Tronsmart vega s89
Anyone try this as an Xbmc box? A friend saw this and sent it over asking if it would be a good box.
It's brand new. Give it a few weeks. I'd like to know as well.
Ok anyone know if this is the same as the measy 4k? Looks the same but saw some places selling it as that and others as the vega
Look at the fire tv thread. It's 30 pages + in and it's been out for a few days and they're still working to get it to work. That's what's happening with all these new boxes coming out.

Wait a couple of weeks first.
You mean the fire TV? Yea I been watching didn't know it was going to be so huge.
(2014-04-06, 02:31)ilovemymac Wrote: Anyone try this as an Xbmc box? A friend saw this and sent it over asking if it would be a good box.

I've ordered this one a couple of days ago, I'll try to write up something when it gets here.
I don't, however, think that i represent well the needs of the public, since I've no sound system what so ever and don't usually consume 1080p content. vOv
Do a search here for Tronsmart,.....you're going to find some pretty interesting reading.
I don't know what your taking about. Explain
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150153

That thread should be required reading for anyone thinking of posting about a new Android box/stickTongue
Shirley you're joking!

No, and don't call me Shirley.

Big Grin
Yea they have some junk boxes so does every company. I am most interested in the new minix x8 that will be coming according to my rep at minix. It will feature the same chip. And minix has a good rep of providing support.
(2014-04-09, 11:58)mayoman Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150153

That thread should be required reading for anyone thinking of posting about a new Android box/stickTongue

EXACTLY! That's the thread I was referencing.
I just bought one this morning. I am no pro at this as the S89 will be my first box set ever. I really plan to just stream from the different XBMC add-ons. My sound system consist of an old low end RCA with only 3.1 hooked up (L,C,R, Sub) . The receiver doesn't even have a HDMI in/out, and my TV is a just very mediocre Black Friday 42" LG; however it still does 1080p cleanly. The system I'm working with is very sub par so I am not concerned about all the HDMI passthroughs issues or the 4k capabilities, at least not right now. Being an unemployed college grad sucks. I will try my luck on Wi-fi first and get home plugs if need be. I will update with my experience once it comes in the mail
Still waiting for confirmation this shipped from geek buying

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tronsmart vega s892