• 94(current)
Support Thread for libstagefright
Does exist something like a libstagefright-changelog ? If it exist - where can I find it Huh

Thank you

SaEt9000
The only person that maybe able to give you an answer would be Koying I think as he had a lot to do with libSF
As usual, our detailed changelog is github;-)
Hello together,

i have problems with libstagefright. I´m using gotham beta 3 with a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 (JB 4.2.2)
With some videos (local or stream) i can only hear the sound but can´t see any picture. After ~8sec. the sound stops.
When I disable libstagefright the same stream or local video plays fine.

With MX player all this videos are running fine too. (H/W+)

I have also tried some self converted HD videos. This videos are working good with hardware decoding under beta 3.

INFO: With an old alpha version (gotham alpha 9) every video plays fine.

Here you can find my debug log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=163835

Thanks in advance for your help
how come xbmc plays 1080P movies but dont play 1080i live tv streaming?
(2014-04-03, 11:42)tashkas Wrote: how come xbmc plays 1080P movies but dont play 1080i live tv streaming?

Probably because 1080p movies you're playing are heavily compressed mp4 movies thus have a lower bitrate, where 1080i live tv is a less compressed mpeg2 stream and run at a much higher bit rate. Also there was a bug found recently with XBMC that caused it to crash when playing an mpeg2 file, the workaround fix was just not let libstatgefright play the mpeg2 1080i stream. I don't know if that bug has been changed since it was found about a month ago.
Hello everybody,
I am having some problem reproducing SD contents with XBMC (Gotham Beta 3).
My platform is MK808B. Android 4.2.2.
No problem with HD contents that is reproduced without trouble.
I was able to disable libstagefright in advancesettings.xml for every codec except h264 avc (at the moment HD contents is almost all in this format), but the setting seems no to work with streamed contents (youtube).
Here a log trying to play an old youtube video

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=165309

It freeze after few seconds, then it is not possible to close XBMC anymore (I have to kill the task).

No problem with recent HD video.
Hope this help to understand the problem.
Bye
Forgot to say, that video played with no issue enabling mediacodec.
(2014-04-03, 12:25)bac522 Wrote:
(2014-04-03, 11:42)tashkas Wrote: how come xbmc plays 1080P movies but dont play 1080i live tv streaming?

Probably because 1080p movies you're playing are heavily compressed mp4 movies thus have a lower bitrate, where 1080i live tv is a less compressed mpeg2 stream and run at a much higher bit rate. Also there was a bug found recently with XBMC that caused it to crash when playing an mpeg2 file, the workaround fix was just not let libstatgefright play the mpeg2 1080i stream. I don't know if that bug has been changed since it was found about a month ago.

but i still have problems to watch 1080P movies on xbmc but with Archos player its runing smoothly no frame drops or lower fps etc.

1080p BluRay | 8.11 GB | 01:31:35
11 Mbps, 1920*1080 (16*9) @ 23.976 fps, AVC ([email protected]) (CABAC / 4 Ref Frames)
Lithuanian (Default), 384 Kbps, 48KHz, 16 bits, 6 channels, AC3 Dolby Digital 5.1
Russian, 640 Kbps, 48KHz, 16 bits, 6 channels, AC3 Dolby Digital 5.1
English, 640 Kbps, 48KHz, 16 bits, 6 channels, AC3 Dolby Digital 5.1
English UTF-8

this one runs fine on archos player, im using rk3188 i get 18600 antutu score.

1080i tv i want to watch has just 12mb bandwith, 22fps just.

missing intelaced settings it dont work too.
how to change audio settings, before there were hdmi and analog now it dissapeared im getting 6fps whats wrong with it?
I have a common problem related to libstagefright that I have saw posted by people on other forums, but the question remains unanswered so I'll try on this thread.

I have a K-R42, a Q7 and an MK908ii. All have different firmwares on them which corrects the micro frame skipping problem inherent with RK3188 devices.
I have tried SPMC, Gotham beta 3, Beyond 3.3 and 3.4. All use libstagefright for h/w accel.
When streaming certain films (it doesn't matter which source I use). The video freezes exactly ten minutes in (to the second). The top of the screen has green blocks and repeats the last couple of frames while the audio continues (if it's an HD link). With libstagefright disabled, it plays all the way through albeit very choppy. It also plays through in SD whether h/w accel is selected or not, so the problem lies with HD content only. One of the films in question is Grudge Match, I guarantee anyone who tries it with an RK3188 unit will experience this fault.
After much head scratching, custom rom flashes and numerous incarnations of XBMC. I finally thought I had the perfect combination, but it is libstagefright that is the only thing standing in the way of a perfect experience of XBMC for me.
Does anyone know of a fix or is there one in the pipeline? Any input would be much appreciated.
(2014-04-03, 21:04)Centurione Wrote: Hello everybody,
I am having some problem reproducing SD contents with XBMC (Gotham Beta 3).
My platform is MK808B. Android 4.2.2.
No problem with HD contents that is reproduced without trouble.
I was able to disable libstagefright in advancesettings.xml for every codec except h264 avc (at the moment HD contents is almost all in this format), but the setting seems no to work with streamed contents (youtube).
Here a log trying to play an old youtube video

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=165309

It freeze after few seconds, then it is not possible to close XBMC anymore (I have to kill the task).

No problem with recent HD video.
Hope this help to understand the problem.
Bye

I have same issue with my mk808b 4.2.2
(2014-04-14, 16:44)pupenhausen Wrote: I have a common problem related to libstagefright that I have saw posted by people on other forums, but the question remains unanswered so I'll try on this thread.

I have a K-R42, a Q7 and an MK908ii. All have different firmwares on them which corrects the micro frame skipping problem inherent with RK3188 devices.
I have tried SPMC, Gotham beta 3, Beyond 3.3 and 3.4. All use libstagefright for h/w accel.
When streaming certain films (it doesn't matter which source I use). The video freezes exactly ten minutes in (to the second). The top of the screen has green blocks and repeats the last couple of frames while the audio continues (if it's an HD link). With libstagefright disabled, it plays all the way through albeit very choppy. It also plays through in SD whether h/w accel is selected or not, so the problem lies with HD content only. One of the films in question is Grudge Match, I guarantee anyone who tries it with an RK3188 unit will experience this fault.
After much head scratching, custom rom flashes and numerous incarnations of XBMC. I finally thought I had the perfect combination, but it is libstagefright that is the only thing standing in the way of a perfect experience of XBMC for me.
Does anyone know of a fix or is there one in the pipeline? Any input would be much appreciated.

Confirmed this with all latest Gotham builds and a RK3188 ten minutes in video stops every time same way as above. MX player plays the same movie fine all the way thru.
DEVICE: Android TV on Konka 6369 (DNS K42DS712)
Cortex A9 dual-core CPU + double-core GPU Mali-400MP, RAM: 473 MB, Android 4.2.1

XBMC (13.0-RC1 Git:20140418-3a77615)
MediaCodec disabled, Libstagefright enabled

here is my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=179669

Extremely high CPU load while playing 720p video (up to 107%)
XBMC crashes trying play any 1080р videos.
(2014-04-19, 17:57)Kanst Wrote: DEVICE: Android TV on Konka 6369 (DNS K42DS712)
What's wrong with mediacodec? Please provide a log with it, too.
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support Thread for libstagefright6