• 53(current)
librtmp - Help Thread
(2014-04-16, 10:40)patria o muerte Wrote: Hi RedPenguin,
i have two problems with Beyondxbmc 3.4 which includes your rtmplib update:
1: youtube addon doesn't work at all;
2: it's not possible to add sources to livestreams.

Are those problems related to the rtmp library ?
Thanks.

YouTube I know would not be librtmp, it uses the HTTP/HLS protocol for everything.

Not adding a soure to LiveStreams couldn't be caused by librtmp. Now if some didn't play that were RTMP yes.
I have XBMC on my TV Box running Android. How do I update librtmp ? Where do I get the latest Android version of librtmp ?
(2014-04-20, 16:54)miniteeg Wrote: I have XBMC on my TV Box running Android. How do I update librtmp ? Where do I get the latest Android version of librtmp ?

Easiest way is to go to my Mediafire and get one of my Android APK.

Just be warned you may or may not lose your current settings as my APK sig is different but you can upgrade my APKs without settings loss if I make new APKs later.
(2014-04-20, 19:23)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 16:54)miniteeg Wrote: I have XBMC on my TV Box running Android. How do I update librtmp ? Where do I get the latest Android version of librtmp ?

Just be warned you may or may not lose your current settings as my APK sig is different but you can upgrade my APKs without settings loss if I make new APKs later.

Where do I place it on Android and on MAC ?
(2014-04-20, 22:27)miniteeg Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 19:23)RedPenguin Wrote:

Doesn't matter where you place the APK normally on an Android, you just install it as normal.

On a Mac you just install XBMC as normal and place the file in the proper location:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...te_librtmp

Has the location info you need.
(2014-04-20, 22:31)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 22:27)miniteeg Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 19:23)RedPenguin Wrote: Easiest way is to go to my Mediafire and get one of my Android APK.

Doesn't matter where you place the APK normally on an Android, you just install it as normal.

On a Mac you just install XBMC as normal and place the file in the proper location:

I had a look on that link before I asked and that was the reason I asked. For example for Mac it says /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/librtmp.0.dylib while librtmp.0.dylib is a file and not a folder, how would I place a file in another file !
In Android. I am running Kitkat. I have XBMC on Internal SD so the location I reached was / /Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc//userdata/library and library is currently empty. Just making sure it is the right location.
(2014-04-21, 05:15)miniteeg Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 22:31)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 22:27)miniteeg Wrote: Where do I place it on Android and on MAC ?

I had a look on that link before I asked and that was the reason I asked. For example for Mac it says /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/librtmp.0.dylib while librtmp.0.dylib is a file and not a folder, how would I place a file in another file !
In Android. I am running Kitkat. I have XBMC on Internal SD so the location I reached was / /Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc//userdata/library and library is currently empty. Just making sure it is the right location.

Like RP said, for Androind, run the apk file, you dont have to copy the librtmp file manually, its already updated in the apk file, so install like you normally install an application on Android.

For Mac, there is no installation with update librtmp file, so whatever you have installed, and then overrite that file with the one RP provided. The instructions in that links is actuall saying that overwrite/replace the existing file with the new one.

-shani
(2014-04-21, 06:15)Shani-08 Wrote:
(2014-04-21, 05:15)miniteeg Wrote:
(2014-04-20, 22:31)RedPenguin Wrote: Doesn't matter where you place the APK normally on an Android, you just install it as normal.

Like RP said, for Androind, run the apk file, you dont have to copy the librtmp file manually, its already updated in the apk file, so install like you normally install an application on Android.

For Mac, there is no installation with update librtmp file, so whatever you have installed, and then overrite that file with the one RP provided. The instructions in that links is actuall saying that overwrite/replace the existing file with the new one.

-shani

I already have XBMC on my Android. What difference will it make if I reinstall it ?! only need to make sure I am pasting the file 'librtmp.so' in the correct location cause I haven't found an older file to replace.

For Mac, librtmp.0.dylib is a file in the sub-folder Frameworks. So do I place librtmp.so in the same folder ?
Good questions.
Yes for Mac, take the backup of existing file. .
For Android, you can also copy the file but 2 issues.
1. On the reboot your file will be reverted back to original so be prepare to replace again and again.
2. You would require root access to see that folder.
(2014-04-21, 10:20)Shani-08 Wrote: Good questions.
1. On the reboot your file will be reverted back to original so be prepare to replace again and again.

I pasted the file into /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks on Mac and into /Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc//userdata/library on the Android device. Unfortunately I do not see any benefit so far. Same channels are not working although they are in a group that has a red alert highlighting that we must have the latest librtmp.

Am I missing something ?
HOW TO UPDATE librtmp.so FILE OF SHANI's/RP's IN YOUR ANDROID PHONE AND ANDROID DEVICE

1-Download ES File Explorer (From play store its free)
2-Download librtmp.so file
3-open ES File Explorer
4-Click menue button in your phone
5-Click Setting
6-Click File Setting
7-Check Show Hidden Files if its un-checked
8-Ckick back button in your phone
9-Scroll down to Root Explorer
10-Check this if its un-checked
11-Supper User will ask your permission click yes
12-Click back button in your phone once
13-Copy the downloaded librtmp.so file
14-Click home icon on the top(it should be the first icon to the left if its not then click the first icon it will change into home icon
15-Click data>again data>scroll down and fnd org.xbmc.xbmc> click lib> here u paste librtmp.so it will ask the file will be over written click ok that's it ENJOY UPDATED LIBRTMP

NOTE:if u update the file then don't reboot the phone/device bcoz after every reboot xbmc revert back to the defoult librtmp.so file, so if you reboot the phone then you have to update again Thanks
(2014-04-21, 20:32)miniteeg Wrote:
(2014-04-21, 10:20)Shani-08 Wrote: Good questions.

I pasted the file into /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks on Mac and into /Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc//userdata/library on the Android device. Unfortunately I do not see any benefit so far. Same channels are not working although they are in a group that has a red alert highlighting that we must have the latest librtmp.

Am I missing something ?

I am not sure about the stream in question but if you want to validate the installation or the librtmp is the correct one then get my repo (https://github.com/Shani-08/ShaniXBMCWor...ni-2.3.zip) and install JagoBD addon and try running some channels, if you are able to run it without problems then your librtmp is updated.
BTW, the android directory you chose is the wrong one, check that link to find proper one, its \data\data...... something.
-shani
patw Wrote:
Anyone?

System geexbox 3.1
In xbmc 12,3/System it says Linux 3,6,9
Hardware Cubox
Processor
Marvell Armada 510 ARMv7
Frequency
800 MHz
Memory
1 GB DDR3-800MHz
Coprocessor
Vivante GC600[/align] GPU

Librtmp with Linux 32 System reboot, rpi Version Nothing happes

This is Output with rpi librtmp

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=172384
(2014-04-22, 21:43)patw Wrote: patw Wrote:
Anyone?

System geexbox 3.1
In xbmc 12,3/System it says Linux 3,6,9
Hardware Cubox
Processor
Marvell Armada 510 ARMv7
Frequency
800 MHz
Memory
1 GB DDR3-800MHz
Coprocessor
Vivante GC600[/align] GPU

Librtmp with Linux 32 System reboot, rpi Version Nothing happes

This is Output with rpi librtmp

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=172384

You are saying Linux 32 actually reboots with librtmp? That is very bizzare because I can see XBMC crashing but if it reboots the entire system, something is really wrong. I know sometimes folks get the permissions and/or user/group wrong on the file and XBMC then crashes but it should not cause a system reboot. Unless perhaps the distro is set to reboot on an XBMC crash.

Also myself or others have no real way to diagnose your RPi without having the actual link it's failing on. I tried Googling what info you left in the log but got no where.
Well, from the log, it's clear that the stream was tried many times so it's not librtmp rebooting as it would've done on first try. so when does it reboots? When you come out of addon or xbmc or it's during playtime it reboots?
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
librtmp - Help Thread8