• 4(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
@dhead,
I have managed to install Gotham build in my m3.
1st time didn't connect ,said disconnected after I put in password,but 2nd attempt was good,wifi is stable no disconnect.but annoying thing I find is lot of addons like filmon,sportsdevil,mashup when playing stream before stream plays Xbmc reboots ,I have about 5 times crashing in 20 minutes of test I did,most time it's when video is about to stream.
Anyway,excellent work mate.
I think there is lot to work on ,more testing needed.
@Jackhari

Thanks for reporting, when I tested it was look like all the instability issues resolved, well I guess not.
Next time please test first legitimate addons from XBMC official repository as it's forbidden to discuss the mentioned addons in the forum and I avoid them completely.
p.s. I will upload today new Gotham and Frodo test builds (if nothing breaks then about 2 hours from now).
(2014-05-07, 05:08)dhead Wrote: Download:

M3_LINUX_GBOX-update-Gotham-20140507.zip

It its not too much to ask .. would you mind writing what branch and configuration you used for building this image?
@wojciii

Unless there are questionable changes that I prefer not to push the staging and staging_gotham branches are updated and will build cleanly without a change.
The config of course is m3_linux_f16ref_gbox_defconfig.
great job, many thanks
acemaxtec
(2014-05-07, 14:44)dhead Wrote: @wojciii

Unless there are questionable changes that I prefer not to push the staging and staging_gotham branches are updated and will build cleanly without a change.
The config of course is m3_linux_f16ref_gbox_defconfig.

Thank you. Big Grin

I noticed that the libtheora package does not build on my system.

The following fixes the build. The problem was that cross compiling libtheora attempted to execute the cross compiled executable on the host. This does not work. It only happened when pdflatex was detected.

diff --git a/package/libtheora/libtheora.mk b/package/libtheora/libtheora.mk
index c4faab3..0bd4718 100644
--- a/package/libtheora/libtheora.mk
+++ b/package/libtheora/libtheora.mk
@@ -16,7 +16,7 @@ LIBTHEORA_SITE = http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/theora
LIBTHEORA_INSTALL_STAGING = YES
LIBTHEORA_LICENSE = BSD-3c
LIBTHEORA_LICENSE_FILES = COPYING LICENSE
-
+LIBTHEORA_CONF_ENV = HAVE_PDFLATEX=no
LIBTHEORA_CONF_OPT = \
--disable-oggtest \
--disable-vorbistest \

I have also noticed that using "-j6" flag to make breaks the build. Is this something that you experience as well?
I'll test the Pivos M3 build once you have it ready.
Here's the first test build, sorry for taking so long, my internet connection is unstable ATM, the rest of the test builds were already compiled few hours ago but I couldn't upload them.

It would much help if both Frodo and Gotham images will be tested
* Frodo based image: M3_LINUX_GBOX-update-Frodo-20140507.zip
* Gotham based image: M3_LINUX_GBOX-update-Gotham-20140507-test1.zip
* Gotham based image, only test this if the issue described by Jackhari not fixed in the previous test1 image: M3_LINUX_GBOX-update-Gotham-20140507-test2.zip

@Aenima99x
Great I will compile a test image in the near future (probably next week).

@wojciii
I don't use the multithreading flag, if I remember correctly when I did tried using it the build failed on XBMC and it seems like the XEN client (running in PV VM) already using all my cores.
Sorry - but to just confirm I shouldn't flash any of the images here onto a MyGica A11 yet as it will likely brick it?

Once you have a build for that I am happy to test

Thanks for your work
Thanks for all your hard work dhead. I will look forward to that Bluetimes build next week and will be happy to give feedback.
It looks like the issue with internet streams is fixed (by Team XBMC in Gotham HEAD) and the M3_LINUX_GBOX-update-Gotham-20140507-test1.zip include the fix.

If you encountered with the issue, meaning XBMC restarts when trying to play a stream then please upload the logs, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy .

@DomZ

No, don't ! it won't work.
@dhead,
In these new build both Gotham and frodo ,I still find wifi doesn't connect first attempt,says disconnected wrong key ,but I delete it and do again it works fine,u experience same there ?
@Jackhari

No, for me it's connecting at first try, though I only tested it about 4-5 times.
Can you confirm the issue you described with internet streams is resolved ?
@dhead,
I find the previous wifi issue again in these new builds too,
Both frodo and Gotham ,always says malformed key when type the right password.
This is main issue .
U sure u and others not seeing what I am seeing here.
For me wifi doesn't connect any more with new frodo and Gotham build.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7