• 89(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
I too have got it working in lubuntu 14.04 using the same method. Works great. Although I did notice the tv.exe command line went wacky because it couldn't assign a pid. Did you have that issue too?

cbanakis, I've never tried plex so I can't help with it, but if you haven't looked into it, check out hdsurfer. That might be another solution for you for plex.
(2014-05-05, 15:39)timmyjl12 Wrote: I too have got it working in lubuntu 14.04 using the same method. Works great. Although I did notice the tv.exe command line went wacky because it couldn't assign a pid. Did you have that issue too?

cbanakis, I've never tried plex so I can't help with it, but if you haven't looked into it, check out hdsurfer. That might be another solution for you for plex.

Yes I do, I am going to start looking into/working that issue. The other thing I noticed is sometimes the tuner doesn't stop when you hit the "stop" button.
(2014-03-03, 22:46)siak Wrote:
(2013-12-31, 04:44)Scott1620 Wrote: I wanted to share that I have fixed the channel change issue on the Rasberry pi using the tv:Confusederver script.

The problem seems to be that the pi cannot stop the stream before trying to initiate the stream to be switched to. I changed the Overlay.py file in the resources/lib folder.

After the two self.Player.stop() statements in that file, ADD time.sleep(5) after it. Like below.
Code:
self.Player.stop()
time.sleep(5)

This basically gives the pi time to close the current stream before the next stream starts. Works like a charm for me!

Thanks so much mcheng89 for this BTW! Amazing piece of work here, it just keeps getting better.

I have the same issue and adding the two statements did not fix my problem. Which version of XBMC are you running, Frodo or Gotham?

Wonder if this is the reason for you?

i still use 0.6.4 since it seems more stable to me.
I am prepping a fresh Gotham install. Installing the 0.6.4 tvserver generates the following error:

"Add-on does not have the correct structure"

Any advice?
(2014-03-03, 22:46)siak Wrote:
(2013-12-31, 04:44)Scott1620 Wrote: I wanted to share that I have fixed the channel change issue on the Rasberry pi using the tv:Confusederver script.

The problem seems to be that the pi cannot stop the stream before trying to initiate the stream to be switched to. I changed the Overlay.py file in the resources/lib folder.

After the two self.Player.stop() statements in that file, ADD time.sleep(5) after it. Like below.
Code:
self.Player.stop()
time.sleep(5)

This basically gives the pi time to close the current stream before the next stream starts. Works like a charm for me!

Thanks so much mcheng89 for this BTW! Amazing piece of work here, it just keeps getting better.

I have the same issue and adding the two statements did not fix my problem. Which version of XBMC are you running, Frodo or Gotham?

Saik, I am on server 0.6.0 and running Frodo XBMC on my pi. It also works well on an android tv box that I have linux xbmc frodo running on.
Has development on this stopped?

I've been trying to get this going but it seems that windows 8 won't work.

Is this in the works at all?
(2014-05-29, 17:48)gspitman Wrote: Has development on this stopped?

I have it working on windows 8. Where are you running into an issue?

Seems like development has stopped Sad

Good thing is that it works great as it is now, but it would be nice to see some further development. Just wish I knew how to program and could make something like this myself.
(2014-05-29, 23:03)timmyjl12 Wrote:

Good thing is that it works great as it is now, but it would be nice to see some further development. Just wish I knew how to program and could make something like this myself.

I use it on Windows 8 as well, in regards to development. Its possible its stopped as well. I tracked down the developer on another forum and just got ignored. I know they were actively browsing there Undecided I really hope it continues, as the DLNA features sound amazing. This software in general is amazing, anything that supports Flash can view TV. The other night I had it browsing on the Wii U. Lol
Hi, I've installed the software and it's working great! Thank you to those involved in the development.

Question on Plex usage - I can access and view TV through tv:Confusederver using the Plex web app, but when trying to use the Plex ios app, the video never plays. I can use iphone.html without issue, it's just the plex ios app that refuses to play the video. Does anyone else have this problem, and does anyone have any suggestions?
(2014-02-18, 12:18)dbqbbq Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 06:54)floormatt80 Wrote: Hi, long time follower of this thread, first time poster. Thank you mcheng89 for all your hard work on this project!

Two things:

1. I'm trying out v0.6.5 and I notice my EPGUpdater batch seems to throw an error when it runs. Could it be the two forward-slashes should be back-slashes in the path? See log files below:

Yes, slashes should be consistent (and back-slashes for Windows).

Quote:2. I've been trying tvserver for about 6 months now off and on and I just can't seem to get VLC to cooperate. When I start a stream I get an error. See log below:

[2.16.2014.10:50:39]: Stream: Received play request - group=0, channel=4
[2.16.2014.10:50:39]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Starting video stream
[2.16.2014.10:50:39]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Setting VLC transcode parameters - transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=500,deinterlace,vfilter=canvas{width=852,height=480,aspect=16:9,padd},acodec=aac,aenc=avcodec{strict=-2},ab=92,channels=2,venc=x264{aud,profile=baseline,level=31,keyint=30,ref=1,vbv-maxrate=600,vbv-bufsize=1200}}:
[2.16.2014.10:50:39]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Setting VLC stream format - flv
[2.16.2014.10:50:57]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Failed to start VLC process
[2.16.2014.10:51:13]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Failed to start VLC process
[2.16.2014.10:51:30]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Failed to start VLC process
[2.16.2014.10:51:46]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Failed to start VLC process
[2.16.2014.10:52:03]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Failed to start VLC process
[2.16.2014.10:52:03]: Tuner[192.168.200.1][1]: Failed to start video stream

My system is a Win 7 Pro with a Ceton card and I'm currently trying v0.6.5 with VLC 2.1.2 64bit. I've tried just about everything I can think of such as: reinstall VLC, clear its preferences, try different versions of VLC such as versions 1.1.9, 2.0.1, 2.0.8, 2.1.0, and 2.1.2, and both 32 and 64 bit versions. I've verified the path to my VLC in the settings.conf is correct. I've even tried some tips found in this thread such as: make sure its not a firewall issue, run tv.exe as an administrator. Nothing has worked. Does anyone have this problem as well or have any guidance for what I can try next?

Only time I ever had this was with firewall issues which you say you've eliminated - presumably you've turned off all firewalls (Windows Firewall and any third party firewalls) completely? What was the setup like when you were trying to watch the stream that generated the error above? Were you viewing from the server computer or a remote computer? On the local network or a different network? Viewing from web, VLC, or XBMC?

I am also having this same problem, It happens on the local network trying to view using web, and also by using the external ip using web, From the local machine or from a second laptop using the web interface firewalls disabled and i have pointed it to vlc's .exe in the setup
annnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd,,, got it working. seems there is an issue using vlc 64bit installed 32bit vlc set location everything works!

I get VLC errors every time. It doesn't seem to recognize the strings, no matter what version of VLC I use. I documented the issue a while back, but got no replies.
(2014-07-01, 03:36)gspitman Wrote:

I get VLC errors every time. It doesn't seem to recognize the strings, no matter what version of VLC I use. I documented the issue a while back, but got no replies.

Weird. Do the directories match? In Windows and under the http://127.0.0.1:8888/m/status/ page? Did you add in your hdhr? What version of hdhr device are you using? Windows 8.1 I assume? Hope I can help you figure it out because this is the best piece of software I've ever used!
Has anyone gotten logos to work with the web interface? I've been creating them and manually inserting, but I didn't see a better solution. Here's what I've come up with.

I've decided to develop a program that will auto load all the logos into the guide for anyone who wants them. It works on the web interface and on the mobile site, and should also load them into XBMC. If this is something you're interested in I need some help. I need a few channel map files from people with different cable providers and also a few beta testers. Message me if you can help with both. Here's another screen shot of the web interface with logos.

It's going to take me another week to create all the logos, and probably a week to get a beta version done (if I can get the channel map files).
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10