• 51(current)
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on
Does anyone have the MLBMC HLS working in linux/oe for the higher res streams this season?
Does anyone know what the higher bitrates are?
(2014-04-03, 01:36)rbrohman Wrote: Does anyone have the MLBMC HLS working in linux/oe for the higher res streams this season?

I'm running the latest stable version of OpenElec and everything except Full count is working for me. Not sure where that went to. Can't comment on paid subscription feed though as I am just on the free feed.
(2014-04-04, 02:44)vijayk416 Wrote: I'm running the latest stable version of OpenElec and everything except Full count is working for me. Not sure where that went to. Can't comment on paid subscription feed though as I am just on the free feed.
HLS version (as in, HD feeds)?

If so, could you do us a favour and report back with the bitrate options that you have available?

Thank you
Okay. Just to confirm I am running:
OE Generic x64 3.95.3
MLBMC(mlb-hls) v0.1.5

General settings hls is flagged on
MLB-HLS settings HLS is enabled, Lock bitrate flag on, start bitrate at 4.5Mb all other flag off or set to default.
I'm running exact same version of Oe, but I can't even install the HLS version. Tells me that I'm missing dependencies. Did you have HLS version installed prior to upgrading OE? Or did you have to do anything special?

Thanks again
Ok, I managed to get the HLS version of the plugin working again on my RasPi running Raspbmc.

It required a little code modification after reviewing the debug logs - there's something in there about postseason blackout checks that it's not playing nice with. I'm a moron and forgot to save a copy before I started, so no diff file. It's an easy change, though.

Go to line 244 in the plugin folder/resources/mlbtv.py - it's building a display string, and it's trying to append a blackout status on the end (just cosmetic - you don't need it, really)

Delete that if/elif statement so you're left with:

Code:
name = coverage+' - '+call_letters

From there's it's working fine. I'm getting a 4500 stream coming down.

Edit 4/5: Well, sort of working - it will throw another error if you have "get innings list" enabled in the plugin options, and you try to open a game before it's started. I think the HLS version of the code is an older codebase than the non-HLS plugin. If I get ambitious, I'll see if I can merge/update the HLS code into the current plugin. Don't hold your breath though. I'm very amateur when it comes to Python.
(2014-04-04, 03:40)rbrohman Wrote: I'm running exact same version of Oe, but I can't even install the HLS version. Tells me that I'm missing dependencies. Did you have HLS version installed prior to upgrading OE? Or did you have to do anything special?

Thanks again

I just tried to install the HLS version, and I also got the dependencies error. (Openelec Gotham Beta 4)
(2014-04-05, 04:26)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 03:40)rbrohman Wrote: I'm running exact same version of Oe, but I can't even install the HLS version. Tells me that I'm missing dependencies. Did you have HLS version installed prior to upgrading OE? Or did you have to do anything special?

Thanks again

I just tried to install the HLS version, and I also got the dependencies error. (Openelec Gotham Beta 4)

OK, so I got it to work... do not install from within XBMC... extract the contents into the /storage/.xbmc/addons folder and it will work fine.
(2014-04-05, 05:48)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 04:26)sdsnyr94 Wrote:

Thanks again

OK, so I got it to work... do not install from within XBMC... extract the contents into the /storage/.xbmc/addons folder and it will work fine.

Thanks - it's been a while since I last had to manually install like this, I had forgotten it was an option.

I downloaded the HLS v1.0.51 zip file from: https://code.google.com/p/mlbmc-xbmc/downloads/list and then unzipped to the addons folder. Reboot XBMC and then configured the app. I was then getting a script error which the log file suggested was related to the blackout settings, just as bdjohns1 had encountered. So I made the edit to the mlbtv.py file he suggested and now I'm all set. 4.5Mbps stream looks gorgeous!

Thanks to you both for your help!
I'm bad at Python and I'm having a hard time making the edit and then having the app work. Is there a way I can get an updated edited version of the file?
I've uploaded the content of my mlbtv.py file and you can grab it here: http://pastebin.com/0kSK0RsH

Make a copy of your current file and then copy and paste from above.
Thanks a lot rbrohman! I'm running MLBMC on a minix neo x7 flawlessly, but when I try the HLS version I keep getting a script error. It sees me as logged in to my account and I can get as far as picking the game and what network I want, but when I click on my desired feed I get a script error. Any thoughts?
In the addon settings, in the MLB-HLS tab, the very last option is "Locate your mlbhls executable". Have you gone there and pointed to the correct mlbhls file? For me on a 64bit OpenElec build, I point to the file in "storage\.xbmc\addons\plugin.video.mlbmc.hls\resources\mlbhls\openelec-mlbhls\x86_64".
That's a great question, whether or not it's pointing to the right executable and I honestly don't know if this app is configured to work on the minix neo x7, as there is no folder for it like the openelc folder. I see the two mlbhls files in the openelc folder and an mlbhls.exe file in the source folder. If I point to any of them I still get the script error, "plugin.video.mlbhc.hls"
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on7