• 203(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Audio problems in NUC

I just installed the stable version 13.0 Gotham and I still have the same problems with the audio (I only work well with Beta 1) Sad To see if someone can help me.

Hardware: Intel NUC D54250WYK

I have the two video outputs of NUC one connected to TV and other to AVR (PIONEER VSX-LX73). In the audio output settings in XBMC I have it in WASAPI default.

When I enable Passthrough ceases to sound from TV speakers, if I disable it, when I connect the AVR have to go back to the settings and enable it to decode audio.

Alguna solution?

Thanks in advance.

PD: I'm sorry but my English is not very good
Choose the specific sound device. You are running the default one.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
When the two devices are connected, only recognizes the AVR (Pioneer VSX-LX73) when I disconnect the AVR, TV Pioneer KPR500A appears, if select this device even if the Passthrough option is enabled there is no sound on TV.

My question is, why it works well with Beta1 and not the stable version 13?
"even if the passthrough option is selected"? Your TV cannot do passthrough at all.

I cannot follow.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
For there to be sound on the TV has to be disabled passthrough.

Sorry but my English is not very good
Yes, exactly. Your TV cannot do passthrough.
Any solution? in Beta 1 works well, the TV and AVR.

Now with the stable version every time I want to watch movies through the AVR I have to go to settings and enable passthrough for audio decode well.
I have issues with Netflix APP for windows 8 when using Dolby 5.1. The whole movie slow downs and it becomes unteachable.

Do you have same issue ?
(2014-05-06, 06:45)macmus Wrote: I have issues with Netflix APP for windows 8 when using Dolby 5.1. The whole movie slow downs and it becomes unteachable.

Do you have same issue ?
What has this to do with XBMC?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
On the latest beta are black levels still high on limited 16-255. Do I need to apply the SSH fix below or is this now part of the standard config?

(2014-03-26, 13:08)kouze Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 12:30)deaerator Wrote:
(2014-03-24, 20:12)lmyllari Wrote: With current OE you can use VAAPI decoding, SW filtering and 16-235 xbmc setting. You won't even need my passthrough patch with a Panasonic - it assumes limited range. You just need to use xrandr to set full range output (to avoid GPU scaling your limited range signal again).

The SW filtering downloads decoded frames and puts them through the same path as software decoded frames -> the 16-235 setting in xbmc works fine and you get a nice untouched signal.

No idea about Windows, sorry. Usually I don't associate Microsoft with "good RGB signal". Tongue (<- unfair stab at the whole xbox360 fiasco)

Can you explain in detail how to set this up or is there a sticky somewhere.
SSH to openelec box and type:

cd /storage/.config
touch autostart.sh
chmod 0777 autostart.sh
nano autostart.sh

# RGB fix
xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full"

The other parameters are found in XBMC directly in expert mode
@Nellgrove

As lmyllari told me, for a >>Limited RGB range only<< TV (If your TV only "knows" limited range and has no rgb-range-flag processing and stuff) you may use:

in your autostart.sh

combined with

16-235 xbmc setting.

That's what i use for my "limited range only" lcd and it looks great/correct now.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2014-05-06, 14:29)Nellgrove Wrote: On the latest beta are black levels still high on limited 16-255. Do I need to apply the SSH fix below or is this now part of the standard config?

The latest Beta is a Final now Nod http://openelec.tv/news/22-releases/125-...0-released
| myHTPC |
(2014-05-06, 14:34)axbmcuser Wrote: @Nellgrove

As lmyllari told me, for a >>Limited RGB range only<< TV (If your TV only "knows" limited range and has no rgb-range-flag processing and stuff) you may use:

in your autostart.sh

combined with

16-235 xbmc setting.

That's what i use for my "limited range only" lcd and it looks great/correct now.

That's fully correct. As xbmc does the "scaling" from "Full" to "Limited" for you (with that setting turned on). There is though a usecase when this does not work. For example some AVRs (Marantz NR1402) only accept "limited range", when you put 0..255 through it, it will clamp byself _again_ which is a big problem. In that cause, you only can drive X11 in limited mode and _don_t enable the xbmc limited mode setting (would scale twice again).

It's not that easy - but also not too hard :-)
Thanks both. Any idea if Onkyo NR818 is affected the same or am I ok with just the setting and the extra line of code?
I think your AVR is not affected by this issue.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
  • 203(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7