• 15(current)
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support
Pecinko

I am having an issue where the PleXBMC plugin stops working for seemingly no reason. I was able to fix it once by deleting the all the database files in XBMC, but the second time around I had to completely reinstall. I am on OpenELEC 3.2.4 on a ATV1, PleXBMC 3.4.3, Amber(frodo) 1.3.2 and PlexBMC helper 3.3.2. I am also using the latest plexpass versions of Plex Media Server for windows, with the latest being 0.9.9.3.402-c7906ea. Again, it will work beautifully for a week or so, then just randomly I will get plugin failed messages.

And I've got it working again now, Disabled/uninstalled the plugin, deleted db files, restart, reinstall plexbmc, and it works.

Ok, scratch that, It worked for a bit then the plugin started erroring again. Still would like to find a solution.
Hello,

first of all: Sorry for the bad english :-D

I´m using on an Raspi with Openelec and Frodo (latest build). I also use the Plex Plugin 3.4.3 with Amber (after i switched from QuartzV3).

My Problem is, that i have too many Sections on my Plex Server and the Plugin starts to cut them of. 26-27 Sections seems to be fine.. but if i have more than that he starts to not showing some of them (starting with TV-Shows)..

Example: Movies [A], Movies [B], ..... TV Cartoon, TV Kids, TV Shows,..... Movies [HD], Movies [SD], Movies [3D],..... Videos Web, Videos Music, Videos Dancing,.... and so on...

If i create more than 26 Sections in Plex the "GoPlex"-Function beginns to cut of (means: not showing) some sections (starting with the TV-Shows)... If i view them in XBMC via the Plugin (without switching to "GoPlex") there are all there...

Is there a way to raise the Limit of Sections that can be displayed?? Is this a Plugin "Error" or a limitation in XBMC??

I hope i can stay on my way of sorting things in plex (it´s not easy with only 26 sections for over 30 TB in Video Data)

I hope i could explain my problem a little bit...

THX for your help..
How do I get my Plex Media "Libraries" to show up in the sub menu of the added PleXBMC on the Home Screen. Wanting to get those sections to show below in the sub menu section, in the same way "Files" and"Add Ons" pops up when you mouse over Videos in stock Confluence skin.

Thanks
So I'm running plexbmc from this thread and Amber. When I start a video is starts playing but the screen doesn't change from the episode preview. I can hear the video playing but I can't do anything except turn off the XBMC.

I'm running OpenElec & Frodo.

Has anyone seen this problem?
(2014-03-03, 01:55)bk123 Wrote: How do I get my Plex Media "Libraries" to show up in the sub menu of the added PleXBMC on the Home Screen. Wanting to get those sections to show below in the sub menu section, in the same way "Files" and"Add Ons" pops up when you mouse over Videos in stock Confluence skin.

Thanks

I would also like to know if this is possible. I have several libraries of movies that contain segments of my movie collection (i.e., "Kid's Movies"), and it would be great if they showed up as a submenu on the home screen items.
Hello, I recently installed PMS for the chromecast support and figured it would be a good time wipe xbmc and start clean with plexbmc. After doing my research I decided on using plexbmc with amber, which looks like it integrates nicely. I downloaded the latest builds of plexbmc and amber for my fresh frodo 12.3 install from pecinko's github.

Everything appears to be working well, with the 1 exception being that plexbmc won't save any settings. For instance, I want to skip the filter menu after selecting a library and no matter how many times I edit the settings it reverts back to default upon exiting the menu. Can anyone clue me in as to how I can remedy this situation?

Thank you.
(2014-04-13, 17:54)johnthinc Wrote: Hello, I recently installed PMS for the chromecast support and figured it would be a good time wipe xbmc and start clean with plexbmc. After doing my research I decided on using plexbmc with amber, which looks like it integrates nicely. I downloaded the latest builds of plexbmc and amber for my fresh frodo 12.3 install from pecinko's github.

Everything appears to be working well, with the 1 exception being that plexbmc won't save any settings. For instance, I want to skip the filter menu after selecting a library and no matter how many times I edit the settings it reverts back to default upon exiting the menu. Can anyone clue me in as to how I can remedy this situation?

Thank you.

I think you have to manually save by going over to the right and selecting OK after changing any plexbmc settings, backing out after changing them won't save them. Also, while I love the Plex android app for what it is, check out bubbleupnp as a UPNP/DLNA control point between PMS and chromecast if you're using an android phone.
Wow, I can't believe I overlooked that several times in a row. Thanks a lot. I do have bubbleupnp on my tablet so I'll give it a shot and see how it works out.

Thanks again.
(2014-04-01, 15:28)richln Wrote:
(2014-03-03, 01:55)bk123 Wrote: How do I get my Plex Media "Libraries" to show up in the sub menu of the added PleXBMC on the Home Screen. Wanting to get those sections to show below in the sub menu section, in the same way "Files" and"Add Ons" pops up when you mouse over Videos in stock Confluence skin.

Thanks

I would also like to know if this is possible. I have several libraries of movies that contain segments of my movie collection (i.e., "Kid's Movies"), and it would be great if they showed up as a submenu on the home screen items.

There is a button under settings labeled "go plex" (on vertical layout it is in left pop-up menu), which will do integration for you.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-03-18, 02:02)rcrh Wrote: So I'm running plexbmc from this thread and Amber. When I start a video is starts playing but the screen doesn't change from the episode preview. I can hear the video playing but I can't do anything except turn off the XBMC.

I'm running OpenElec & Frodo.

Has anyone seen this problem?

So am I alone in this? I'd like to use this skin & plex but this error is a complete deal killer since I can't play anything.
(2014-04-15, 12:44)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 15:28)richln Wrote:

Thanks

There is a button under settings labeled "go plex" (on vertical layout it is in left pop-up menu), which will do integration for you.

I am able to "go plex" and all my plex libraries show up as home screen items, but I have searched through all the settings and I don't see how to set sub-menus. To be more clear, I have a "Movies" plex library that I want to show up as a menu item on the home screen, and I have several other plex libraries that contain segments of movies that I want to only show up as a sub-menu under the "Movies" menu item on the home screen. It seems like Amber can only display plex libraries as home screen menu items, which makes the home screen feel cluttered up for people with a large amount of plex libraries.
(2014-04-16, 14:58)richln Wrote: I am able to "go plex" and all my plex libraries show up as home screen items, but I have searched through all the settings and I don't see how to set sub-menus. To be more clear, I have a "Movies" plex library that I want to show up as a menu item on the home screen, and I have several other plex libraries that contain segments of movies that I want to only show up as a sub-menu under the "Movies" menu item on the home screen. It seems like Amber can only display plex libraries as home screen menu items, which makes the home screen feel cluttered up for people with a large amount of plex libraries.

Got it. Yup, only library sections can be displayed in main menu, much like in any other plex client.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Is there any way I can create a custom skin control that will shuffle play a genre OR favourite OR collection?

I'd like to edit Amber to add a button that will shuffle play my kids tv shows Smile

Edit - I should clarify I'm happy on the skin editing bit, just not sure if Plexbmc actually can do this??
(2014-04-24, 20:28)Swifty Wrote: Is there any way I can create a custom skin control that will shuffle play a genre OR favourite OR collection?

I'd like to edit Amber to add a button that will shuffle play my kids tv shows Smile

Edit - I should clarify I'm happy on the skin editing bit, just not sure if Plexbmc actually can do this??

That would need script support. Probably best to add this action as context menu button.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I've got a strange error. I can start the plex add on fine through the setting, but using GoPlex gives a script error? I'm using the latest openelec retro player Gotham build and the latest plexbmc add on. Has anyone else had this or should I grab a log file?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support2