XBMC v13 (Gotham) FAQ
Really? Damn. People are starting to catch on to my bitcoin mining trojan.
(2014-05-09, 00:49)teeedubb Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 00:44)Ned Scott Wrote: What does everyone think about the Gotham FAQ right now? Anything you think it should have that its missing? Anything you think should be clearer?

Internet explorer also throws up a warning when downloading v13.

Are you sure? I just tried it in Windows using IE and got no warning, and it's the first time XBMC has been installed on this Windows install.
(2014-05-09, 00:44)Ned Scott Wrote: What does everyone think about the Gotham FAQ right now? Anything you think it should have that its missing? Anything you think should be clearer?

I just read through the audio FAQ. I'm currently getting good audio with Frodo (and have not switched to Gotham yet). I just want to confirm that in Gotham if I want to have XBMC to do Multi-channel LPCM output over HDMI (and I'm using a 5.1 setup) that I select 5.1 channels and NO passthrough.

Is this correct?

B.
Correct
(2014-05-09, 01:14)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 00:49)teeedubb Wrote:

Internet explorer also throws up a warning when downloading v13.

Are you sure? I just tried it in Windows using IE and got no warning, and it's the first time XBMC has been installed on this Windows install.

It wasn't as serious sounding as the one chrome throws up, but from memory it recommended not to download the file. I'll double check and post a screenshot/ie version if I get it again.
On my Apple tv1 running crystalubuntu gotham won't connect to wireless does anyone know what I need to dob to get it working or is it a bug?

Is there a section on new settings for Music? All the pages I see say "updated for v12." I'm fairly happy with the way all my music is setup and I don't want to have any issues with the transition.

Are there any specific instructions for an update re: Music Library, etc.?

B.
Has anything in the music library actually changed? (I honestly don't know)
(2014-05-09, 03:17)teeedubb Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 01:14)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 00:49)teeedubb Wrote: Internet explorer also throws up a warning when downloading v13.

It wasn't as serious sounding as the one chrome throws up, but from memory it recommended not to download the file. I'll double check and post a screenshot/ie version if I get it again.

Ok so on win7 +8.1 Im not getting the message Huh

Sorry for the false positive Big Grin
(2014-05-09, 08:58)Ned Scott Wrote: Has anything in the music library actually changed? (I honestly don't know)

You mean apart from the major overhaul for the Musicbrainz integration Wink
Yeah, I have my music library working and I don't want weird stuff happening in the transition. What is the recommended backup of the music library? Should I do an export and import or let the new version do its thing? I have assigned many artist pictures internal to the program (with no local files) and I don't want to lose weeks worth of work--about 6200 artist pics...

(I don't Musicbrainz at all...)

B.
Hi I have a problem with 13 It is great but I have a laptop connected to sony bravia tv via HDMI cable and a 5.1 system connected to the tv via optical cable. Now here is the only problem I have I cant get 5.1 sound with the new xbmc in frodo it workes fine with 5.1 sound . I set audio imput in settings to sony bravia but still no 5.1 any ideas? thanks
(2014-05-09, 18:39)Brian B Wrote: (I don't Musicbrainz at all...)

You say that, but are you sure? Musicbrainz id's can be inserted by tagging programs without you necessarily knowing, and that's where the major problems have been with music in Gotham, inconsistent Musicbrainz id's causing issues.
(2014-05-09, 20:10)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 18:39)Brian B Wrote: (I don't Musicbrainz at all...)

You say that, but are you sure? Musicbrainz id's can be inserted by tagging programs without you necessarily knowing, and that's where the major problems have been with music in Gotham, inconsistent Musicbrainz id's causing issues.

I've encoded my library myself and from what I can tell none of the programs I use create Musicbrainz data anywhere. What programs add the data without knowing it?

What about my previous questions about making the transition to Gotham without losing all my assigned music artist pics?

B.
(2014-05-09, 12:20)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 08:58)Ned Scott Wrote: Has anything in the music library actually changed? (I honestly don't know)

You mean apart from the major overhaul for the Musicbrainz integration ;)

I honestly don't know about that either. In order to help cut down the large number of posts to read each day, I typically skip those related to music problems. I guess I have some reading and investigating to do :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC v13 (Gotham) FAQ1