• 243(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-04-21, 21:41)Lunatixz Wrote: 1. xbmc plugin can be parsed using chtype 15, or individual sources from a plugin can be added using chtype 8 or 9.
As far as direct launching android apps... I really want to add full support for android os to Pseudotv, but currently I do not own any android TV devices to test ( I really want a amazon fire TV... but my wife will kill me if I buy another htpc device).
I believe the android platform is the future for XBMC, so hopeful I will get my hands on something soon.

2. Read post 1, extras are a thank you gift for donor support. I plan on adding more "legal" site parsing... currently work on crackle movies.

OK so parsing plug-ins = manually editing the settings xml files correct?

I saw the line that said to PM you when you donate for an ID and Password, but I must have missed what the extras are Smile

Assuming I can get this working my incoming HomeRunHD and a few plug-ins I will be donating!!!

Yes I agree about the FireTV, but I some rumors that Google is possibly resurrecting the Google TV If so, looking at the nexus line, it should be as good or better then anything out there and run 100% perfect on pure Android! so I am holding off for a bit... well that and the whole wife approval thing LOL

And thank you for not lighting me up for not reading the entire 242 pages Tongue
(2014-04-21, 21:41)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-21, 21:02)bilbo6209 Wrote: Hey guys,

I have not read through the entire thread, but have attempted to search without much succes.... I have a couple questions

1. Is it possible to create a channel on Pseudotv live that points at either a XBMC add-in for example Discovery channels, or an Android app like netflix ( I'm sure you wouldn't be able to browse movies etc on netflix, but at least PseudoTV could maybe launch it)?

2. What are the donor extras?

Thanks
Bill
1. xbmc plugin can be parsed using chtype 15, or individual sources from a plugin can be added using chtype 8 or 9.
As far as direct launching android apps... I really want to add full support for android os to Pseudotv, but currently I do not own any android TV devices to test ( I really want a amazon fire TV... but my wife will kill me if I buy another htpc device).
I believe the android platform is the future for XBMC, so hopeful I will get my hands on something soon.

2. Read post 1, extras are a thank you gift for donor support. I plan on adding more "legal" site parsing... currently work on crackle movies.

crackle movies would be great and some android option also. i mainly use xbmc/pstvl on my ouya im loving it i wish i could figure out a way to get my dish network channels on xbmc/pstvl been trying for months and still no closer to achieving it lol.
(2014-04-21, 22:14)scilz Wrote: crackle movies would be great and some android option also. i mainly use xbmc/pstvl on my ouya im loving it i wish i could figure out a way to get my dish network channels on xbmc/pstvl been trying for months and still no closer to achieving it lol.

Scilz,
I am working on my ODroid u2 first, and then I will be setting up PSTVL on my ouya next Tongue and then most likely on my little windows HTPC too LOL

Hmmm at least currently, for Directv without having app support built into PSTVL, I dont know if you will have much luck getting it to work. Only option I could think of would be to set up GenieGo and the android app (if your rooted you might need to find a version with the root check disabled), and then you would have to launch it but I dont think PSTVL could do it, but I am a noob so I easily could be wrong Smile
(2014-04-21, 22:14)scilz Wrote:
(2014-04-21, 21:41)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-21, 21:02)bilbo6209 Wrote: Hey guys,

I have not read through the entire thread, but have attempted to search without much succes.... I have a couple questions

1. Is it possible to create a channel on Pseudotv live that points at either a XBMC add-in for example Discovery channels, or an Android app like netflix ( I'm sure you wouldn't be able to browse movies etc on netflix, but at least PseudoTV could maybe launch it)?

2. What are the donor extras?

Thanks
Bill
1. xbmc plugin can be parsed using chtype 15, or individual sources from a plugin can be added using chtype 8 or 9.

crackle movies would be great and some android option also. i mainly use xbmc/pstvl on my ouya im loving it i wish i could figure out a way to get my dish network channels on xbmc/pstvl been trying for months and still no closer to achieving it lol.

Why not setup a xbmc pvr backend? Or use hdhomerun prime with cable card...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-04-21, 22:31)Lunatixz Wrote: Why not setup a xbmc pvr backend? Or use hdhomerun prime with cable card...

I haven't looked for some time, but I don't think you can get a cable card for either Dish Network or Directv satellite Sad But good thought
from what i have read hdhome run wont work with dish network. only option i found was a Hauppauge HD PVR but i'm not sure how well that will work with xbmc if at all.
Hey Lunatixz,

How can I fix the non-english special characters in the EPG? Like é,ó,í... They are not showing for me, its very hard to read without then...
Is hiding the Seekbar still working / possible?

EDIT: Disregard, I figured out the issue. Added an entirely new <visible> section under the existing one and it worked without issues.
(2014-04-22, 02:07)cybeard Wrote: Hey Lunatixz,

How can I fix the non-english special characters in the EPG? Like é,ó,í... They are not showing for me, its very hard to read without then...
Try this:Go to settings,under misc disable "system caching",then force reset channels and you must be able to see the non-english sets.

keep an eye on "common plugin cache" update...then enable "system caching" again.
Thanks, first of all, for the great work you've been doing on this script! I recently acquired two Amazon Fire TV's and have installed XBMC. My wife loves using PseudoTV on our HTPC's, but the plugin doesn't work with Gotham (the only version that plays HD videos smoothly on Fire TV). I tried to download your fork from the first post, but all of the links lead to a dead end. When I try to download the zip from github, it gives this message: "No server is available to handle this request."

Is there somewhere else I should be downloading this from, or is it not ready for public download yet?

Thanks!

*EDIT*
Never mind! Apparently github was having a temporary issue. I was able to download the addon. Thanks again, Lunatixz!
Update to latest today, 3.7 (https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...f3ba9586ce)

Guide is displayed for a few seconds then disappears, PTVL remains on active channel an done is unable to change it. Black screen when exiting. Log below.

Log:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58850968/xbmc.log
(2014-04-23, 04:22)ylafont Wrote: Update to latest today, 3.7 (https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...f3ba9586ce)

Guide is displayed for a few seconds then disappears, PTVL remains on active channel an done is unable to change it. Black screen when exiting. Log below.

Log:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58850968/xbmc.log

There are no errors in your log... but I do see you have script.randomandlastitems installed. Its listed on post3 as a known issue.

Also try force resetting channels, disabling dynamic artwork or disable artwork downloading.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-04-23, 04:35)Lunatixz Wrote: Also try force resetting channels, disabling dynamic artwork or disable artwork downloading.

That weird, Rescanning channels did the trick! thanks Luna.
(2014-04-20, 18:35)scilz Wrote: Image

here is a ss i still need to finish up a few things.
any suggestions are welcome.

Cool.....Looking good! Smile
Started my own effort a while back too. When I get some time and motivation, maybe it will actually get finished. Smile
Well done anyway. Looking forward to when you complete.
Anyone know of a Metro/Xbox One type skin for PSTV live?
  • 243(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45