• 128(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
Hi...I'm a relative newbie. I've had XBMC and AEON MQ 5 running for a few months. I absolutely love it.

But one thing that I haven't quite figured out are the player control buttons while watching a video (in the OSD). They "unhide" themselves as a result of either mouse or cursor movement on the screen. But I have a heck of a time scrolling through these buttons using my keyboard remote. As soon as I hit a direction key, the whole set of buttons hides itself again. I find myself needing to change buttons to select subtitles, or stop a video - among other things.

I must be missing something - is there any way to make these controls "sticky" for more than a couple of seconds while scrolling back and forth between individual controls so that I can easily select another button, without the whole display disappearing again?

UPDATE: I figured it out. Just hit the ENTER key. The OSD controls stay put while you scroll through them.
Cheers................................DenmanGuy

Amp: ONKYO TX-SR494; Display: SAMSUNG Q60 58" QLED TV; Processor: Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2nd Gen) - Quad-core 2.0GHz; OS: Android; RAM: 16 GB; KODI: 20.2.0
2 things for me. "Display collection fanart" for TV shows just shows a black screen on the main menu. I use smart playlists for movies and 3D movies so I can't use collection fanart. Where is all fanart stored? Maybe I can make each section just point to that directory. I am on OpenElec but the XBMC directory structure should be similar.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-04-24, 18:38)patseguin Wrote: 2 things for me. "Display collection fanart" for TV shows just shows a black screen on the main menu. I use smart playlists for movies and 3D movies so I can't use collection fanart. Where is all fanart stored? Maybe I can make each section just point to that directory. I am on OpenElec but the XBMC directory structure should be similar.

Have you tried the artwork organizer addon?

It will copy all fanart to directories within the addon_data folder in your userdata folder and then you can point MQ5 to the tvshowfanart folder.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Is there a tag for marking movies and TV shows as "new" like in Aeon Nox?
(2014-04-24, 19:16)thrak76 Wrote:
(2014-04-24, 18:38)patseguin Wrote: 2 things for me. "Display collection fanart" for TV shows just shows a black screen on the main menu. I use smart playlists for movies and 3D movies so I can't use collection fanart. Where is all fanart stored? Maybe I can make each section just point to that directory. I am on OpenElec but the XBMC directory structure should be similar.

Have you tried the artwork organizer addon?

It will copy all fanart to directories within the addon_data folder in your userdata folder and then you can point MQ5 to the tvshowfanart folder.

Yeah actually that addon fails every time I run it.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I had that problem too. My fix was to uninstall it, delete any addon_data, and then reinstall and use only default settings.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Uninstall the skin completely or just the organizer addon?
(2014-04-23, 00:27)jbrady3324 Wrote: Is there a tag for marking movies and TV shows as "new" like in Aeon Nox?

No.

(2014-04-22, 08:14)coullgfx Wrote: Hello new to using this skin, and xbmc as a whole, but I have decided this is the skin I will be using for my newly built htpc.

I am wondering how I create playlists, cant seem to figure it out, I will be downloading some movies and putting them into separate folders, such as movies, kids movies, anime etc.
I would like to have a main menu item for each of those, im guessing its playlists I need to do itm but don't know how.

I would also like to add a comic section to main menu, will that be the exact same as above?

Also is there a way to change the background picture for each menu, or even to use fanart for files I have in those menus?

I imagine I will have more questions in the future, but they are things I would like to figure out for now.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

This tutorial explains how to set up your playlists.

Then add them to the main menu through the 'customize main menu' button on the settings sub-menu.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-04-24, 21:18)patseguin Wrote: Uninstall the skin completely or just the organizer addon?

Just the addon

thrak76 is right, your fanart isn't stored in one centralised place, unless you use artwork organizer.

If you are running openelec you aren't easily going to be able to browse to the addon_data folder once you run the addon. So you should move the folder it creates to somewhere in your home folder (Downloads for example) through the samba share.

(2014-04-24, 22:03)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 00:27)jbrady3324 Wrote: Is there a tag for marking movies and TV shows as "new" like in Aeon Nox?

No.

Thanks. I suppose it is possible to edit the code to do this?
(2014-04-24, 22:03)Samu-rai Wrote:

No.

(2014-04-22, 08:14)coullgfx Wrote: Hello new to using this skin, and xbmc as a whole, but I have decided this is the skin I will be using for my newly built htpc.

I am wondering how I create playlists, cant seem to figure it out, I will be downloading some movies and putting them into separate folders, such as movies, kids movies, anime etc.
I would like to have a main menu item for each of those, im guessing its playlists I need to do itm but don't know how.

I would also like to add a comic section to main menu, will that be the exact same as above?

Also is there a way to change the background picture for each menu, or even to use fanart for files I have in those menus?

I imagine I will have more questions in the future, but they are things I would like to figure out for now.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

This tutorial explains how to set up your playlists.

Then add them to the main menu through the 'customize main menu' button on the settings sub-menu.

Hi thanks for reply, I have managed to create a few smart playlists, I have uploaded a tv show to New hdd, it's called the 100, but it isn't showing above the main menu when I highlight my tv shows playlist, it is just a blank video logo, which I can't select, but it is showing inside the tv shows folder.

Have I done something wrong, I like the look of them appearing above main menu, as that is how it looked when I was practicing on home pc
It sounds like the playlist isn't set up correctly. If you post a screen shot of your rule I'll take a look.

Edit: How have you added it to the home screen? Replace with video playlist?

(2014-04-25, 22:07)Samu-rai Wrote: It sounds like the playlist isn't set up correctly. If you post a screen shot of your rule I'll take a look.

Edit: How have you added it to the home screen? Replace with video playlist?

1st pic shows the blank video file, which I was hoping would be cover art for "the 100" the arrow picture is just part of my created theme.

I went along to customise main menu, under settings, and I replaced the movies and tv shows tabs, with the playlists I created, the path I used for them was the folders I created, as of now, I have no movies to check it out, but I am uploading a pile of tv shows just now, "the 100" is already on there though
Yeah. Widgets work with smart playlists.

Have you got them set to 'In progress' by any chance?

• 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 520