• 15(current)
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists
I've had some wired problems with the plugin, it just wouldn't work correctly.As of now, I think the problem lies in how I start the plugin automatically via autoexce.py:

PHP Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunAddon(script.lastfmplaylistgeneratorPM)"

But the script automatically adds some prerequists to the autoexce.py on every start. It doesn't check if these prerequisits are arelady present but just removes them and adds them again at the end of the file. Thus, the command to start the script is exceuted before it is initialized. I just removed line 66&67 in pm.py after the first start and wrote autoexece.py by myself.

Maybe this is of use to someone.

pm.py:
PHP Code:
#66        #removeauto('lastfmplaylistgeneratorpm')
#67        #addauto("if os.path.exists('" + os.path.normpath(process).replace('\\','\\\\') + "'):#lastfmplaylistgeneratorpm\n\tos.remove('" + os.path.normpath(process).replace('\\','\\\\') + "')","lastfmplaylistgeneratorpm") 

autoexece.py:
PHP Code:
import xbmc#lastfmplaylistgeneratorpm
import os#lastfmplaylistgeneratorpm
import time#lastfmplaylistgeneratorpm
time.sleep(2)#lastfmplaylistgeneratorpm
if os.path.exists('C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.lastfmplaylistgeneratorPM\\resources\\pm.pid'):#lastfmplaylistgeneratorpm

os.remove('C:\\Users\\Administrator\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.lastfmplaylistgeneratorPM\\resources\\pm.pid')#lastfmplaylistgeneratorpm

xbmc.executebuiltin("RunAddon(script.lastfmplaylistgeneratorPM)"
Great add-on, use it constantly for music, however, I'm not able to install an update to 1.1.3 - getting 'Dependencies not met' message.

I am running Gotham b3 at the minute - any ideas?
I'm guessing you have the wrong addon.xml file. Try downloading the one from github.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mortst.../addon.xml
Great add-on - I've been using this for a while now.

Just recently, I keep getting no matches - even on songs where I previously had plenty. Is this a known issue?
Hello

Question:
Does this only work if you've got a Last.FM Acount?

Looking for a Way to display Simular Artists (in Artists View), and do at least perhaps a Youtube search for them.

Regards.
(2014-04-20, 22:11)scaramanga1 Wrote: Just recently, I keep getting no matches - even on songs where I previously had plenty. Is this a known issue?

Not that I know. Maybe you need to rescan your library.

(2014-04-21, 21:24)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: Question:
Does this only work if you've got a Last.FM Acount?

No, you do not need a Last.FM account. The addon is using the xbmc api key to query the lastfm api services.
(2014-04-20, 22:11)scaramanga1 Wrote: Great add-on - I've been using this for a while now.

Just recently, I keep getting no matches - even on songs where I previously had plenty. Is this a known issue?

I'm seeing the same thing - hardly getting a single result.

BTW - I presume it makes no difference if the track number is included in the song's "title" tag or not?

(Ie if the song by Artist 2NE1 is imported into XBMC library with title tag "02 - Come Back Home" or just "Come Back Home" it shouldn't make a difference right?)
Just discovered this wonderful add-on, love it! Does it only work when launching it, then selecting a song, or does it work with the currently playing song as well? Like the other way round. Didn't quite figure out the behavior.
Does the addon work with Gotham, btw? I'm contemplating an upgrade, and am partly basing this descision on if this script will work or not.

As it's prolly my most used addon. ;-)
(2014-05-05, 21:26)pwriesnik Wrote: Just discovered this wonderful add-on, love it! Does it only work when launching it, then selecting a song, or does it work with the currently playing song as well? Like the other way round. Didn't quite figure out the behavior.

It works with currently playing song. I.e When a song starts playing, similar songs are added to the playlist.

(2014-05-06, 08:36)Ferdi-T Wrote: Does the addon work with Gotham, btw? I'm contemplating an upgrade, and am partly basing this descision on if this script will work or not.

As it's prolly my most used addon. ;-)

That's nice Smile
I haven't tested it on Gotham final yet, but it works for me on Beta 4.

Kiboy6: I do believe there will be a problem if the track number is part of the title tag, as I'm using the title tag to query last.fm
http://www.last.fm/music/Pink+Floyd/_/Time/+similar
vs
http://www.last.fm/music/Pink+Floyd/_/4+Time/+similar (which does not return any matches)
What I figured out so far is that once the script is on, it keeps populating the playlist with matching songs. But how do you turn off the playlist generator? It this even intentionally?
Run the addon again, and you'll be asked if you want to exit
Best addon out there. Its astounding how accurate it is, It always seems to play music i really like, for that particular genre. Smile
(2014-05-06, 12:55)ErlendSB Wrote: Run the addon again, and you'll be asked if you want to exit

Ahh, there you go! Thanks!

Last question: does this add-on somehow alter the party mode feature of xbmc?
Not sure. If partymode creates a big playlist from the start, I guess it alters it by appending tracks to the bottom of it as you go.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Last.FM Playlist Generator Script - Auto Generate Similar Music Playlists5