• 44(current)
[MOD] Xperience1080++
(2014-04-07, 15:43)mayoman Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 13:06)im85288 Wrote: Can you describe the steps you took to get to the stage of that screenshot above?

Straight into TV series from the home screen tile (Metro view). When in the desired series-season switch to info list using the left key options menu.
If I get time on the machine tonight I'll play around and see if there are specific situations or settings that do or do not cause it. Failing that I'll try a clean re-install of the skin (deleting the old skin folder) as it could well be a leftover from my Frodo install/upgrade.
Interesting, the problem only shows up at season level in TV shows, at higher levels or in movies info list displays correctly. Also displays correctly when I switch from XBMB3C to XBMC library - so I guess it's something in the mediabrowser3 interactionHuh
Ah ok so your using the XBMB3C integration, still though it should all be working fine. I just tried it myself now at season level on TV shows and it looks good (apart from the indication of sets which I mentioned earlier):

Maybe a clean install will help here? Other than that, I'm pretty clueless unless I can reproduce it...is this happening on more than one XBMC install for you?
Tried a clean install on a second machine today - result is the same so it must be something in the MB3 setup...

Edit: I did notice the text in the top left for this screen is "Video Addons: (2)" rather than "Video addons: XBMB3C", so it is clearly not getting information correctly. I'll put into debug mode & see if it shows anything tonight.
(2014-04-07, 23:18)mayoman Wrote: Tried a clean install on a second machine today - result is the same so it must be something in the MB3 setup...

Edit: I did notice the text in the top left for this screen is "Video Addons: (2)" rather than "Video addons: XBMB3C", so it is clearly not getting information correctly. I'll put into debug mode & see if it shows anything tonight.

You could also try using a Custom Video Node on a different tile to see if that works correctly. The problem is people set up there base MB3 server in so many different ways that a skin like this (that does not use dynamic menus in the traditional way) cannot cope with all permutations. I found for example that things got messed up for me when I added a Photos folder to the MB3 server. Currently it works fine when you have the standard, Movies, TV Shows, Music and maybe Music Videos defined.

When people add things like "Kids Movies", "Old Movies" etc then using the Custom Video Nodes is the only way to get them mapped correctly to a given tile.
(2014-01-17, 23:21)im85288 Wrote: Update to 3.0.21

-- This release includes an Alternative Metro Home Section, utilising more space and the skin widgets a lot more.
-- The default colour has changed to what was previously dark, default changes to white and white changes to extremewhite.

watch gallery

(2014-01-16, 02:13)jodit Wrote: im85288 nice mod!
Just one thing, the Live TV section is an area I'm still not happy with (channel list, epg, ...) it is posible to re-design it with a more modern look? (for example add transparency, colors, big logo channels, ...). is the only are i'm still not happy with.

Thanks!

I am totally with you on this one, however I cannot think of anything good to put there. I thought about a widget with images like the TV shows section..but then what images would go there..I am open to suggestions if you have a sort of mockup that is achievable? In fact anyone reading this with ideas for the Live TV section please share them as I do agree six tiles on their own are a bit boring!

(2014-01-16, 04:18)wex101 Wrote: I didn't realize you could still edit those in the skin menu thanks! I am almost ready to switch, the only thing I feel like is missing is a good banner view for episodes. I am finding I am really missing the original bannerlist view from xperience 1080, ie: No poster, viewing many items off the list with ratings and all. The original bannerlist for viewing episodes is just simply brilliant in my opinion, my favorite for browsing episodes in any XBMC skin.

Yeah that should be simple enough to include, I'll keep it in mind and include it in a future update.

im85288 for the LIVE TV area I have seen WIP eminence skin (in WIP seccion...). This skin has in my opinion a good appearance for this area... (Channel list, osd, epg, ....

is possible to incorporate in your mod something similar?

Thanks for your work!
(2014-04-10, 01:38)jodit Wrote:
(2014-01-17, 23:21)im85288 Wrote: Update to 3.0.21

-- This release includes an Alternative Metro Home Section, utilising more space and the skin widgets a lot more.
-- The default colour has changed to what was previously dark, default changes to white and white changes to extremewhite.

watch gallery

(2014-01-16, 02:13)jodit Wrote: im85288 nice mod!
Just one thing, the Live TV section is an area I'm still not happy with (channel list, epg, ...) it is posible to re-design it with a more modern look? (for example add transparency, colors, big logo channels, ...). is the only are i'm still not happy with.

Thanks!

I am totally with you on this one, however I cannot think of anything good to put there. I thought about a widget with images like the TV shows section..but then what images would go there..I am open to suggestions if you have a sort of mockup that is achievable? In fact anyone reading this with ideas for the Live TV section please share them as I do agree six tiles on their own are a bit boring!

(2014-01-16, 04:18)wex101 Wrote: I didn't realize you could still edit those in the skin menu thanks! I am almost ready to switch, the only thing I feel like is missing is a good banner view for episodes. I am finding I am really missing the original bannerlist view from xperience 1080, ie: No poster, viewing many items off the list with ratings and all. The original bannerlist for viewing episodes is just simply brilliant in my opinion, my favorite for browsing episodes in any XBMC skin.

Yeah that should be simple enough to include, I'll keep it in mind and include it in a future update.

im85288 for the LIVE TV area I have seen WIP eminence skin (in WIP seccion...). This skin has in my opinion a good appearance for this area... (Channel list, osd, epg, ....

is possible to incorporate in your mod something similar?

Thanks for your work!

Thanks for the heads-up, the LIVE TV area is my most used area and yes I am always looking for ways to improve this area. I will take a look at the skin and see if I can draw some inspiration from it. JurialMunkey is a very skilled skinner Smile

EDIT - One thing to add here is I have been following and contributing some comments to the future of the PVR for XBMC in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175135 and it looks like some BIG changes are scheduled for the version after Gotham so depending on that it may not be worth making major overhauls to the PVR area in this version... anyway an area to keep a close eye on Smile
Hi there,

first post, normally I can get things to work with enough perseverance. However in your beautiful skin (Gotham version) I am stumped for some things:

- I can't find any option to set the path for the pictures widget (i did see this option in the screenshots here)
- Music section seems to be broken as it uses a template for movies / series (displays things like rating / sd/hd etc.)?
- Album description doesn't work (always empty in my database)
- When listening to an album, the album & track information disappears after [n] seconds, i'd like it to stay visible
- I can't seem to find several views such as the right list for episodes?

Also a bug: when I make a change to widgets but cancel when editing, the system reboots.

Perhaps these things are related to me using the Gotham Beta version?

Kind regards,

Bert
(2014-04-11, 08:35)bertbeukema Wrote: Hi there,

first post, normally I can get things to work with enough perseverance. However in your beautiful skin (Gotham version) I am stumped for some things:

- I can't find any option to set the path for the pictures widget (i did see this option in the screenshots here)
- Music section seems to be broken as it uses a template for movies / series (displays things like rating / sd/hd etc.)?
- Album description doesn't work (always empty in my database)
- When listening to an album, the album & track information disappears after [n] seconds, i'd like it to stay visible
- I can't seem to find several views such as the right list for episodes?

Also a bug: when I make a change to widgets but cancel when editing, the system reboots.

Perhaps these things are related to me using the Gotham Beta version?

Kind regards,

Bert

Hi thanks for you feedback,

The pictures path is set in the skin settings (home page I think! I'm not certain where as I'm away from my HTPC at the moment)

The others I'll have to come back to you on.

I'm using a Gotham nightly of April 9th but not noticed any system reboot.,though admittedly I haven't changed any widgets as everything is set up as I need it. Something to investigate, as things keep changing with Gotham that makes us have to play catch up Smile
(2014-03-19, 15:57)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 18:53)johnnyvdberg Wrote: I noticed that the language flags are missing in the subtitle downloader. As I have it setup so it tries to find my native language first, and then English, it's kind of hard to distinguish the two. Is this a bug, or haven't you added that feature yet?

Sounds like a bug, I do not use the subtitles at all...can you post a screenshot so I can see exactly where you are referring to?
Sure can. As you can see its sorted, but some subs don't give any hint regarding the language it's in.

Hey there,

i've been able to repair most of the items by hand. Only some of the views seem to be missing (like the right list), these are also not present as a view-file.
For playing an album, the question remains if it is possible with a setting to always show the currently playing song (now this infobar disappears after [n] seconds).

One of the things that does seem to be broken is the album description. This is empty, I can only get it filled with data if I do these steps:

- Refresh the data for the album
- Get artwork -> thumb (from online source)

This seems to resave the item into the database with new data. Now, some albums will have a description.
It may be this is a problem with XBMC though.

Regards,

Bert

Oh, by the way: when loading an Album, it does display headers (plot, genre) that is for movies / tv-shows.
Skin is spazzing out on me when I disable everything but TV shows and movies. When I try to navigate past movies into settings, the settings kinda never moves into focus, if you understand what I mean. It just stays on the side half visible, with movies still in the middle. If I then click Enter when "settings" is chosen, but without being on screen (dumbass explanation, can only hope you understand me), it moves into tv-shows instead.
Hi,
i use your skin with the xbmb3c plugin and the media broser 3 server. My XBMC version is the latest nightly.
What i have noticed:
  • the movie tile is missig, i see only the tile for video plugins
  • if i enter the new movies tile it will open my series, if i ente the new series tile it will open my series too, is it possible to link this tiles to the correct section of the server or do i something wrong?
  • if i use the xbmb3c mode i cant change the view type, the list is empty --> any idear?
Thanks for your work
Update to 3.0.45 - available via Repo

Includes:
- Option to use alternate "Eminence" EPG with colour focus
- Redesigned Low List view
- Various bug fixes

im85288, had time to see that my request on the music?
(2014-04-17, 04:10)iorifly Wrote: im85288, had time to see that my request on the music?

No, do you mean more requests further to the change I made for not showing the text? What about the above changes, any bugs with them. Are they useful?

Version 3.0.47 is out there now with a couple of other fixes and an option to show/disable headers being shown.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xperience1080++9