• 122(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
I've been checking in on this thread every few weeks since we lost Hulu, just wondering if anybody has had luck with any of the fixes posted? I have tried updating some of the scripts posted a couple pages ago, and also using the beta, for me nothing works still.

While obviously the plugin doesn't appear to be working at 100%, are there any confirmed partial fixes as of yet? I would just like to watch the daily show/colbert Tongue
@ d3mncln3r

Every time there is a fix , they just close the loopwhole. Certainly they are watching this thread. As you might know, they have taken drastic action against VPN users. Besides, in hulu you need to have cable subscription to watch some of the latest show.

For the show you are asking, there is already dedicated addons their. search the forum. USTVOD working nice. Thanks
(2014-04-28, 17:27)d3mncln3r Wrote: I've been checking in on this thread every few weeks since we lost Hulu, just wondering if anybody has had luck with any of the fixes posted? I have tried updating some of the scripts posted a couple pages ago, and also using the beta, for me nothing works still.

While obviously the plugin doesn't appear to be working at 100%, are there any confirmed partial fixes as of yet? I would just like to watch the daily show/colbert Tongue

There are specific daily show and colbert addons that work well. John Oliver's new show is good too, you should check it out if you like daily show and colbert. You can find all of them on the mashup addon also.
For Windows and Linux users, there is still the Hulu-Desktop app. I'm running Linux Mint Mate v.16 and the Hulu-Desktop is working fine. So you could install the Advanced Launcher and have it execute the Hulu-Desktop from within XBMC. I don't know if there is a Mac version, and I realize these apps don't work on non-PC devices.

Taking a step back, since the Hulu-Desktop app still works, and since the Hulu plugin was modeled after this, maybe there is some identifying code inside the official app which allows it to work properly with the Hulu site. It is hard to understand how Hulu could keep blocking the plugin without at the same disabling the app.

The Hulu-Desktop versions you will find online are 2-3 years old and they still work, regardless of any Hulu site changes. So it is not like we're shooting a moving target here. Of course, it is only a matter of time before Hulu completely disables the app, or so one would believe, and then we're back to square one.
(2014-04-30, 20:55)jimt35126 Wrote: For Windows and Linux users, there is still the Hulu-Desktop app. I'm running Linux Mint Mate v.16 and the Hulu-Desktop is working fine. So you could install the Advanced Launcher and have it execute the Hulu-Desktop from within XBMC. I don't know if there is a Mac version, and I realize these apps don't work on non-PC devices.

Taking a step back, since the Hulu-Desktop app still works, and since the Hulu plugin was modeled after this, maybe there is some identifying code inside the official app which allows it to work properly with the Hulu site. It is hard to understand how Hulu could keep blocking the plugin without at the same disabling the app.

The Hulu-Desktop versions you will find online are 2-3 years old and they still work, regardless of any Hulu site changes. So it is not like we're shooting a moving target here. Of course, it is only a matter of time before Hulu completely disables the app, or so one would believe, and then we're back to square one.

The reason that the desktop still works is because SWF 2 isn't an issue with it or a browser. The XBMC librtmp doesn't handle it.
OK well....if the devs at HULU are in fact following this thread, how about a compromise? I think that is totally fair to ask for one. How about you get us to a point where we can use HULU IF there are 2 ads at the top of each show, 1 to 2 ads....or more depending on content.....your choice in between segments and one to two trailing ads. I have no problem with ads on any show I watch in HULU, if it gives us all the content we are looking for, then lets work together for a solution. Get our guys the tunnel to get the settings correct to work with HULU as you design it. We aren't trying to undo HULU. We simply want a plugin to give us the best HTPC experience and we know HULU can provide that for us. So, if you really are watching, meet us halfway, introduce the ads, introduce the promos from HULU and the network stations and lets make this thing work for all concerned. As has been stated a million times, we can go to HULU in a browser anywhere and pull up HULU and watch whatever we want to that way, we just want to work together and create an HTPC system that works with HULU.

So, maybe this is a long shot, but it is a shot, Once again, help is find a happy medium and lets get a working HULU plugin for XBMC

Thanks
(2014-04-30, 21:00)learningit Wrote: The reason that the desktop still works is because SWF 2 isn't an issue with it or a browser. The XBMC librtmp doesn't handle it.

Thanks for the technical explanation, learningit. Seems like I had read something about that several months ago, and then had forgotten about it.
XBMC is the least of Hulu's worries.
This news leads me to believe that a Free hulu app is closer than we think, although the SWF/librtmp issues still may be around

Hulu to launch free mobile content, new iOS app this summer
Yeah I confirm here that the Hulu Desktop app still works even on the Mac. However, when you first start it it gives you a warning that support for it is being dropped and it might not work after January.
Hulu updated their user agreement several months back having the user acknowledge that access through un-offical channels is not guaranteed and may go away at any time.

The only real option is to have an official Hulu Add-on. Even as subscribers, we don't have any 'rights' per se. We access the content as they allow. Also current Hulu add-ons are hacks - making something work where it isn't meant to work.

If XBMC existed in a form like Mozilla and were to court Hulu and Netflix (the current Netflix add-on is and just a launcher) and Amazon and make agreements, we would have access. We need official add-ons. That's it plain and simple.

I think it's time for a $70 Roku refurb.[/align]
... online petition.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
Gotham is a total bust as far as add-on compatibility goes...
(2014-05-07, 04:57)jimt35126 Wrote: Gotham is a total bust as far as add-on compatibility goes...

No joke. Everything except Amazon in Bluecop's repo is marked as incompatible for me. Gotham says dependencies aren't met; does anyone know what's needed?
(2014-05-07, 05:16)Fyrilin Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 04:57)jimt35126 Wrote: Gotham is a total bust as far as add-on compatibility goes...

No joke. Everything except Amazon in Bluecop's repo is marked as incompatible for me. Gotham says dependencies aren't met; does anyone know what's needed?

Oh, nothing very challenging: just update all the plugins to be compatible with the new framework. I just should be finished in a few days at most. ~LOL~

J/K - - - I had read somewhere that Gotham was supposed to maintain plugin compatibility.
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17