• 5(current)
Release Songza Music Plugin
I'll take a look
Smile 
(2014-04-05, 05:53)avens19 Wrote: I'll take a look

Thanks, appreciate it!
Let us know. Smile
For you guys on OpenELEC, can you post a debug log of the crash?
Will try to post a log as soon as I can. Thanks in advance for looking into this.

On another note, I lost my user settings when restoring from a backup recently. Went to Songza's site today to pull my user number again; looks like they changed their site's format. You can't get to your actual profile anymore. If I click on, say, my favorites, the web address comes up as: http://songza.com/user/playlists/favorites/
Here is a new version with the python fix: http://goo.gl/QCGwqG

Please note that the user account integration changed and now the addon uses username/password login instead of the userid method. This method was preferable as it now updates your recent playlists when you listen to a playlist in XBMC. You can also add a playlist to your favorites right in XBMC. However, Facebook accounts are no longer supported. Sorry if this breaks your account but it's a better method. Please switch to using a non-Facebook if you want to use the login functionality.
Awesome. I was hoping you guys would eventually integrate this kind of functionality. Will give it a try tonight.
(2014-04-07, 20:23)avens19 Wrote: Here is a new version with the python fix: https://github.com/ByALongShot/XBMC-Plug...-1.0.1.zip

Please note that the user account integration changed and now the addon uses username/password login instead of the userid method. This method was preferable as it now updates your recent playlists when you listen to a playlist in XBMC. You can also add a playlist to your favorites right in XBMC. However, Facebook accounts are no longer supported. Sorry if this breaks your account but it's a better method. Please switch to using a non-Facebook if you want to use the login functionality.

Perfect!
I tried it a bit, works great!

Thank you.
Hey guys,

Love Songza, thanks a lot for making this plugin. I'm getting "dependencies not met" on Frodo 13.0. I've been installing addons fine up until this point, I grabbed the latest zip from the dev in this thread.

What other decencies should I try installing here? Really want to try and get this going.

Thanks all!
(2014-05-06, 03:16)desync Wrote: Hey guys,

Love Songza, thanks a lot for making this plugin. I'm getting "dependencies not met" on Frodo 13.0. I've been installing addons fine up until this point, I grabbed the latest zip from the dev in this thread.

What other decencies should I try installing here? Really want to try and get this going.

Thanks all!

What platform are you on? If you install from the zip it should automatically download the dependencies for you. If you want to try it manually, you can install the Common Plugin Cache under Services in the XBMC.org official addon repository. Settings -> Addons -> Get Addons -> XBMC.org Addons -> Services -> Common Plugin Cache. I also just posted a new zip if you want to try that. The link is the same: http://goo.gl/QCGwqG
(2014-05-06, 03:42)avens19 Wrote:

Thanks all!

What platform are you on? If you install from the zip it should automatically download the dependencies for you. If you want to try it manually, you can install the Common Plugin Cache under Services in the XBMC.org official addon repository. Settings -> Addons -> Get Addons -> XBMC.org Addons -> Services -> Common Plugin Cache. I also just posted a new zip if you want to try that. The link is the same: http://goo.gl/QCGwqG

Awesome, your new zip seemed to fix the problem for some reason. Installed successfully. Works well, but i noticed after "Skipping" about 3 tracks in a row, it gives up. I'm a free user. Is this because Songza puts a limitation on the skips?
(2014-05-06, 03:55)desync Wrote:

Thanks all!

Awesome, your new zip seemed to fix the problem for some reason. Installed successfully. Works well, but i noticed after "Skipping" about 3 tracks in a row, it gives up. I'm a free user. Is this because Songza puts a limitation on the skips?

Partially. The Songza API doesn't have the idea of a skip limit, however it does have the idea of a skip timeout. Essentially you can't skip songs faster than about one every three seconds. To avoid this issue, I added a song "Pre-load". It's in the addon settings. Essentially, while listening to one song, the addon goes and loads the next few songs in the playlist, obeying the 3 second per skip limit. That way you hopefully won't run into the issue unless you skip really fast. So go into the settings and ramp up the limit to about 6 or so Smile
(2014-05-06, 04:01)avens19 Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 03:55)desync Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 03:42)avens19 Wrote: What platform are you on? If you install from the zip it should automatically download the dependencies for you. If you want to try it manually, you can install the Common Plugin Cache under Services in the XBMC.org official addon repository. Settings -> Addons -> Get Addons -> XBMC.org Addons -> Services -> Common Plugin Cache. I also just posted a new zip if you want to try that. The link is the same: http://goo.gl/QCGwqG

Partially. The Songza API doesn't have the idea of a skip limit, however it does have the idea of a skip timeout. Essentially you can't skip songs faster than about one every three seconds. To avoid this issue, I added a song "Pre-load". It's in the addon settings. Essentially, while listening to one song, the addon goes and loads the next few songs in the playlist, obeying the 3 second per skip limit. That way you hopefully won't run into the issue unless you skip really fast. So go into the settings and ramp up the limit to about 6 or so Smile

Thanks for everything mate, this is perfect. Everything working.
If I may suggest, someone should update your latest zip in the OP posting, it seems to fix some strange dependencies.

Cheers

Thanks all!

I think this person meant GOTHAM13.0 anyways, I'm running gotham 13.0 and I'm getting the "dependencies not met" message as well. I used this link you gave for the download, I already have the common plugin cache installed. is there anything else I can do to fix this?
I think I made another change shortly after the one above after getting the message in my own testing. Please download the latest version (same link) and try again. If you still get the message, please turn on debugging from the Settings menu and post a log after getting the message.

Thanks
Thanks it installed this time. but I'm having problems with the login. I have my username and password correct however my favorites and recently played folders don't show anything. I think the problem is it doesn't seem to make an attempt to log in. I put the settings in and nothing happens
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Songza Music Plugin3