• 3(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
My G-box is running the Frodo version of your software beautifully - WiFi and all. Will this firmware also run on the A11? I've been reluctant to try it, but my have to if you tell me it will run.
Hi dhead,

Great work on getting an image with a working wifi. I've got a couple of problems though. I've noticed the same thing as pkates, i have a mele f10 remote which uses a USB receiver and it doesn't work, it doesn't register any keypresses. On J!nx's build i need to put a config file for some keys but the navigation ones work still.

The other thing i've found is that if i try to make a change to the usr.sqsh file, when i boot it up after repacking, it has 100% cpu usage and the wifi no longer works (it's sluggish in the menus too so the wifi is probably because of the 100% cpu)

got any suggestions on what could be causing it or how to fix these problems?
M3 kernel sources repo will be broken for a while (hopefully for one day only) as I'll be doing some restructuring and clean up in order to have a clean PR to Corey's repo (J1nx kernel repo is a dead end for PR).
(2014-05-04, 17:45)dhead Wrote: M3 kernel sources repo will be broken for a while (hopefully for one day only) as I'll be doing some restructuring and clean up in order to have a clean PR to Corey's repo (J1nx kernel repo is a dead end for PR).

Hi dhead,
Now Xbmc 13 stable is released officially,are u going to build linux for m3 and mx with Gotham 13?
@Jackhari

Not ATM, it's secondary on my list.
My focus is on cleaning the M3 kernel commits in order to PR to Corey's repo and as initial investigation for a kernel bump (I still not sure if the latest 3.0.50 is fully supporting the M3).

The main theme for the next build (I hope to publish until the end of the week) will be as I already said more wireless drivers and maybe a little more wifi throughput.
It will probably be Gotham RC1 image based on Corey's updated patches for XBMC, he done great job updating the patches.
Only after this image I'll update to Gotham stable.
After bumping to Gotham I will start looking at the misc issues.

Regarding MX, my g18ref device doesn't boot at the moment.
it seems I may corrupted a partition on the nand when I turned i off while writing to nand, I didn't had the time to looked at it and I'm not quite sure when I'll have time for it.
If you insist then I might build an image for it but not before next week.
(2014-05-05, 02:56)dhead Wrote: @Jackhari

Not ATM, it's secondary on my list.
My focus is on cleaning the M3 kernel commits in order to PR to Corey's repo and as initial investigation for a kernel bump (I still not sure if the latest 3.0.50 is fully supporting the M3).

The main theme for the next build (I hope to publish until the end of the week) will be as I already said more wireless drivers and maybe a little more wifi throughput.
It will probably be Gotham RC1 image based on Corey's updated patches for XBMC, he done great job updating the patches.
Only after this image I'll update to Gotham stable.
After bumping to Gotham I will start looking at the misc issues.

Regarding MX, my g18ref device doesn't boot at the moment.
it seems I may corrupted a partition on the nand when I turned i off while writing to nand, I didn't had the time to looked at it and I'm not quite sure when I'll have time for it.
If you insist then I might build an image for it but not before next week.

Thanks mate,yes I have mx box too ,interested in using ur linux build if u cAn compile when u have time.
I compiled yesterday from ur source but failed at the end to make the image.
Argh...
It looks like Corey bump his XBMC patches so I'm revisiting my statement, if no major issue arise next M3 build will be Gotham.
(2014-05-01, 15:20)dhead Wrote: @wojciii

No for both.

I can't say if a Mygica A11 (which I will offer soon) can flashed as it is on a Xios, I need to review the differents between the configs.
Corey offers a JynxBox M3 build that might work for the Xios M3 but I wouldn't reccomend on flashing it blindly before making sure it won't brick you device.

Are you talking about "corey/2013.11-Amlogic" branch / "mx_linux_jynxm6_defconfig" config?
SOC type is set to "M6/MX" and I assume that this will not work on an M3 SOC.

Which branch / buildroot do you think will work on my hardware and could be used as a starting point for development?

It looks like the branch "j1nx/2013.11-Amlogic-TLBB-M3" together with the config "m3_linux_tlbb-m3_defconfig" should work based on a quick look at the config ..
@wojciii

Look at the feature branches in my repos (M3 kernel and Buildroot) how I updated and added configs for the Gbox and adapt for the A11.
As I mentioned at the moment I'm squashing and cherry-picking from J1nx's develop branch in my M3 kernel repo, getting it ready for PR, it's a bit of a mess now so more adaptions might be needed.

Staging branches will be updated probably today for easy compilation.
Hi guys (and gals if any are here Smile ),

sorry for taking so long for uploading a new Gotham build, here's a short update for anyone who's interest:

A Gotham build is taking shape and it looks like it will be much better than the Frodo build in all aspects.

There's still an issue that is needed to be resolved with wifi that introducing instability to XBMC.
Before finding the cause of the issue I can't be absolutely sure that it's limited to wifi and that it isn't endangering the device so I won't upload a test build unless a specific request will be made.
I will may have some time tommorow for more extensive testing, I hope this isn't something that needs to dig inside the power and gpio code (I try to avoid writing something useful as I don't got the time).

When wifi is stable the performance is quite great, on my optimized test enviroment 1080P was played flawlessly over wifi.
This is due to J1nx's tweaks to the driver, the updated advancedsettings.xml by Corey (silly me for not updating it) and of course Pivos work.

I plan to update the A11 configs at the end of the week, if anyone got a GBox 2.0 and willing to test an image then I'll update also that.
I haven't looked yet at the Bluetimes M3 related files to determine if we need another build for it, probably only next week.

Gotham staging branch is ready for compilation if anyone bored or want to contribue.
Just keep in mind that my branches are subject to rebasing and squashing and as far as I see it Corey's repositories are the community mainline.
Looking forward for the build mate.appreciate ur work.
I just wanted to pass on my appreciation, its nice to see someone working on this. I personally am looking forward to a stableish gotham build on the pivos xios m1 (was so bummed when pivos said they weren't going to do them anymore), and its great to see it somewhere on your list, its just nice to see someone thinking about it Big Grin.

Anyways, again thank you very much! looking forward to testing it someday!
New Gotham build based on Gotham 13.0 stable.
This is a long post as it's the first Gotham stable release, future build posts will only detail the changes, full details would be found at the first page.

The fact it's based on Gotham 13.0 doen't means that this is a stable software.
To detemine that it's stable much more testings is needed, read the Disclaimer before anything else.

Notebale changes in Gotham:
Quote:Official XBMC Gotham changes:
* Use software decoding for DVD stream with still frame due to a bug with amcodec [Matricom's Brandon McAnsh].
* Tvheadend client works great with AAC audio.

Updates to patches from Frodo (updated by Corey):
* Amlogic power management (shutdown from menu...).
* RAM buffer patch
* Trickplay FF/RW fix
* HDMI audio fix silence blips (it's still far from perfect)
* Reduce AE buffer size check

FFMPEG related (updated by Corey):
* FFMPEG 1.2.4 patch
* UDP related fix

Build related changes:
Quote:* Beautiful Gotham splashes (by Corey AFAIK).
* Wrong password issue seem to be resolved.

Known issues:
Quote:* Missing ALSA sample rates remapping, AFAIK the issue will be audioable with limited sample rates on analog output only.
* Enabling DTS and AC3 passthrough via gui isn't possible, I don't got a AVR so it'll be difficult to test but I'll see what I can do.

Features to test by users
Quote:It would much help to recieve respones from users about the following, logs and detail descriptions are welcome.

* 1080P output (I don't have access to one ATM).
* Stability of wifi for long period and logs when special issues arise.
* Confirm that wifi malformed key issue is resolved.

Recommendations, Common problems and fixes
Quote:* If after adding the wifi hotspot network it terrebly slow then disconnect, delete the hotspot and re-add it.

* Wrong password issue:
When initially setting the wifi you may be asked to re-enter the password even when it's correct.
You can skip this and close the Virtual Keyboard window and also close the "Available Access Points" window.
You'll see on the Wifi Connection window a message about a malformed key, don't worry, just choose the newly added conection and click on it to connect, now it should work.

* Update / Recovery Menu userdata wipe issue:
You might failed to wipe userdata partition from the recovery menu, this happened to me with the rtl8192cu device.
I haven't looked at this issue, probably partitions addresses are not corrected in the recovery kernel installed on the nand.
As a temporary solution you can ssh (or use sftp client) to access your device and just manually delete your /root/.xbmc folder.

Download:

M3_LINUX_GBOX-update-Gotham-20140507.zip
This will run on Pivos M3? . Sending a Pivos with a friend in 2 days, to half way around the world , so would hope it is at least usable.
@tekno

No.

I think that probably next week I would have time to compile test builds for the rest of the devices that had support in J1nx's M3 kernel repo.
That means Pivos M3, Bluetimes M3, GBox 2.0, Mygica A11 and TLBB-M3 (I can test the last two).
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7