrake Wrote: The sound quality of the analog jack on a Raspberry Pi is poor, period.

Have a look at the circuit diagram and you'll see why. Nothing that software can do about that. Use HDMI or an external DAC.

I'll look out the diagram and take a look, not sure I'll be able to spot the reasons... So I'll take your word for it Smile

I do find it interesting how there can be such a drastic difference between the two types of sources. 1 is totally listenable... The other is absolutely not. I had read how the analog jack was rubbish so was always surprised how the content I was listening to was OK. I'll do a video soon to try to explain better.
(2014-03-29, 14:35)Dina Wrote: I'm probably missing something, but how do I enable shuffle? I can't find it in XBMC Audio options, nor in Spotimc.
You can enable Shuffle on any XBMC playback window, like OSD playback one (press 'M' while playing something), and on Spotimc's now playing window (also while playing).

(2014-03-29, 20:25)snafu7x7 Wrote: just installed this on the latest version of Frodo....i'm on W7 and using the Aeon nox skin
it seems to install fine but when i try to launch it i get an error 'script failed spotimc.py'

this is what it spits out in the log;

http://pastebin.com/n96bzFc4
Seems that you downloaded the package from the wrong location, since some dependencies appear to be missing (like additional packages and binary deps). The proper download packages can be found on the following location:
http://azkotoki.org/downloads/

(2014-03-31, 00:45)kaiserkeiser Wrote: I'm on Beta5, and music is playing - brilliant... slight snag - the audio quality out of the analog jack is appalling. far worse than if i was streaming from Radio or watching movies.. disapointing.

I've bought an ALSA USB dongle, so am looking into how this integrates... As ever never really sure what the chances of breaking anything will be - i'm running Gotham beta... and booting with this puppy connected i get extra output device choices:

PI: HDMI
PI: Analogue
ALSA: Default (USB PnP Sound Device Analog)
ALSA: USB PnP Sound Device, Analog
ALSA: USB PnP Sound Device S/PDIF

Just realised i'm getting similar poor audio out of the analog jack when listing to Chill via the Radio add on. Good Old BBC stations like 6 Music are fine. Maybe it's a wierd Codec??

edit - OK so sources that sound good are WMA variable bitrate. Sources that sound ropey are 44.1Khz MP3... including spotimc
It could be related to some codec issue... Spotimc tracks are .wav files at 44.1Khz & 16bit (rarely at 48Khz, but it depends on the raw PCM data served by libspotify).
Now Spotify have changed the way they handle music collections, no longer in playlists and i don't use playlists in the same way i have to search for everything now.

I needs to have Albums Artists and Songs added
Brilliant! Smile

Am running this on an Openelec build on a PI with Gotham and all seems to be working flawlessly! I have been looking for something like this for a long time now!

Thanks again to the OP!!
This is plugin is awesome!
I'm running it on a raspberry pi hooked up to a touchscreen. I really love the big buttons, since it makes clicking objects a lot easier, however, is there a way make the list when scrolling through playlists or song bigger? It's really hard to hit with a touchscreen.

Thanks in advance,
Kudos!
Lots of Kudos!
Since OpenELEC updated to beta 3.95.7 I have been experiencing some crashes and reboots of XBMC. Typically this occurs when I use the menu to the left and select Browser Artist.

Are the radio stations on Spotify going to be supported?
iTunes is considered the king of mobile music services. However, Spotify is now running faster in order to overtake the king

*)news Source : Spotify Mobile Music Services Outperform iTunes in Europe
Is there going to be a new version to be compatible with the new spotify features in the new spotify release ?
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I've done a search and I didn't find anything.

Is there a way to control Spotimc with the official XBMC Remote app for iOS? Because I tried and it gives me an error:

Code:
XBMC JSON-RPC Error: Invalid params.
(Code: -32602)
Data: (null)

METHOD
Files.GetDirectory

PARAMETERS
{directory="script://script.audio.spotimc";"file_properties"=(thumbnail);media=music;sort={ignorearticle=0;method=none;order=ascending;};}

Thanks for the great add-on!
Hi all,

Currently having some issues with Spotimc and the artistslideshow addon.

I like to press "Tab" when playing tracks which shows a nice screen with the playing song and music info.
With Gotham, i am missing the Artist information. It does not load.
It seems like artistslideshow is not launched when launching spotimc. Because when spotimc is running and i launch artistslideshow manually it does work.

Does anyone know a quick fix for this?
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32