• 26(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2014-04-09, 21:52)gmc99 Wrote: Hi Rob
I will give it a try but having followed the link I don't know what to do to download and apply the change to the code.

Can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Glenn

If you take the files on the link (make sure it is the raw format) and overwrite the files in your $USER/XBMC/addons/script.videoextras folder.

Hopefully that should get you going! Cool

Rob

(2014-04-09, 22:16)warlion Wrote: Rob i been inform that if the skin use XBT files for the graphics
the videoextras_overlay.png will not be taken for the media folder

just to inform you

I guess that would be the case. There is no way for a python script to extract a given file from a xbt file (I do not believe there is a python interface for this). It will need to be a stand-alone file. If this generation of the xbt file is automated, we may be able to fallback to a different location if you prefer.

Rob
(2014-04-09, 22:28)rob_webset Wrote: I guess that would be the case. There is no way for a python script to extract a given file from a xbt file (I do not believe there is a python interface for this). It will need to be a stand-alone file. If this generation of the xbt file is automated, we may be able to fallback to a different location if you prefer.

Rob

is a easy fix just add it after compile the xbt on the media folder
(2014-04-09, 22:37)warlion Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 22:28)rob_webset Wrote: I guess that would be the case. There is no way for a python script to extract a given file from a xbt file (I do not believe there is a python interface for this). It will need to be a stand-alone file. If this generation of the xbt file is automated, we may be able to fallback to a different location if you prefer.

Rob

is a easy fix just add it after compile the xbt on the media folder

OK, so no change for VideoExtras addon then?

Thanks, Rob
(2014-04-09, 22:28)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 21:52)gmc99 Wrote: Hi Rob
I will give it a try but having followed the link I don't know what to do to download and apply the change to the code.

Can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Glenn

If you take the files on the link (make sure it is the raw format) and overwrite the files in your $USER/XBMC/addons/script.videoextras folder.

Hopefully that should get you going! Cool

Rob

Hi Rob

I followed your instructions and it is now working perfectly. I've only tried it for the a couple of series but it is now picking up the extras using both the "L:" path and the SMB network path.

I have only got it working when doing the "i" then clicking on the extras box rather than listing within the season but I guess that is more to do with the skin and view than your code.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Glenn
Hello, Love the concept of this and I almost have XBMC working the way I want it to, But there are a couple of problems that I'm having. I've checked the log files and it seems to be searching properly and excluding things properly but no extra button shows up and I do have an error message regarding loadmenuoptionsthread error parsing favourites.xml

This is probably my fault as I'm not especially proficient with XML and have been known to screw it up when making minor modifications. I'm 99% certain the fault lies in my config file Dailogvideoinfo XML.
It's a simple log, as simple as I can make it. Only one media file in order to simplify everything with 2 extras located in two different areas for testing purposes.

The logfile is at Logfile

Advanced settings xml Advanced Settings

And Dialogvideoinfo Dialogvideoinfo

Sorry to bother you all with this, I just am not overly proficient with this stuff but really need the extras. Thanks for any help.
@borgie: Seems you have a DialogVideoInfo slightly 'skewed'. I see your XBMC is loading Confluence and MQ5. For the latter please refer to MQ5 forum's thread, although it should work right out-of-the-box according to their list of supported add-ons. For Confluence please try this DialogVideoInfo.xml

This xml also contains the instructions needed for the add-on TvTunes, in case you don't have it and would like to give it a go. Hope this solves your issue.

@rob_webset: no worries and thanks for trying.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-04-10, 02:51)capfuturo Wrote: @borgie: Seems you have a DialogVideoInfo slightly 'skewed'. I see your XBMC is loading Confluence and MQ5. For the latter please refer to MQ5 forum's thread, although it should work right out-of-the-box according to their list of supported add-ons. For Confluence please try this DialogVideoInfo.xml

This xml also contains the instructions needed for the add-on TvTunes, in case you don't have it and would like to give it a go. Hope this solves your issue.

@rob_webset: no worries and thanks for trying.

Yep, that got it. Thank you so much. I knew I had pooched something up in the process in that file. Pretty sad considering I used to code way back in the Pascal days. Thanks again!
Now that I have got things working thanks to Rob's help there is still one thing that confuses me.

I can get the extras relating to a complete series to appear when I do the "info" button and click on extras. But it doesn't work by season.

If I have an extra that relates to a specific TV episode, should I expect that extra to be listed within the list of episodes for the TV show in the correct place?.

1x01 Episode title
1x02 Episode title
1x02 Video Extra
1x03 Episode title

What I did was create an nfo file with the same name as the extra and within the nfo file, I specified the season and episode number it related to.

Nothing appears in the list.

I'm using MQ5 and at the moment it seems to be the only skin that anything appears in. I haven't done any of the editing of the xml files as I as trying to use skins with everything built in.

Perhaps someone can steer me in the right direction.

I am sure I am doing something dumb but not sure where to start.

Thanks

Glenn
(2014-04-10, 10:50)gmc99 Wrote: If I have an extra that relates to a specific TV episode, should I expect that extra to be listed within the list of episodes for the TV show in the correct place?.

1x01 Episode title
1x02 Episode title
1x02 Video Extra
1x03 Episode title

No, VideoExtras does not work like that - it will only load extras via the "Information" screen, and only if stored using the methods defined in the Wiki.

Rob
Thanks Rob that was what I thought but just in case I thought I had better check.

As I said before though; all is working fine and thanks for your help.

Glenn
Hey Rob,

Saw the implementation of relative paths in NFO for TvTunes. This could be really great to have in VideoExtras so we can use the NFO support in a more confident way, meaning that if we need to move things around then we no longer have to go in and change all the paths to the nfo. Is relative paths planned or already working for VideoExtras?
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-04-11, 18:49)capfuturo Wrote: Hey Rob,

Saw the implementation of relative paths in NFO for TvTunes. This could be really great to have in VideoExtras so we can use the NFO support in a more confident way, meaning that if we need to move things around then we no longer have to go in and change all the paths to the nfo. Is relative paths planned or already working for VideoExtras?

Should already be supported for videoextras.nfo

r324 should add it to the fanart and thumbs
(2014-04-02, 19:41)malosasha Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 13:43)capfuturo Wrote: @malosasha: sounds interesting! Would it be possible for you to post an image of how it looks in XBMC whilst browsing the titles?

here is 2 screenshot; without and with extras; in the bottom mediaflag panel, the extras flag will change automatically each time a new item is selected.

http://imgur.com/MntWSHx
http://imgur.com/YNZq137

capfuturo, rob did you check this ?

if so is it possible to add a small patch to the addon to not hang when a file is not available especially on nfs/smb shares ?
(2014-04-12, 00:36)malosasha Wrote: capfuturo, rob did you check this ?

if so is it possible to add a small patch to the addon to not hang when a file is not available especially on nfs/smb shares ?

Not sure what the problem you are reporting is.

I don't recall anyone reporting any hanging issues, not seen any logs etc either

Rob
@Rob: That is an earlier post on page 23 here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1668638 however he just requested for the possibility of a patch. I also haven't seen the issues described when 'files do not exist', so it would be good to narrow down what it is.

Cheers, Jav
Best,

capfuturo

• 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2