• 27(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2014-04-12, 12:02)capfuturo Wrote: @Rob: That is an earlier post on page 23 here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1668638 however he just requested for the possibility of a patch. I also haven't seen the issues described when 'files do not exist', so it would be good to narrow down what it is.

Cheers, Jav

Hi Jav, thanks for the clarification

I had assumed this was an old issue - the correct way of doing overlay has been documented in the wiki (using the cached overlay information - enabled in settings).

The way shown in that post would be a bit overkill - doing multiple requests per page of programs - it is just not practical - which is why I have provided the "overlay method detailed in the wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...rs_Only.29

Rob

Edit:

@malosasha:
I do want to make it very clear - the way that you are trying to call videoextras is not suppoorted - the interface you are using is not designed to do what you are trying to do - please do not use it in this manner! If you would like overlay imaged, please use the method provided - I've done lots of work on getting this working, so you should use the method provided, and not butcher a different interface.
Rainbow 
Edit: wrong post earlier. Didn't realize you also have this add-on Rob and thought I was posting on Tv-Tunes! Please follow post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1680169
(2014-04-12, 09:12)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 00:36)malosasha Wrote: capfuturo, rob did you check this ?

if so is it possible to add a small patch to the addon to not hang when a file is not available especially on nfs/smb shares ?

Not sure what the problem you are reporting is.

I don't recall anyone reporting any hanging issues, not seen any logs etc either

Rob

when one enable the mentionned pr (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4482) and modify the skin to use list onitemchanged to display an extra flag, if the file do not exists , the callback never finish..

i guess that by default you assume that the file exists
(2014-04-13, 14:06)malosasha Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 09:12)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 00:36)malosasha Wrote: capfuturo, rob did you check this ?

if so is it possible to add a small patch to the addon to not hang when a file is not available especially on nfs/smb shares ?

Not sure what the problem you are reporting is.

I don't recall anyone reporting any hanging issues, not seen any logs etc either

Rob

when one enable the mentionned pr (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4482) and modify the skin to use list onitemchanged to display an extra flag, if the file do not exists , the callback never finish..

i guess that by default you assume that the file exists

As I mentioned in this post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1680023

This should NOT be done!

please cancel that modification request. (At least the skin change that calls videoextras - the mechanism itself is OK if video extras is not involved)

Rob
I am running Raspbmc on a Raspberry Pi and I am using the Confluence Moddefied skin and I have the Video Extras add installed. My files are located on a drobo5n and I use SMB to get my movies to play on my Raspbmc. My problem is I can hit the info button and see the extras tab but when I click on it nothing happens. Also to check on my desktop running XBMC I tried the same thing and it worked fine. I was wondering if any one had any ideas about this or if its even supported on Raspbmc. Thanks for your time

After a restart it has started working
(2014-04-19, 19:11)FattyD Wrote: I am running Raspbmc on a Raspberry Pi and I am using the Confluence Moddefied skin and I have the Video Extras add installed. My files are located on a drobo5n and I use SMB to get my movies to play on my Raspbmc. My problem is I can hit the info button and see the extras tab but when I click on it nothing happens. Also to check on my desktop running XBMC I tried the same thing and it worked fine. I was wondering if any one had any ideas about this or if its even supported on Raspbmc. Thanks for your time

After a restart it has started working

So nothing to look at then? :-)

If you do get problems, then feel free to post a log file, then we can take a look.

Rob
Rob you know what is missing a button on settings to delete flags, if you delete a folder of extras I will keep the flag even if you delete the png from the addon_data
(2014-04-19, 22:55)warlion Wrote: Rob you know what is missing a button on settings to delete flags, if you delete a folder of extras I will keep the flag even if you delete the png from the addon_data

If you mean the png's for the overlay - they will be regenerated (or at least checked) when you next start xbmc

Rob
i been testing that and the flag keep showing even after you delete the Extras folder , and restart xbmc , even if i delete the png directly on userdata\addon_data\script.videoextras\tvshows it keep showing not sure why

(2014-04-20, 00:57)warlion Wrote: i been testing that and the flag keep showing even after you delete the Extras folder , and restart xbmc , even if i delete the png directly on userdata\addon_data\script.videoextras\tvshows it keep showing not sure why

Looking at your screen shot, the directory does not contain 2.png. So it looks like VideoExtras has refreshed the directory when the system has started. Did you load the TV Shows screen very quickly after starting XBMC?

If another restart does not clear the flag on the skin, then it may be worth debugging into the skin to see why it thinks there is a 2.png in the directory when there is not.

Rob
Is been almost 7 robots today and still the flag , the last time this happens I had to delete the show from the library , I will do a debug tomorrow
Hi there Big Grin

Hope to get help for my problem. Huh

I have installed the addon with success at my confluence modded skin and I got the "Extras" Button as promised.
But when I hit the Button in the database I unfortunately got a list of extras with the same name as the movie, so I cant figure out
what kind of material (trailer, behind the sceens etc.) is behind the link. Is this normal? Is there maybe a way to show the filename of the extra material instead?

thx for help! Blush
(2014-04-20, 13:14)Honko Wrote: Hi there Big Grin

I have installed the addon with success at my confluence modded skin and I got the "Extras" Button as promised.
But when I hit the Button in the database I unfortunately got a list of extras with the same name as the movie, so I cant figure out
what kind of material (trailer, behind the sceens etc.) is behind the link. Is this normal? Is there maybe a way to show the filename of the extra material instead?

thx for help! Blush

Have you followed the naming rules (or NFO details) covered on the wiki?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras

What is your setting, did you update the advancedsettings.xml file.

Rob
New Beta

Hi All,

I have constructed a new beta zip:

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/rel...1.0.7b.zip

(For those of you that also use TvTunes, it is a bit similar to the 4.3.6 beta that I posted the other day)

It gives you the ability to "browse" your extras files. It is implemented as a plugin and can be accessed in the following ways:

1) Via the VideoExtras Settings screen "Database" -> "Browse Extras"
2) From the Programs Menu -> VideoExtras
3) Videos -> Addons -> VideoExtras

The plugin part (the bit just added) will start my showing you Movies/TV Shows/Music Videos menus, then the appropriate Movies/TV Shows/Music Videos that have extras, then selecting them will show the extras, which you can play by clicking on them.

There is one bug that I can just not resolve at the moment (tried several things, none of which have worked). And that is, if you have a partially played extra, (in confluence - and most probably other skins), and select it to play, then it will prompt you to play/resume - no matter what you click - it will resume.

I have posted the following for assistance - but no responses at the time of posting this beta:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192627

(If you know how to fit this - then please let me know - at the moment it will remain a known issue - it looks like an XBMC bug to me - as the VideoExtras addon did not ask for it to be displayed - and there seems to be no way for VideoExtras to calculate what the user clicked on!)

Please can a few people give it a try and see what you thing - but please remember - it is a beta!

Rob
(2014-04-20, 15:37)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 13:14)Honko Wrote: Hi there Big Grin

thx for help! Blush

Have you followed the naming rules (or NFO details) covered on the wiki?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras

What is your setting, did you update the advancedsettings.xml file.

Rob

I used an Folder named "Extras" for the bonuses in the Movie Folder, but no further renaming as I thought this would be enough?
I also added the following as found in the wiki to the advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>-extras-</regexp>
<regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
<regexp>Extras</regexp>
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>extras</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan>
<regexp>-extras-</regexp>
<regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
<regexp>Extras</regexp>
<regexp>/extras/</regexp>
<regexp>extras</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extras[\\/]</regexp>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>

All settings in the addon are left at "standard"

As I say, the Extra-Button appears and the bonus-material will shown, but unfortunately all the material with the same name of the movie.

pls help!
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2