• 240(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-04-17, 19:26)Lunatixz Wrote: From your experience is there anyway I could improve upon the hdhomerun auto tuning feature?
Auto tuning currently pairs a strm with it's xmltv data via strm file name. Does this not work for you?

There was much inconsistencies with the matches, some were ok, but the majority needed to be reviewed and many had NO XMLTV DATA found. If that could fix it would help. In dealing with 700 channels most of them useless, made this a chore and I got cross-eyed.

I though of using the the channel name for paring but decided against it. Some had HD, others had DT, some had dashes other spaces and some had nothing. Local Origination Channels did not have a name which made a match, which lead me to use the channel Number.

I placed an e-mail to Angrecamel in the hopes that h is still developing the app. Having a constant method of exporting the strm files is truly beneficial.
(2014-04-17, 21:24)ylafont Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 19:26)Lunatixz Wrote: From your experience is there anyway I could improve upon the hdhomerun auto tuning feature?
Auto tuning currently pairs a strm with it's xmltv data via strm file name. Does this not work for you?

There was much inconsistencies with the matches, some were ok, but the majority needed to be reviewed and many had NO XMLTV DATA found. If that could fix it would help. In dealing with 700 channels most of them useless, made this a chore and I got cross-eyed.

I though of using the the channel name for paring but decided against it. Some had HD, others had DT, some had dashes other spaces and some had nothing. Local Origination Channels did not have a name which made a match, which lead me to use the channel Number.

I placed an e-mail to Angrecamel in the hopes that h is still developing the app. Having a constant method of exporting the strm files is truly beneficial.

So how do you go about matching channels with xmltv data?

::EDIT::
Nevermind looked at your code, so you are using re to pattern match channel name in xmltv file?
I played around with pattern matching, but can't get the hang of reg expression... my code couldn't tell the difference between WCBS,WCBSDT,WCBSDT2, etc since it would find CBS in all three matches...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-04-17, 21:26)Lunatixz Wrote: ::EDIT::
Nevermind looked at your code, so you are using re to pattern match channel name in xmltv file?
I played around with pattern matching, but can't get the hang of reg expression... my code couldn't tell the difference between WCBS,WCBSDT,WCBSDT2, etc since it would find CBS in all three matches...

Match on Channel Number not Name.

The scenario you describe was exactly the problem I foresaw ,which could be handled by Regex (But i not the familar). another was the following, There is no way of matching the following channel based on channel name.

I126.45266114 126 MILH 126 MILH Military History Channel Satellite 126 - Military Histor.strm

Also the Generated xmltv.tab file gave me a handy reference on what was matched and I was able to isolate the channel I wanted into a separate folder, run the script and have correct setting2.xml file with only the channels needed. - Very Handy!

Edit::
if the stream file could be save with the channel call Letters (MILH) as standard, it would help. right now that is not the case.
(2014-04-17, 21:50)ylafont Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 21:26)Lunatixz Wrote: ::EDIT::

Match on Channel Number not Name.

The scenario you describe was exactly the problem I foresaw ,which could be handled by Regex (But i not the familar). another was the following, There is no way of matching the following channel based on channel name.

I126.45266114 126 MILH 126 MILH Military History Channel Satellite 126 - Military Histor.strm

Also the Generated xmltv.tab file gave me a handy reference on what was matched and I was able to isolate the channel I wanted into a separate folder, run the script and have correct setting2.xml file with only the channels needed. - Very Handy!

Edit::
if the stream file could be save with the channel call Letters (MILH) as standard, it would help. right now that is not the case.

I quickly browsed your code... thought I saw "display-name" and pattern match near each other Smile

Does hdhomerun setup do that bad a job matching display-names with the strm? I only use OTA channels so my matches are pretty spot on, I have no idea how big a headache 700 channels can be.
I'm always open to suggestion how to improve my addon. If you have ideas... please let me know. If i could just get the hang of reg ex wildcards, I could come up with a better pattern match...
(2014-04-17, 20:07)bilbo6209 Wrote: Hey guys,

I just found this add-in today and am very interested in it. Sorry I am at work and cant dedicate the hours required to read through the entire forum.....

I have a couple quick questions.
1. Does this add-in work on Adroid builds of XBMC?
and 2. Is there a list of supported USB OTD DTV Tuners (that work with Android)?

Thanks
Bill

yes it works on android and it works really well on ouya.
(2014-04-17, 22:15)Lunatixz Wrote: I quickly browsed your code... thought I saw "display-name" and pattern match near each other Smile

They maybe, 'display-name' is only used to create a new field for the tab delimited file. There are three Patterns

1- regpattern = '[A-Z][0-9]+(\.[0-9]+)+' This isolated the the Channel ID
2 - ChnPattern = Channel[ColumnToMacth].text - reads the Channel Number
3- FilePattern = ("(?<=')" + ChnPattern + "\s-\s.*?(?=')") - The Stream Filename Patter.

(2014-04-17, 22:15)Lunatixz Wrote: Does hdhomerun setup do that bad a job matching display-names with the strm? I only use OTA channels so my matches are pretty spot on, I have no idea how big a headache 700 channels can be.
I'm always open to suggestion how to improve my addon. If you have ideas... please let me know. If i could just get the hang of reg ex wildcards, I could come up with a better pattern match...

I don't think HD-Homerun does any matching, it just creates a stream file for the channels its finds. HD-homerun Prime does not create files at all. which is a problem. I was doing this for my brother. I only have OTA as well.

I know what you mean about RegEx, they are not easy to digest. I am more than available to see if i can help with RegEx patterns. I am no expert. but hey that's why they are books.
(2014-04-17, 18:46)omnicroncs Wrote: PTVL is freezing /hanging while streaming USTVnow channels that are autotuned. I am on Gotham and running 3.7 on a Mac Pro (OSX 10.7). I originally thought it was a guide issue (running concast). I switched to default, and without fail, I freeze after changing channels or scrolling through the guide. I have a log here that may help. I am sure it is most likely user error, but I can not figure out what I did wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like my issue I raised a while back, is your seeking? If so it's an xbmc issue and we have to wait for a fix.
(2014-04-17, 23:21)frieten Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 18:46)omnicroncs Wrote: PTVL is freezing /hanging while streaming USTVnow channels that are autotuned. I am on Gotham and running 3.7 on a Mac Pro (OSX 10.7). I originally thought it was a guide issue (running concast). I switched to default, and without fail, I freeze after changing channels or scrolling through the guide. I have a log here that may help. I am sure it is most likely user error, but I can not figure out what I did wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like my issue I raised a while back, is your seeking? If so it's an xbmc issue and we have to wait for a fix.

it's not an xbmc issue, I think it's an issue with the ustvnow plugin...because seek is disabled in pseudotv for chtype 8.

Omnicroncs are you a premium ustvnow user?

::Update::
I added further code to pseudo ignoring seeking, this may have adverse effects and is untested... I will push the change tonight. Please report any issues concerning seeking and show time misalignment
(2014-04-17, 23:30)Lunatixz Wrote:

it's not an xbmc issue, I think it's an issue with the ustvnow plugin...because seek is disabled in pseudotv for chtype 8.

I added further code to pseudo ignoring seeking, this may have adverse effects and is untested... I will push the change tonight. Please report any issues concerning seeking and show time misalignment

Ok cool will give it a try when you push it

Tonight's update includes:

USTVnow black screen fix? and more accurate EPG data.

Post 2 updated with new manual configuration example.

Its required that users either manually add the new ustvnow example or use autotuning to update ustvnow. Otherwise the channels will stop working.
Hi, I was wondering if you've updated it so that when iStream searches for files to play, that the focus isn't lost when the dialogue box is opened.

Once that box opens, you can't get back to pseudo epg, or change channels. It just loads the standard XBMC OSD
(2014-04-18, 12:40)acelove Wrote: Hi, I was wondering if you've updated it so that when iStream searches for files to play, that the focus isn't lost when the dialogue box is opened.

Once that box opens, you can't get back to pseudo epg, or change channels. It just loads the standard XBMC OSD

Any plugin that steals focus away for Pseudotv is deemed incompatible.
Be careful what plugins you mention, the one you brought up is banned from discussion on this forum.
(2014-04-17, 19:26)Lunatixz Wrote:

Your log has way to much stuff going on... can you start a clean xbmc instance,and load ptvl till your problem. then send that log?
thanks

I uploaded a new log it should be available here (hope I didn't turn off too many flags...)
(2014-04-18, 17:00)omnicroncs Wrote:
(2014-04-17, 19:26)Lunatixz Wrote:

Your log has way to much stuff going on... can you start a clean xbmc instance,and load ptvl till your problem. then send that log?
thanks

I uploaded a new log it should be available here (hope I didn't turn off too many flags...)

did you try last nights update?
(2014-04-17, 23:30)Lunatixz Wrote:

Not a premium user (waiting till things are "wife approved"...lol). I will try out the update today and report back.
  • 240(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45