• 6(current)
Amber for Gotham - Support thread
(2014-04-05, 11:48)SpaceMonkey Wrote: Small hiccups i've seen:

- Skin setting description is too tall (already mentioned here)
- Movie sets node seemed to have some issues with the running time, rating etc. strings.
- Please consider putting fanart back to icon view, it still looks weird. Or better yet, a toggle in the side panel?

I guess i could take a look if Pecinko has no plans to do skinning in the near future.

It would be nice if you could jump in.

I'm not using XBMC ATM and if I return to skining I would probably start working on Amber 2 (just for fun) which would feature refreshed graphics, vertical home page only and would not have Plexbmc support anymore.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-04-05, 11:59)pecinko Wrote: I'm not using XBMC ATM and if I return to skining I would probably start working on Amber 2 (just for fun) which would feature refreshed graphics, vertical home page only and would not have Plexbmc support anymore.

Hi pecinko,
i'm curious about what you're using at the moment. Plex? Are you planning to keep Amber for Plex up-to-date?
(2014-04-05, 13:21)bigbadrabbit Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 11:59)pecinko Wrote: I'm not using XBMC ATM and if I return to skining I would probably start working on Amber 2 (just for fun) which would feature refreshed graphics, vertical home page only and would not have Plexbmc support anymore.

Hi pecinko,
i'm curious about what you're using at the moment. Plex? Are you planning to keep Amber for Plex up-to-date?

AppleTV @ iTunes&PlexConnect. This might change if ever xbmc server arrive. I don't use mac mini anymore.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi all,
primary thank you for the great work, love your skin, perfect for wide TV!

after the upgrade to gotham I don't see the "Manually search" button in subtitles search service.
I can do it with Confluence. Any suggestions?

thaks once more.
@pecinko
Not sure if this is another tiny Styling Problem ??

In Fullscreen Live TV when I hit Enter > TV I get the Channel Popup
EPG - Data in this screen is only visible for activated Channel (Yellow)
Figure the EPG - Data for the non activated Channels should be also visible (grey) --> not visible for me !!!

Right??

effects both mac and rpi / Gotham Beta3 / Amber 1.5.8

thanks
Martin
vdr 2.2.0 (yavdr/unstable-vdr) / TBS 6991 dvbs-2 - Twin Tuner plus CI / vdr-plugin-vnsiserver 1.3.0 (FernetMenta's GIT) / Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Zotac CI520 / kodibuntu 14.04 / Helix 14.1 stable, vdr addon 1.9.23 (Opdenkamp's GIT), Skin Rapier 7.2.0
MacBook Pro / OSX 10.10 / Helix 14.1 stable, vdr addon 1.9.23 (Opdenkamp's GIT), Skin Rapier 7.2.0
MySQL MediaDB
(2014-03-20, 13:09)DBMandrake Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 20:23)martin.haager Wrote: Another short question

When I'm in Fullscreen Video or TV and navigate Back - Back, I End up on Home Screen
Sofar, Sogood

Video is not displayed anymore (showing static HomeScreen)
but I can still hear Audio

Have to hit Stop on the Remote to stop Audio.

Again !!
Bug or Feature ? :-)
The fact that video keeps playing when you go back to the home screen is normal - its a "feature" of XBMC that allows you to exit full screen video and navigate file lists while the video plays in the background. If you want to stop the video you should press stop not back or exit.

In some skins (Confluence) the video will be displayed behind the file lists but not in Amber. However Amber does show the video in the background of the main home screen so I don't know why you are not seeing any video there.

I'm running miappa's March 17 Gotham build on Raspbmc with Amber 1.5.8 and I do see video playback in the background of the home screen, and have for every version of Amber I've ever used.

Yep..

Just crosschecked the behavior with confluence.. and its exactly like DBMandrake described --> Video / TV in Background on Homescreeen is visible..

with Amber 1.5.8 (mac/rpi) when switching from LiveTV or Video to Home screen using esc/back I only get Audio and the static wallpaper...

Any ideas welcome

Martin
vdr 2.2.0 (yavdr/unstable-vdr) / TBS 6991 dvbs-2 - Twin Tuner plus CI / vdr-plugin-vnsiserver 1.3.0 (FernetMenta's GIT) / Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Zotac CI520 / kodibuntu 14.04 / Helix 14.1 stable, vdr addon 1.9.23 (Opdenkamp's GIT), Skin Rapier 7.2.0
MacBook Pro / OSX 10.10 / Helix 14.1 stable, vdr addon 1.9.23 (Opdenkamp's GIT), Skin Rapier 7.2.0
MySQL MediaDB
There's a skin setting that needs to be enabled, "background music visualization/video player on home screen".
(2014-04-10, 21:27)SpaceMonkey Wrote: There's a skin setting that needs to be enabled, "background music visualization/video player on home screen".

Hey great !!
Missed this setting
Now it works as expected
Thanks
Martin
MySQL MediaDB
Is it possible to disable the Date/Time in the top right corner of the screen?

I do like if things which aren't really necessary are removable or not there in the first place. And a UI field static on all submenus is not a plasma friend either. Wink I once edited the Confluence skin for that and it would be great if there were an option for that instead. Any ideas?
(2014-04-14, 23:18)meka Wrote: Is it possible to disable the Date/Time in the top right corner of the screen?

I do like if things which aren't really necessary are removable or not there in the first place. And a UI field static on all submenus is not a plasma friend either. Wink I once edited the Confluence skin for that and it would be great if there were an option for that instead. Any ideas?

There is no problem with Amber on plasma screens. Trust me, I have one in my living room Wink

Take a look at includes.xml and search for "time".
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks. I noticed the time is more grey than white Smile In contrast to the one used in at the Confluence skin. But I prefer having less information where its suited... either I already know the date and time or I don't care. Smile I will look into the 'includes.xml'. Thank you and great work!

Will you also update the Quartz skin for Gotham and PleXBMC? This was the skin I was using till I started testing Gotham but it didn't work there?
(2014-04-15, 13:29)meka Wrote: Thanks. I noticed the time is more grey than white Smile In contrast to the one used in at the Confluence skin. But I prefer having less information where its suited... either I already know the date and time or I don't care. Smile I will look into the 'includes.xml'. Thank you and great work!

Will you also update the Quartz skin for Gotham and PleXBMC? This was the skin I was using till I started testing Gotham but it didn't work there?

Quartz for Gotham is already available. No plexbmc support though.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi pecinko,

thanks for taht great Skin. I'm using the vertical Menu and I'm using PleXBMC. Would it be possible to start in the "go Plex"-Mode or to combine all Sections in one Menu. I hope you know what I mean. Thanks again for your hard work Smile

Regards / Pozdrav
Vlaves
(2014-04-17, 11:25)Vlaves Wrote: thanks for taht great Skin. I'm using the vertical Menu and I'm using PleXBMC. Would it be possible to start in the "go Plex"-Mode or to combine all Sections in one Menu. I hope you know what I mean. Thanks again for your hard work Smile

1. possibility: Go Plex/XBMC is a switch - it will "stick" until switched off, even after reboot:

or

2.possibility: If you want XBMC menus active with addition of 1 menu item that should take you to all pms sections - add pleXBMC to favourites and assign it to custom main menu item afterwards. Alternatively, add plexbmc to add ons shelf:

Or did I misunderstood your question?

Pozdrav, Peca
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-04-17, 12:53)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 11:25)Vlaves Wrote: thanks for taht great Skin. I'm using the vertical Menu and I'm using PleXBMC. Would it be possible to start in the "go Plex"-Mode or to combine all Sections in one Menu. I hope you know what I mean. Thanks again for your hard work Smile

1. possibility: Go Plex/XBMC is a switch - it will "stick" until switched off, even after reboot:

or

2.possibility: If you want XBMC menus active with addition of 1 menu item that should take you to all pms sections - add pleXBMC to favourites and assign it to custom main menu item afterwards. Alternatively, add plexbmc to add ons shelf:

Or did I misunderstood your question?

Pozdrav, Peca

Cao Peco,

I thought more of both in one menu. I have some local content on the XBMC PC and the Libraries from Plex. If I coud see both in the same vertical menu it would be great. Or does the PleXBMC Addon support MyPlex sharing. I have created a seperate Plex Account just to share my Kids Stuff for that user.
If this works now, then I don't need anything changed Big Grin

I must say, that I'm a little bit confused regarding PleXBMC. There is also this Version here. So which one should I use?

Rozdrav
Vlado
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Gotham - Support thread2