• 7(current)
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.
I dont know either, but in my experience it worked pretty well in Frodo as the list is usually populated very quickly. It never struck me as unintuitive but as always ymmv.
This is why I proposed to link it to the setting of a default service in the preferences or make it a toggle there. That way everyone could be happy, couldn't they?
Noone is happy with more settings Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hmm, I can see that, even though I thought the introduction of multiple expertise levels in the settings alleviates that problem.
What do you think about binding it to setting a default service?

Thanks for your thoughts!
I get script error when It try to download the subtitle, what should I do?

Thanks.
Sony XR 55 A80J
Kodi Nexus

Intel Nuc i3 + 4gb ram
OE 4.0.3
(2014-03-26, 03:20)javiertoti Wrote: I get script error when It try to download the subtitle, what should I do?

Thanks.

debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is it ok? It's my first time.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=159730

Thanks!
Sony XR 55 A80J
Kodi Nexus

Intel Nuc i3 + 4gb ram
OE 4.0.3
What about napisy24.pl? Do you planning to add this service?
I'm not sure if this would be the right place for this post - but I had troubles finding a more suitable thread. Please advice or move if this is inappropriate.

Is there some way we can tinker about with search match criteria? All recent add-ons I've tried so far, do matching by file name.

My "findings" with Subcene.com, OpenSubtitles.org and Podnapisi.net add-ons:
  • If searching for subtitle for file not in library, it will search for the exact filename. Depending on filename (shortened or full release name), may get a ton of irrelevant hits.
  • If searching for subtitle for file that is in library, it searches for the Library title.
  • In all cases - only an exact filename match (without file extension?) to subtitle release name, will give a "Sync" tag.

The sync tag is really great for easily finding the right, synced subtitles (no further explanation needed)
While in some cases this works well - if the the downloaded file have picked up a "trailing tag" on its way (torrent networks, re-posters etc) - the likelyhood of a search "sync match" is next to none.

(NOTE: OpenSubtitles.org (and its add-on) have a database listing for each subtitle entry - containing known matching filenames for that subtitle. Due to this, you might get a sync match with this add-on, even though the search result list entry may display a different "subtitle name". This still relies on users posting these filenames though - maybe a "confirm sync" solution might be incorporated into XBMC at some point...?)

Now that the subtitles downloads are add-ons, they should (could) be easily configurable - if the devs are willing of course. My proposisiton here, I guess is more of a feature request.
The add-ons obviously are able to retrieve info regarding any "sync matched" (exact file name match) subtitles, hence the tag. What I would love to see - is a configurable option to remove last tag in filname search string, if search return with no sync match hits. The 3 common "trailing tag" formats are: [TAG] , .TAG and .[TAG] .

Another lovely (configurable) feature, would of course be to have the add-on automatically download 1st "sync matched" subtitle, that matches XBMC settings preferred language tag. Expanding this with an Closed Captions option might be suitable. This has been debated (both constructively and not-so-constructively) earlier - just throwing my vote in.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-03-20, 22:11)jmarshall Wrote: The trouble is that might be unintuitive - e.g. if you're sitting on the service list and doing something there, then all of a sudden it jumps focus. I dunno to be honest.

Isn't the search being done asynchronously? So when it finishes and populates the list it could also shift focus?
I also believed the system malfunctioned at first because we got a result (e.g. "6 subs found) but the list was empty.

(2014-03-21, 00:39)jmarshall Wrote: Noone is happy with more settings Smile

we all love settings Big Grin

Some suggestions for improvements

- ordering the results with SYNC results showing on top of the list
- a setting to autodownload the first SYNC result if available
- a setting to do this all automatically with one push of the button, even if that's technically only possible for one single service.
- a setting to omit the language code from the downloaded SRT file, as external players often don't match the srt to the video file.

Being half-deaf and being sick of manually searching for matching subs online I must say I was extremely happy with XBMC and it's subtitle workings.

Being a sofware developer myself I also most definitely understand that sometimes it's necessary to rewrite certain functionality because it holds you back on new features or it's a PITA to maintain.
But as a developer you should always strive to offer at least the old features, or clearly announce that this is just the beginning and that the old features will be added soon.

Look at what Google did with maps 7 on Android. They only cared about rewriting the app to add all kinds off commercial crap like finding the closest bakery in your neighbourhood, but they removed tons of features that were extremely popular. Or made it harder to use.

ps, I'm not whining here, just explaining how people experience changes in software Wink
(2014-03-26, 03:20)javiertoti Wrote: I get script error when It try to download the subtitle, what should I do?

Thanks.

(2014-03-27, 16:23)javiertoti Wrote: Is it ok? It's my first time.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=159730

Thanks!

Anybody helps me please?
Sony XR 55 A80J
Kodi Nexus

Intel Nuc i3 + 4gb ram
OE 4.0.3
could someone please give me a answer to following?

as i live in Sweden i used undertexter.se to download my subtitles.
now that its gone from the list i wonder how or what i should ask the owners of undertexter.se to fix so we can install the service?

do they have to make a script that we install in openelec/xbmc?

br R
2 x NUC I5 4250U, 16GB Cruical, 120GB Kingston mSata
OPPO BDP-95
Netgear ReadyNAS RDPU4000, 4 x RED 3TB
JVC DLA-X95/RS66
Integra DHC-80.3, 2 x Sunfire TGA-7401
9.2 Sunfire 10 x CRS3C, 2 x CRM2-Bip

I think someone needs to write an undertexter addon that fits into the new subtitles service.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sometimes restarting the video, sometimes restarting xbmc, works. Sometimes it works flawlessly, the next day without any changes to the installation it doesn't. Here is my log, it's not working now: http://paste.ubuntu.com/7257324/ thanks in advance.
Bug 
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=174242
subtitles ,opensubtitles not work.
(2014-03-21, 00:39)jmarshall Wrote: Noone is happy with more settings Smile

After 3 weeks with the new system I am still not too happy about the additional click. Could we maybe get the option to set the old behaviour (switch to result list automatically) via advancedsettings.xml or is it too complicated from a coding perspective?

Not demanding, just asking. Thank you!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
From Subtitles add-on to subtitles service. The no-trouble How-to.1