• 133(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
Ok, thanks for the quick reply Smile
to be honest, i havent read and i dont want to read all 132 pages ... could you tell me, how to fix the problem with the artist picture? Im using the following directory structure:
music
--- artist 1
------ album 1
------ album 2
--- artist 2

In the settings of cdart manager i added the music directory, so its using the existing folders only adding the pictures and the extrafanart in there. Hence xbmc finds the folder.* image to display it in the database.
But how do i handle that with the two directorys ACDC and AC/DC? xbmc cant find any artist image in ACDC (since its in AC/DC). I could easily fix it by hand (eather coppy folder.* in ACDC or get rid of ACDC and put the content in AC/DC ) but im hoping for a better way to handle that.

any help would be appreciated
(2014-03-25, 10:16)bottom Wrote: Ok, thanks for the quick reply Smile
to be honest, i havent read and i dont want to read all 132 pages ...
I never said read all the messages I said search.. Use the forum search.
Im sry for testing ur patience. I already had used the search thread function yesterday and couldnt find anything. Did some more searching right now - and there it was Smile
Thanks for ur help, problem solved
Hi all
I am in the process of getting my music in shape and I can not figure out how to get this to download art locally I cant get it to do much of anything

this is my music structure
Artist
album
song

if some one would be kind enough to tell me in a foolproof way how to get this to work

ztrust
Can some one confirm that using the automatic download will not overwrite my existing fanart?

I have hundreds of hand picked fanarts saved in the artists folders but I want to start using extrafanarts. As I understand it will only download the extrafanart in auto and I just don't want it to overwrite my existing manually chosen fanart.jpgs.

Thanks I have searched and haven't been able to find a definitive answer yet.
(2014-04-02, 04:20)Lionverse Wrote: Can some one confirm that using the automatic download will not overwrite my existing fanart?

I have hundreds of hand picked fanarts saved in the artists folders but I want to start using extrafanarts. As I understand it will only download the extrafanart in auto and I just don't want it to overwrite my existing manually chosen fanart.jpgs.

Thanks I have searched and haven't been able to find a definitive answer yet.

If there is already a 'fanart.jpg' file existing the script will not overwrite it during auto download. In fact if the filenames in extrafanart already exist it also will not overwrite them. The only way to over write the 'fanart.jpg' is to manually select and download the file with the script.
Great and thanks for the supper fast reply!
If I have added some cdart to my music collection, how do I get CDart manager to add them to its list. Every time I update CDart manager, all it wants to do is go off to fanart.TV and see if there are any new artwork. It doesn't want to grab any of the local stuff. I've created them via "Gimp" software and called them cdart.PNG but the addon doesn't add them.

Edit: have just change over to Gotham beta 3 and noticed that I can not see any cdART in the add on any more. I can see logos, thumbnails etc. But no CDs. Don't know if it was like this before updating to beta 3. Have just spent 3 hours updating the database but still no CD art. I can see the name of the album, but no artwork.
(2014-04-02, 10:39)bolter Wrote: If I have added some cdart to my music collection, how do I get CDart manager to add them to its list. Every time I update CDart manager, all it wants to do is go off to fanart.TV and see if there are any new artwork. It doesn't want to grab any of the local stuff. I've created them via "Gimp" software and called them cdart.PNG but the addon doesn't add them.

Edit: have just change over to Gotham beta 3 and noticed that I can not see any cdART in the add on any more. I can see logos, thumbnails etc. But no CDs. Don't know if it was like this before updating to beta 3. Have just spent 3 hours updating the database but still no CD art. I can see the name of the album, but no artwork.

If your on Windows and using NFS, then your art may not be appearing due to a bug with NFS library bundled with XBMC. It only fails for Windows users who have shares accessed over NFS. If this isn't your scenartio, ignore this post.
(2014-04-02, 20:51)gibxxi Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 10:39)bolter Wrote: If I have added some cdart to my music collection, how do I get CDart manager to add them to its list. Every time I update CDart manager, all it wants to do is go off to fanart.TV and see if there are any new artwork. It doesn't want to grab any of the local stuff. I've created them via "Gimp" software and called them cdart.PNG but the addon doesn't add them.

If your on Windows and using NFS, then your art may not be appearing due to a bug with NFS library bundled with XBMC. It only fails for Windows users who have shares accessed over NFS. If this isn't your scenartio, ignore this post.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm using SMB for my transfer
(2014-04-03, 00:25)bolter Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 20:51)gibxxi Wrote:

Thanks for the reply, but I'm using SMB for my transfer

I am still getting weird results from cdART manager. Everything works fine except CD art (Logos, Thumbnails etc. show up). When I update my database, it says it's downloading new cdart.png files but when I go to look, the folders are empty. I also created a backup directory, and watched the results being displayed at the top of the screen during the backup. It said that "png" files were being copied to the backup directory, but when I went and look, all that was there were empty artist directories. In the addon GUI I get names of the PNG files but no PNG files.
Before all this started, The png files that were already downloaded were showing correctly. But after updating the database, they are no longer there. I have also noticed, that if I download a png file, that png file will be in the addon data directory for cdART manager. Is this what's supposed to happen. I have also tried both SMB and NFS transfer systems, both behave the same.

I am running - Windows 7, Gotham beta 3 and the latest Git of Aeon Nox 4.1.9.7

Below is the debug log for when I was running the backup function. please note, that I cancelled halfway through the backup and also through writing the missing files txt file as it would have taken too long.
Don't know what I'm looking at, but just a quick look in the log file and all seems ok, it even said it wrote the files (which is incorrect)

http://pastebin.com/11JsyQ3s
Giftie,

I notice that the advanced option "Clean XBMC's Music Library" doesn't produce a progress dialog box like "Update Library" does. The "Auto Library Updater" add-on does include such a progress dialog box (which differs to the one that is used if the <cleanonupdate> option is used in your advancedsettings.xml).

The UI at present in cdART manager simply "locks up" when a music library clean is performed, offering no visual feedback until the process completes, where control and responsiveness are restored. Tested with Aeon MQ5 / Gotham Beta 3.
Hi everybody, I am again experiencing a few minor troubles with this lovely add-on. I am calling cdart-manager using JSON-RPC, works fine so far, using the "autoall" option. According to the log file, the behaviour is as expected:

00:23:37 T:140328921196288 NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: ######## Artwork Downloader: Initializing...............................
00:23:37 T:140328921196288 NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: ## Add-on Name = Artwork Downloader
00:23:37 T:140328921196288 NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: ## Version = 12.0.24
00:23:38 T:140329734895360 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Checking for new Artwork on fanart.tv since last run

and

00:23:57 T:140329734895360 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Start method - Autodownload all artwork in background
00:23:57 T:140329734895360 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Start method - Autodownload cdart in background

Fine so far. However, I reach a point where

00:30:41 T:140329734895360 NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Start method - Autodownload clearlogo in background

Here, additional artwork (clearlogo, fanart, …) for artists present in the xbmc-library is not being downloaded. Does the addon-DB need to be updated in order to get it right? If I run the downloads from within the add-on itself, it is working as expected. Only remote starting of cdart-manager does not work as expected.

Thanks in advance.
As I just ran into the following error on my raspbmc installation (UI shows just script error):
Quote:13:32:42 T:2718946368 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named PIL
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py", line 98, in <module>
from download import auto_download
File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/download.py", line 6, in >
from PIL import Image
ImportError: No module named PIL
-->End of Python script error report<--

And in case somebody has the same issue on his Raspberry Pi:
Log on via ssh to your Pi and install the missing python module via
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-imaging

Now it's running for me, scanning database Smile
Thanks for the great plugin!
Im having trouble running the script with the amber skin. With confluence its working totally fine, but with cofluence the scripts gui doesnt open up - seems to be some kind of skin related issue.
Reinstalling (+ removing all files) did not resolve the problem...
Starting the script (with amber) produces the following errors in the log file:
Code:
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR: EXCEPTION: XML File for Window is missing
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR:   File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py", line 535, in <module>
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR:     ui = gui.GUI( "script-cdartmanager.xml" , __addon__.getAddonInfo('path'), "Default")
13:00:56 T:2734683200   ERROR: RuntimeError: XML File for Window is missing
In case its needed: here are the complete logs:
normal log: http://pastebin.com/KSdpNYhk
debug log: http://pastebin.com/xtVkDynA

I would really appreciate any kind of help!
Greetings bottom
  • 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6