• 70(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
NEW BETA AVAILABLE

v.1.6.3.3
- fix for crash when attempting to delete temp file (as reported by cw-kid)
- added additional logging when creating directories

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artist...master.zip

cw-kid, as you can see from the change log, I've added some additional logging when checking for and creating directories. The script basically just asks XBMC if some directories exist and then creates them if they don't. I'm not sure why you're getting two seemingly identical copies of the same directory, but maybe the additional logging will shed some light on that.
(2014-04-13, 19:19)pkscuot Wrote: NEW BETA AVAILABLE

v.1.6.3.3
- fix for crash when attempting to delete temp file (as reported by cw-kid)
- added additional logging when creating directories

cw-kid, as you can see from the change log, I've added some additional logging when checking for and creating directories. The script basically just asks XBMC if some directories exist and then creates them if they don't. I'm not sure why you're getting two seemingly identical copies of the same directory, but maybe the additional logging will shed some light on that.

Pkscuot - Thank you.

I've installed this new version. Please see below for XBMC debug log file with regards to the duplicated "ArtistSlideShow" folder being created. I did the same again, removed the "empty" folder, played an album and then the duplicated folder returns etc.

http://pastebin.com/JXcPucHd

It doesn't appear to crash any longer when playing "Cheryl Cole". Also if I play "Peter Gabriel" and then "Duran Duran" as my last example, that appears to be working OK now as well and I have the correct images being displayed by AS for the correct Artist. So think you have fixed it! Big Grin

Will report back if I see anything else funky happening.

Many thanks for all your hard work with this fantastic add-on.
NEW BETA AVAILABLE

v.1.6.3.4
- fix for duplicate ArtistSlideshow folder showing up on Linux

It looks on Linux the file system must be case sensitive. I had one place I was checking for ArtistSlideShow (capital Show) and then was using ArtistSlideshow (lowercase show) for everything else. 1.6.3.4 should keep that extra folder from coming back on Linux. On OSX and Windows this apparently doesn't happen, as the file system isn't case sensitive (or at least isn't as case sensitive as Linux).
(2014-04-13, 22:33)pkscuot Wrote: NEW BETA AVAILABLE

v.1.6.3.4
- fix for duplicate ArtistSlideshow folder showing up on Linux

It looks on Linux the file system must be case sensitive. I had one place I was checking for ArtistSlideShow (capital Show) and then was using ArtistSlideshow (lowercase show) for everything else. 1.6.3.4 should keep that extra folder from coming back on Linux. On OSX and Windows this apparently doesn't happen, as the file system isn't case sensitive (or at least isn't as case sensitive as Linux).

Hi

That would make sense, if you look at the screen shots I posted here the emtpy folder has a captial S in show "ArtistSlideShow" whereas the actual folder that contains the artist hashed sub-folders has a lowercase s in show "ArtistSlideshow"

I'll try this new version see if it stops it happening.

Thanks
Hi

I can confirm that v1.6.3.4 resolves the duplicate folder issues under OpenElec (Linux). I now only have one folder named "ArtistSlideshow" (lowercase show)
The other empty duplicate folder named "ArtistSlideShow" (capital Show) has not returned this time.

Many thanks
(2014-04-12, 00:10)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-04-11, 22:56)learningit Wrote: I have a problem with Artist Slideshow occasionally crashing on startup with Gotham Beta 3 with a "RuntimeError: access_violation" error.
Please see the error log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=171746 for details.

I'll have to look at it in more detail, but it looks like xbmc.Player().isPlayingAudio() isn't returning what it should. The only thing I can really do is trap for the error and assume music is still playing. That would, in theory, stop that crash.

I think it's more likely to be in xbmc.getInfoLabel( self.EXTERNALCALL ) where self.EXTERNALCALL may have a weird value, like -1 in it. Seems to be a common problem when going between cpp and python.
NEW BETA

v.1.6.3.5
- fix for crash with access violation in random situations

AS now error traps every xbmc.getInfoLabel call and returns an empty string if any exception is thrown. Because I've never gotten that access violation issue, I have no way of knowing if this actually fixes the problem. The best I can say is that the changes don't seem to be causing any new crashes or affecting the behavior of AS in any adverse way.
Sorry for the rookie question:
I'm trying to install first time following the wiki but the gdrive links to skins are down, are there somewhere obvious on github?
Also I'm runnning Gotham and I cant seem to find the skin.confluence folder (though other skin folder are there) am I doing something wrong?
The addon looks amazing but I cant seem to get the install part done. Could you help?
(2014-04-16, 06:39)Z3UBS Wrote: Sorry for the rookie question:
I'm trying to install first time following the wiki but the gdrive links to skins are down, are there somewhere obvious on github?
Also I'm runnning Gotham and I cant seem to find the skin.confluence folder (though other skin folder are there) am I doing something wrong?
The addon looks amazing but I cant seem to get the install part done. Could you help?

Hmmm. I just checked and was able to download the Eden and Gotham skin updates from the wiki links.
I'm using the Confluence Gotham Mods skin on Gotham and AS is working fine but I don't have season and episode numbers on the recently added section of the homepage (Tv shows)

If I switch to standard confluence it works but I lose AS.
(2014-04-17, 00:46)Bullsboy Wrote: I'm using the Confluence Gotham Mods skin on Gotham and AS is working fine but I don't have season and episode numbers on the recently added section of the homepage (Tv shows)

That, unfortunately, is a skin issue and best asked of the folks who did the mod.

On the off chance you are using my Gotham skin mod, then yes, it doesn't have season and episode numbers. My mod was a personal one, and I mostly store it on github just so it's backed up and so others can see what I've done. It wasn't meant for public support.
(2014-04-16, 06:04)pkscuot Wrote: NEW BETA

v.1.6.3.5
- fix for crash with access violation in random situations

AS now error traps every xbmc.getInfoLabel call and returns an empty string if any exception is thrown. Because I've never gotten that access violation issue, I have no way of knowing if this actually fixes the problem. The best I can say is that the changes don't seem to be causing any new crashes or affecting the behavior of AS in any adverse way.

Thanks. This seems to fix random startup crash. Really fast work!
(2014-04-17, 01:09)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 00:46)Bullsboy Wrote: I'm using the Confluence Gotham Mods skin on Gotham and AS is working fine but I don't have season and episode numbers on the recently added section of the homepage (Tv shows)

That, unfortunately, is a skin issue and best asked of the folks who did the mod.

On the off chance you are using my Gotham skin mod, then yes, it doesn't have season and episode numbers. My mod was a personal one, and I mostly store it on github just so it's backed up and so others can see what I've done. It wasn't meant for public support.
Yes, I am using your mod. I think you linked to it when Gotham hit Beta. Which files do I need to revert to get the season and ep info back without losing AS?
(2014-04-16, 20:43)pkscuot Wrote:
(2014-04-16, 06:39)Z3UBS Wrote: Sorry for the rookie question:

Hmmm. I just checked and was able to download the Eden and Gotham skin updates from the wiki links.

Yes thank you, there was a problem with the beta version of the browser I was using. Got it all working nicely, could not find the skin.confluence folder in my default install so grabbed one from the xbmc git repository that I then modded as necessary.
Thanks for prompt response and the work on the plugin.
Have a big Problem with the Version 1.6.4 its crash.Huh

Sorry my english is not so good. Confused
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5