• 6(current)
[RELEASE] SpeedFan Information Display
Does this work in linux? is there a how-to? if not can it then be removed in Linux repo from showing u since it is definetly not of use.
(2014-01-10, 00:38)uNiversal Wrote: Does this work in linux? is there a how-to? if not can it then be removed in Linux repo from showing u since it is definetly not of use.

It technically works under Linux, in the sense that it runs. But Speedfan itself is a Windows app. So the only thing you could do with it under Linux is point it to a log file on a a Windows box so you could see the information from the remote machine. That said, if there is a standard or popular program in Linux that reports similar data, I would not be opposed to trying to map that log data to the stuff I'm doing with this program.

As for removing it from the Linux repo, that would be fine with me, I just don't know what needs to be done to accomplish that.
Nothing really, if it could be extended to show what lm_sensors reports fan speeds, then I guess its useful.

I rather see something extended to work rather than just being there because.

Thank you.
I can't use network drives anymore, and I think your Addon doesn't support SMB.
Am I right? Would it be a lot of work to get SMB support?

regards
I did some searching, and It appears it would be a metric crap ton of work to get direct SMB support, and I'm not sure it will work consistently across platforms. The best thing to do is to mount your remote file system using the native mount options of your OS (i.e. on Windows map a drive). From there you can then point SpeedFanInfoDisplay to the remote file via the path of that local mount point.
(2014-04-03, 19:21)pkscuot Wrote: I did some searching, and It appears it would be a metric crap ton of work to get direct SMB support, and I'm not sure it will work consistently across platforms. The best thing to do is to mount your remote file system using the native mount options of your OS (i.e. on Windows map a drive). From there you can then point SpeedFanInfoDisplay to the remote file via the path of that local mount point.

I lied. I think I found a way for SpeedFanInfoDisplay to read from an SMB file path using the built in XBMC virtual file system. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a conference, but when I get back I'll see if I can get some code written and post a beta.
Oh that sounds great!
Since I'm on Gotham and Win 8.1, my mapped drives won't appear in XBMC. I dunno whats the matter.
Just local drives, like my SSD or my DVD drive are recognized. USB, too.
I tried SMB - so much for that Big Grin

Since a few weeks, im using robocopy, to get a exact copy of my SFlogs from my server, to my HTPC.
It works but it's kinda annoyingUndecided

Yesterday I posted my prob in the Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD
But great that you found a "easy" way to get it done.

Again, thank you for your efforts Smile
Hi

I've built a wonderful fanless HTPC, but sometimes it gets its knickers in a twist, and it gets really hot. I haven't been able to figure out what causes it, but it helps rebooting.

So I thought I'd look for a way monitor the CPU temperature, and I stumbled on your brilliant addon.

HOWEVER Blush

It would be super cool if you could add temperature trigger levels to your addon, and alert me when they are exceeded, so I would know when to reboot.
NEW BETA RELEASE

This beta should allow you to use any remote or local share supported by XBMC when pointing to the log file directory.

v.0.5.6.4
- change to read smaller chunks of the log file
- change over to xbmcvfs to read files from remote hosts
- fixed crash when log file can't be parsed
- updated language files

https://github.com/pkscout/script.speedf...master.zip
(2014-04-04, 14:51)thomasd Wrote: It would be super cool if you could add temperature trigger levels to your addon, and alert me when they are exceeded, so I would know when to reboot.

SpeedFan Information Display isn't really designed to do ongoing monitoring of your temperatures. It's meant to be a quick peek.

I did check the SpeedFan documentation, and it appears that SpeedFan itself has some ways to provide you feedback (even including email) when certain events happen. You might check that out and see if it would work for you.

http://www.almico.com/sfarticle.php?id=4
I could do that, but I just think it would be much nicer to be alerted on the telly instead.

I know nothing about XBMC programming, but I see litte alerts from time to time from addon when they've updated and such, and I thought you might show one of those.

If you think it is outside the scope that is of course your decision. But there might be other users who would appreciate it :-)
(2014-04-04, 16:05)thomasd Wrote: I could do that, but I just think it would be much nicer to be alerted on the telly instead.

I know nothing about XBMC programming, but I see litte alerts from time to time from addon when they've updated and such, and I thought you might show one of those.

If you think it is outside the scope that is of course your decision. But there might be other users who would appreciate it :-)

The way SpeedFanInfoDisplay is designed, it only parses the log when its window is open. To do continual parsing would require it to be rewritten as a service addon, and that's more than I want to do.

That said, there may be a way to have SpeedFan trigger an event that would tell XBMC to display one of those pop ups. I may look at that and see what I can figure out.
You could execute a command at x° C/F. Eg reboot the system immediatly.
NEW BETA RELEASE

v.1.5.7.2
- added option to suppress all logging

https://github.com/pkscout/script.speedf...master.zip

This is a really minor release that adds the option to suppress all logging. Because I had to add a setting, it'll be awhile before all the translations catch up. So this probably won't get pushed into the repo for quite a bit. But if you really need to have the option to suppress logging, you can use this beta.
NEW BETA AVAILABLE

v.0.6.0~beta1
- fix for crash when using smb path

Available from my add-on beta repo at:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...-1.0.2.zip

or via direct download from:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...Ebeta1.zip
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SpeedFan Information Display0