• 274(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
depending which skin your using , try pressing each cursor key a couple of times in one direction. it will show up
I'm using Aeon MQ5 and the Confluence skin for the browser. Every way I try, nothing seems to work or show that menu.

If i change the plugin skin to Night or Simplicity, this has no effect either.

Have tried blowing the plugin away and starting again, but to no avail. I consider myself to be fairly technical yet this simple task is getting the better of me!
Managed to work it out... Go across until I got the menu at the top of the screen with "Smart shortcuts, Collection/change view, Filters/change view, Art", then hit UP again to change the view type when either of the change view buttons are highlighted.
sweet got it sorted.. just incase anyone else makes the same mistake as I have for the last 2 days.. make sure your artwork filenames don't have leading or trailing spaces otherwise they may not match the rom name and wont show up
Hey!
Long time user of RCB, but I've been using my Wii for a while now due to now having a proper gamepad for my PC, but now that's settled and I can return to setup RCB once again, this time to perfection Smile

Anyway, I'm thinking of using retroarch as my main emulator(s). I used it on my Wii as well, but I found it to be a bit daunting to setup.

When I point to retroarch.exe do I need to specify additional parameters so RA knows which core I want to use?
The core's I'm thinking about using are, snes9x next, nestopia, mednafen (PSX), and genesis.
For example, my NES emulator cmd is just "e:\games\retroarch\retroarch.exe".

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!

Cheers!
im using hyperlaunch , if you can set that up ,then rcb just uses hyperlaunch.exe as every emulators executable and "system name as its setup in hyperlaunch" "%ROMNAME%" to work pretty straight forward.
the reason im using hyperlaunch is because I have an hyperspin setup but due to it not giving me what I want from a frontend I decided xbmc was the way to go, and gotta say im glad I did.

all I need now is to have a sub menu for each system
ZexisStryfe Wrote:Any update on the archive.vg scraper issues? When I scrape with it on I get invalid images and no info- when I scrape with it off I get info an no images...
Afaik, there is no working archive.vg API right now. They are working on a new API release for several months now but I have no idea how they progress or if/when they will be ready to go.

djm1319 Wrote:What I would like to do is create a number of shortcuts for Steam that start xbmc on 'Movies' or 'Games' or even subdirectories or locations found in programs like Advanced Launcher.

An example of this: 'Playstation 1' or 'Nintendo Entertainment System' since those are both subdirectories in Advanced Launcher

Just an idea I came up with while finishing up my setup. All help is appreciated.
Something like this is planned for future releases but I can't promise any dates. At least there should be an option to launch certain rom collections from home screen.

joebloggs12 Wrote:does rcb store this in another place as well as the nfo files
RCB stores everything in its database "MyGames.db". The nfo files can be used to reimport data without scraping online again.

joebloggs12 Wrote:can I update to the latest rcb without losing my setup from version 2.10
From 2.0.10 to 2.0.13 you should be able to update without issues. Your config files and database should be kept intact. For future updates: it may happen that changes to your config or data files are required. RCB will perform these changes automatically between stable releases (releases that are available via official XBMC repo). But between test releases this is not guaranteed. To be on the safe side you should check the release posts here in this thread if you update to a test release in future.

Komerad Wrote:Still strugling with the audio now. When I exit rcb the audio is gone (not that i have any sound in retroarch, what worked on previous installs doesnt work anymore now.)
I have to go to system and select the audio again.
This could be something between bug and misconfiguration. When you use solo mode you should disable "Suspend Audio" option in "Addon Settings/Launch Games". In a later release I have to make sure that RCB does not suspend audio when solo mode is enabled.

joebloggs12 Wrote:does anyone know what will batch convert to jpeg that is compatible with rcb
IrfanView has some good batch conversions. There will be others too.

san7a Wrote:I'm having what seems to be a simple issue of changing the view from a vertical list to anything else...

I'm using Aeon MQ5 and the Confluence skin for the browser.
To use the confluence skin of RCB in a skin that ships its own RCB files (like Aeon MQ 3,4,5 oder Aeon Nox) you need to delete (or rename) all RCB specific skin files in your skins main directory.

joebloggs12 Wrote:sweet got it sorted.. just incase anyone else makes the same mistake as I have for the last 2 days.. make sure your artwork filenames don't have leading or trailing spaces otherwise they may not match the rom name and wont show up
So all your issues are gone now or are you still struggling with the video files?

e2zippo Wrote:When I point to retroarch.exe do I need to specify additional parameters so RA knows which core I want to use?
The core's I'm thinking about using are, snes9x next, nestopia, mednafen (PSX), and genesis.
Yes, you should tell retroarch which core it should use. I could post some examples of my configuration when I am back home (and if I don't forget itSmile).
(2014-04-22, 14:42)malte Wrote:
e2zippo Wrote:When I point to retroarch.exe do I need to specify additional parameters so RA knows which core I want to use?
Yes, you should tell retroarch which core it should use. I could post some examples of my configuration when I am back home (and if I don't forget itSmile).

I figured it out

Code:
-f -L E:\Spel\Emulation\Retroarch\cores\mednafen_psx_libretro.dll "%rom%"

in my case.

Another question that I tried to find the answer to was psx disc indicator, I can't get it right.

Right now when I press Chrono Cross I get faced with two _Disk

I'm using _Disk as indicator and my file names are as follows.

Chrono Cross_Disk 1.img
Chrono Cross_Disk 2.img

I've tried without a space between Disk and the number as well with the same result.

Anything I'm missing here?

Cheers!
all issue gone now mate. all the probs where issues I created when renaming files, I never realised when I batch renamed that I was leaving spaces at the end of filenames.just took me a couple of days to figure what I was doing wrong

gotta say your add on is great. keep up the good work ,much appreciated

is it possible to add a sub menu at the moment , that's the only thing I couldn't work out

**EDIT** there is one thing , can the size of the box art be changed so its larger on info 1 layout in confulance
e2zippo Wrote:I'm using _Disk as indicator and my file names are as follows.

Chrono Cross_Disk 1.img
Chrono Cross_Disk 2.img
I guess it must be "_Disk *" or "_Disk*" then (without "").

joebloggs12 Wrote:there is one thing , can the size of the box art be changed so its larger on info 1 layout in confulance
Not per configuration. You can only change if it shows 4 small or 1 large image but not the size of a single image. You could only change this in the skin files directly.
(2014-04-22, 18:00)malte Wrote:

Chrono Cross_Disk 1.img
Chrono Cross_Disk 2.img

You mean the file name?

But I'm already using "_Disk *" now, and before that I tried "_Disk*" and it yields the same result?
(2014-04-22, 20:09)e2zippo Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 18:00)malte Wrote:

Chrono Cross_Disk 1.img
Chrono Cross_Disk 2.img

You mean the file name?

But I'm already using "_Disk *" now, and before that I tried "_Disk*" and it yields the same result?
I mean as disk indicator. But I checked it again and it should be "_Disk*." or "_Disk *." (with a . at the end).
When I try to do something in the context menu (i.e. Edit rom collection, import, rescrape, clean database) about 80% of the time it freezes my system and I have to hard reset the pc.
I just restarted the pc nearly 10 times just so I could import a handful of gba roms.
This is on Ubuntu 13.04, running Xbmc frodo.

Please tell me this is a known problem, and that there is a way to fix it : )

Also, aside from the above issue and some scraping problems, this is great. For months I couldn't get advanced launcher to do anything with my emulators, but RCB launched every game first time. Thanks for that.
thanks malte, im all sorted now , I had a problem with a wrong boxart ,but after a bit of reading I realised it was a cached image and it corrected itself
(2014-04-23, 12:09)BirdWorldOrder Wrote: When I try to do something in the context menu (i.e. Edit rom collection, import, rescrape, clean database) about 80% of the time it freezes my system and I have to hard reset the pc.
I just restarted the pc nearly 10 times just so I could import a handful of gba roms.
This is on Ubuntu 13.04, running Xbmc frodo.

Please tell me this is a known problem, and that there is a way to fix it : )

Also, aside from the above issue and some scraping problems, this is great. For months I couldn't get advanced launcher to do anything with my emulators, but RCB launched every game first time. Thanks for that.

I noticed when scraping games it froze when using the conflance skin, I switched to aeon nox and it seemed to fix the problem. so may be a skin issue
  • 274(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20